Dev blog: Abyssal Deadspace - What Lies Beyond The Filament

Medium Projectile Turrets… no idea why CCP never fixed their tracking issues.

Hard to say I think. Right now people must grind or pay with cash or live ascetic life in eve or find a smart way around it all. Personally I hope that in the long run PvE that is a challenge will be more prevalent and outclass grindable PvE in terms of rewards, thus leaving more time for the non-grinder to PVP.

You know what would make this feature a…oh. Sorry. Ahem…make this feature a riot?

Get rid of the suspect flag entirely. Change it to this…either all levels, or just levels 4 & 5, exiting Abyss spits you out in a random spot in the galaxy. Lowsec, highsec, nullsec, even wormhole systems. Just, SURPRISE! YOU’RE HERE NOW!"

6 Likes

Someone give this man a medal for best idea of the week!

4 Likes

LOL maybe not wormhole since most wont have probe launcher hahaha

Oh noes. PvPers might have to contend with the same unknowns that the PvEer will.

And then there are the NPCs. In high tier sites they will be all that matters. Wether or not they switch targets, will be too powerful of an influencer.

In my suggestion, PvPers and NPCs will ignore each other. The PvEer will be alerted to the attacker’s intrusion and will have around 30s to prepare an escape.

Anything is vastly better than gatecamping and RNG death.

What’s next, CCP officially renaming the phoenix to pheonix?

If you rly want to go in how about this

If there is a room the pve runner hasn’t yet entered ,the pvper,just 1, ends up in that room and has to deal with the rats ,before the pver makes his way there, so he can kill him ,the survivor gets to complete the site or dies.

This way you as would be ganker have to be ready for the dangers of the abyss too else the rats will kill you and you don’t get your pvp

But this is all crap anyway since the game can’t tell between an attacker or an alt ppl would just game the system this way to get help inside so take your bright idea you keep banging the drums for and rethink it

3 Likes

Also the lore premise for your pocket collapsing is really stupid.
The triglavians leave the biocaches for their own patrols to access aswel as the gates.
If the pocket could crush your ship wouldn’t it crush everything else too?the gates.pylons and caches.
Also extending this to the trig-drifter war why aren’t the trig just collapsing every pocket instantly on the drifter menace?

As far as I noticed if we were to go lore wise the pockets we access are at the border of whatever triglavians call home,there’s no habitation or planets yet tons of defensive infrastructure.

3 Likes

I kind of envy the people who don’t take part in these discussions, don’t test on SiSi and just run yolo into Abyssal Deadspace once it is live.

2 Likes

They’ll just die and cry for balance meanwhile everyone more cautious will wait.

Looking forward to some of those dank ratting ticks

2 Likes

The only players that are going to make out like bandits with this new expansion are Data site runners.

4 Likes

Well exploration needed something nice to add value especially with all the newbies wanting to do it

2 Likes

Insert (“Cargo scanners need to be removed!”) rant here… The salt over selectively pilfered data sites is going to be awesome!

1 Like

I have been running tests on different ships and fittings on the test server on this new feature. I am not enthousiastic about this new content.

Basic problem for me is that it seems not farmable. Some people might argue that that is a good thing, but one of the main strengths of EVE is that a lot of stuff is farmable. In an universe where , if you lose your ship, you lose it and all the fitting being able to recoup from your loss is important. Thats why stuff needs to be farmable. A predictable way to make (lots of) money is very important.

I found out that a lot of the sites can be run in a passive shield Gila, or an active armor dual rep Ishtar. Most other ships are not performing that well. But even in tier 1 filaments you run the risk of losing your ship, because the NPC’s in the rooms are totally random. If you have a room with 10 drones it is all easy, but i have seen rooms with two capneuting and one dps Leshak. if you run the active armor Isthar you are pretty much dead here. I also had in a tier 2 site an occassion where i did run into two rooms with about 15 drones and 5 frigates after each other. While i could tank the spawn and do some damage i did not have enough time to finish the site in 20 minutes. With two drones to go the deadspace collapsed and i was out of another Ishtar.

This happened on the test server, but i think if this keeps on happening this new feature will be not very popular. Imagine losing a T2/deadspace fit HAC or pirate cruiser every 4 or 5 abyssal deadspaces or so? What the lower tier deadspaces drop is totally not worth it.

The new Trygablabla ships are also not very interesting for PVE or PVP. I AM DISSAPOINT.

Oh well, back to carrierratting and rorqual mining it is. DELVE RULEZ

4 Likes

Partially run data / relic sites is ALREADY a problem. AFAIK, players need to open ALL the cans in order to despawn / respawn new sites as quickly as possible.

1 Like

See? It’s already begun!

My 10 pence…

I’m a pretty positive chap, you know, glass is half full type, yet despite being exceptionally attractive little areas, some utterly stunning visually. I struggle to find any logic to the 20 minute time cap.

From what I understand from the hype, the target is short gameplay pve to attract the ‘limited time pve player’ with the possibility of a gank to attract the ‘bullyesque, I’ll just take your stuff type player’ should you be successful and depart the abyss space with some booty. While this is somewhat childish it is not the issue.

Due to the semi random environments and NPC’s inside, building a ship to succeed within the abyss space pockets is relatively troublesome, to counter every eventuality with one ship a hard ask. With your ship and pod guaranteed to be lost should you fail, there is significant time required for research and procrastination beforehand and expected initial loss of liquid capital through experimentation. This seems to place the whole short gameplay concept outside the reach of those of us who genuinely have a short time to play each day and replaces it with not so short lost time syndrome. Spending that most valuable time on building the ship, and then having a mere 20 min play with it before total loss.

This whole concept looks fantastic… On paper. The reality is not so wonderful. There simply isn’t enough time to extract maximum enjoyment factor value within a 20 minute window considering the absolute risk of the endeavour. Rendering it sadly as unappealing and flaccid.

I would suggest a lengthening of the time frame to 40 minutes, 30 at the very least.

5 Likes

Add +5 minutes to the timer for each level of filament difficulty over F1, so you get 35min for F4 and 40min for F5. Or something like an additional xx damage (exponential increase) for every minute you remain in the pocket past 20 minutes.

2 Likes

It’s basicly 2 PL guys and a hydra guy making pve lol .Ahahahaha!

Now back to testing their dumb content

Also…

While the pod loss makes total sence within the constuct of the idea, ie there would be no good reason for it to not be destroyed, and would detract substatially from the whole concept and challenge at hand. I feel (once this hits TQ and inplants stop only costing 100k) the time and isk/lp cost of clone replacement in adition to the inevitable “bollocks I need to go right back to formula” ship building, a significalt wall has been built infront of the player. On that might be so unworth scalling that participation may be insubstantial.

This makes me question the challenge. :face_with_monocle:

Imagine this was a condom, you have 20 mins once activated to reach climax, you can’t take it off and if you don’t come in that 20 mins your cock explodes… would you use one?

5 Likes