Dev blog: Clone States - The Next Steps

This!
Also, why is there zero progression on the mining department and you can get all the way to battleships now with Alphas?
I got my venture on minute 5 of playing, and I can’t get any better than that. Boring.

1 Like

@Clone_States my next steps?

1 Like

Probably because CCP believes that too much industry is already happening given the demand for products. By having alphas use (and destroy) more stuff without giving them more ability to create stuff… they could be trying to boost the demand side of their economy.

1 Like

To the great DEVs at CCP,
#1 First, thanks for the opportunity to do more stuff as an Alpha-Clone

#2 The 'Clone States-Next Step" blog mentions somewhat narrowing the potential between Alpha & Omegas and the addition of important utilities. In the spirit of those two goals, I have the following input.

As currently proposed, an Alpha can add a drone control range of +40km assuming a single module (20 skill + 20 T1-module). An Omega can add a drone control range of +64km (40 + 24 t2-module).

I propose adding level 3 of Advanced Drone Avionics to the Alpha skills list (or at least level 2). This would do for ‘drone range’ what is being done to ‘DPS potential’, and add some utilities.

Thanks for your time. I look forward to playing with whatever skills end up being on the final list :slight_smile: o7
@CCP_Falcon, thanks for heading up this comment blog !

1 Like

Exactly, so if alphas can fly more things and get more things destroyed, why not let them create a little more too?
Besides, why let alphas use ice lasers if they can’t fly any ship that can use them?

1 Like

So I just want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly:

1. The skillpoint list at the end of the devblog is a master list of all skills alpha clone is able to use, and it adds up to ~20.5 million skillpoints
  2. Out of that list, an alpha clone is able to train only up to 5 million skillpoints
  3. To train the remaining 15.5 million either skill injectors or omega account has to be used
  4. The skills(and skill levels) not on the list are not available to alpha accounts period

Yes, on all counts.

Also if a previous Omega lapses back to Alpha they keep all their skill points, but can only use the skills and levels on the said list. (Although this could have be inferred from #4)

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon
Another inquiry: Currently, we can not extract any alpha skills unless we have an Omega Clone. In the upcoming release, assuming we have >=5.5 Million skill points, will we be able to use a Skill Extractor on ‘Alpha Skills’ ??

I did not see this specifically addresed, but the blog could be viewed as implying it could be done.

Since we would have to pay money to go above 5 Million SP it would seem reasonable to be able to us an extractor like an Omega clone can.

Looking forward to the end result : )

@Naxos_Kali, if CCP says yes to my request, instead of forgetting your SPs, you could use an extractor, split it into small injectors, sell enough to recoup your isk spent, and inject the remaining.

Thanks.

Guess all that’s left is to wait for pyfa/EFT/osmium(hah) to update with the new alpha clone and I can get to work.

1 Like

Sorry to say but even Omega accounts can’t extract Alpha skills. Hence the cap on extracting being set at 5.5 mil SP.

• I extracted a 100 mil SP character which now has perfect Caldari Alpha skills, which can’t be extracted…

Can you confirm if this will be true after the update? (Since this is a discussion about the future state of things, not the current state.)

B®ought to you by 50k skill point lootboxes, spawned out of thin air for $$$

WTF happened to you ccpgames :pensive:

As there was no mention they intended changing the current state, I’d take an educated guess at things staying the same.

Add to that, most of your current Alpha skills are prerequisites for any further training, it would be foolish to remove them…

Okay, pure speculation. :+1:

You could say that or, as I am, take note of what is in the blog and not speculate on what isn’t…
Maybe if Devs were changing the state of extracting skills it would have been mentioned.

Out of curiosity what 500K SP would you extract? Keeping in mind most of the current Alpha skills are prerequisites for further training or at least, required if you plan on optimizing builds.

If you train skills for a day of omega purchased with real money or plex… you are getting skills spawned out of thin air for $$$.
If you cannot train but instead buy a “skill lootbox” with 1 day’s worth of training skillpoints… you are getting skills spawned out of thin air for $$$.

Since you are only allowed to inject 1 day’s worth of skills each day… what exactly is the difference?

3 Likes

Hopefully this next step will come on 5th or no later than 12th of December, because after that the support will probably be poor due to the incoming holidays, plus people would like go get a taste of the new skills before they go on a vacation. Just my thought. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a long-term member of the New Order of Highsec, and a stalwart of the CODE. Alliance, I fully endorse this request/suggestion.

Because there is already too much created.

Mineral prices are low right now. Adding alphas in mining barges = more minerals and potentially lower prices.

Adding more expensive ships for alphas to buy (and lose) = more demand for minerals. I THINK (I have no way of knowing for sure) that this is intended by CCP.

You guys can gank poorly fitted mission BS just as easily as you gank poorly fitted mining barges. You’ll be fine.

2 Likes