Dev blog: Login, Database & Chat Issues - The War Continues!

Dear Dyver Phycad,

I am sorry that you feel that my opinion is not useful in helping with this situation. I very much enjoy hearing from everyone about how everyone feels about pretty most everything at any time. I am sure that you will feel free to generate more discussion on this subject with your viewpoints since perhaps discussion generated by a myriad of conflicting viewpoints may cause the truth eventually to become known to more of us.

Thank you for your praise of CCP karkur since genuine praise can inspire even more heights of accomplishment from those who are working hard to provide everyone such a wonderful game experience to all of us. Thank you kind sir!

[19:04:09] EVE System > Could not connect to chat server tranquility.chat.eveonline.com:5222
This is on my all chats on all accounts.
Any idea how to fix it?

EVE used to be $20 on Steam, then after the Odyssey update in 2013, it went on sale for $5 on Steam and that’s when I finally stopped waiting around due to my anti-MMO bias and jumped in. Been subbed on 1 or 2 or 3 accts ever since, for 5+ years.

So there was an up-front cost, albeit with 30 days of sub time included, to start out playing back then. No alphas, ofc, either, just the time-limited trial.

AFAIK, CCP only mentioned something once, around end of May/early June (Abyss update) about SP coming soon for March issues once things get straightened out… guess that didn’t happen till late July/early August… the problem is, the SP was for the March chat system revamp patch day issues that lasted that whole week. If everyone who was affected that week had gotten 250k SP a week or two later, all the people complaining of missing out now months later would have been none the wiser and not feeling like they’d missed out, since the SP would have already been in the past for them after they started being active.

It was the nearly half-year delay between the issue and the SP gift that is causing jealousy and that left-out feeling. But yeah, they need to realize that this was not supposed to be for the entire last 6 months of issues on and off but for very specific issues in March, hence the way CCP distributed the SP gift.

1 Like

I find it utterly redunkulous to assume that at the precise moment nc dropped in all their titans…this ddos attack began. 50% of nc titans dc’ed at that point. is ccp gonna refund 19 titans?..i think not unless they belonged to goonswarm. out frigginrageous! i watched on twitch as it happened.

1 Like

Must be a coincident, there are no conspiracies nor exploiters in EVE Online, CCP efficiently bans exploiters :face_with_hand_over_mouth: thus all happenings are 123% legit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is EVE tranquility becoming emotionally aware?

Have problems with closed socket and enter to game every 5-20 min afet dt what happend?

This game is now crashing every 1 minute with Socket Crashes.
This is making the games unplayable.
I use 100mb broadband so I know it isnt this
Get this problem SORTED

It is definitely bad today. Online numbers are low and I’m having all sorts or delays, closures, server connection failures.

Come on CCP, this is a great product but only when it works!

Once again we cant log into eve. Once again I have lost stuff that is really expensive to replace due to a DC.

CCP SORT THIS OUT OR CHANGE YOUR EULA - YOUR DISCONNECTS ARE COSTING ME ISK AND YOU DONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY TO REPLACE IT.

I pay good real life money on this game. what re you spending it on? its sure a ■■■■ not security because we wouldn’t have these problems

I’ve been sitting in game for the past six hours.
It’s not the CCP servers crashing you out, it’s a node in the net between you and CCP somewhere, or if the DDoS mitigation is still running it’s because a lot of attacks came from very near you (which is basically a node between you and CCP). So in either case, it’s not CCP’s doing.

Yes, and no. In relation to the DDOS measures the routes between customers, CCP’s DDOS mitigation partner and CCP’s cluster are a topic.

But there is also the topic of all the infrastructural and services changes. Like the chat server, which is so distributed that it pretty much defeats its purposes by introducing tons of weak points. Also the ESI server structure still has its issues.

CCP recognises all this, and makes efforts to tackle it. But it is a very complex set of challenges.

Oversimplifying and writing it all off on customers isn’t the best approach …

1 Like

I guess I shouldn’t have posted.

Discord just blew up with people losing connection to the chat server while tons of new channels opening and closing :stuck_out_tongue:

CCP needs to stop being lazy, dump Amazon’s shitty AWS chat, and bring the chat code back inhouse.

1 Like

no such thing as 123%…or legit. especially when you have devs as a part of goons…we all know its happening, because its happened before.

Your hatred for goons has blinded you it seems. Maybe chill out a bit and read my post again so you recognize it was a sarcastic joke. Maybe you can borrow this handy tool from me too… for free on top of that:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.