Dev blog: New Alpha Training Option

I was wrong, after logging into SISI an Alpha I found you can actually train the skills to use a battleship, it seems starting a new Char will be the best way to go for my Alpha if I want to train for free. Mine is pretty much maxed so would need to pay a sub. I wonder how many other Alpha’s will be in the same position?

2 Likes

Disregarding all your “context” garbage:

1. Current skill injectors have no limit on how many times a day you can inject. You could inject 100m skill points all at once. New skill injectors are limited to injecting one per day… so you can ONLY get 1 days worth of skills each day… the same you would get if you were able to train skills for that day.

2. Current skill injectors generate the SP through a player paying CCP for training time then harvesting the skill points. New skill injectors skip the part where the player trains and then harvests… it provides the injector in “already harvested” form.

3. Only alphas can use the new injectors.

The key points are #1 and #3. Because you can only use the new injectors once per day… and because you have to be an alpha to use them… you actually SHORT yourself SP by using injectors. 30 days worth of injectors costs 600 plex. 30 days of omega costs 500 plex. You have to take a full 30 days to inject the 30 days of injectors… unlike the current ones where you could inject all 30 injectors at once. And since you are an alpha (and presumably capped out with skill training otherwise why short yourself by spending plex to get to the free training SP cap sooner)… you aren’t getting any other skills besides the injector. You are literally paying for an injector that gives you 1 day of training… the EXACT SAME as if they turned on your training queue for another day.

There is no “context” here. It’s pure numbers.

No you showed the context nicely and probably didn’t even realise it.

One injector is produced via skill points trained and paid for by a player - The other is created from nowhere by CCP.
Context is - CCP should be creating 50k extractors, not injectors - They are manipulating the injector, extractor market by setting a fixed price for SP.

Aside from that, as for the rest of your reply;
How is an Alpha shorting themselves by using an injector? they get to train for a day at Alpha rate + get 50k SP from the injector. Seems like a win win, if you have the money to spend.
Why do people use traditional injectors when it is far cheaper to just train at Omega speed - Simply because they want it NOW. The same reason Alpha’s who have the money will use injectors
Alpha’s who are close to the cap could (if they choose to spend) inject as many 50k injectors as they choose up until they hit Alpha cap, then pay for a months sub and use those skill points - Immediate battleship, albeit with pretty poor support skills.

Actually, if you read the blog, once an Alpha hits the 5 mil SP cap for free training - The injectors can be injected but not applied - You need to pay for Omega to use those additional skill points… So, as an Alpha with enough isk (or money) to buy one each day for 3 or 4 months, all they need do is pay one months Omega and apply all the stored SP. They have trained at Alpha rate the whole time, then apply a bunch of skill points as an Omega - with the price being set at less than it costs for a traditional injector this is a decent way for an Alpha to train up skills quickly and cheaply.

2 Likes

Under your reasoning no-one should ever train because it’s SP from nowhere.
The 50k is a days training, it’s literally their training queue. it just doesn’t come minute by minute.
And it costs MORE than Omega would for a month if they do it continuously. The advantage is that they don’t need to do it in one month chunks.

Also no, they do not need to go Omega to inject the skills into the 20 million of alpha skills, go and READ. You are getting this all wrong.

So… effectively here are your options for a new account (assuming you only use plex and you start with 400,000 skill points and that a daily training number of skill points is 50K, 25K for alpha)

• Immediately go omega. Cost - 500 plex per month. SP gain - 1.5m per month. 12 month total - 18.4m skill points, 6000 plex spent.

• Play as alpha to 5m sp cap, then Omega. SP gain - 750K sp per month as alpha. 1.5m per month as omega. Takes roughly 5 months to get to 5m SP. So the cost for this over 12 months is 3500 plex and you reach 15.5m skill points.

• Play as alpha to 5m sp cap, then use daily injectors. Same 15.5m skill points as above, but cost is 4200 plex.

• Play as an alpha while using daily injectors to get to 5m SP cap, then omega. 2.25m sp per months as alpha using injectors. 2 months to get to 5m SP. Cost over 12 months is 6200 plex. Ending SP is 19.9m.

• Play as an alpha using skill injectors the whole time. Cost over 12 months is 7200 plex. Ending SP is 19.9m.

So… the only benefit from the alpha injectors is if you use them faithfully from day 1 for the 2 months it would take it to max out free alpha skill training, you could end up with a character who has 1.5m sp more than an omega from day 1… for 200 extra plex.

So… all that would be needed to fix that issue (if you view it as one) is to not allow alphas to use alpha injectors for the first 2 months the character exists. Or you can let people willing to fork out a little more to get a boost up front.

And the downside is that in those 2 months, they won’t have the benefits of omega. No cyno’s, no covops, no worthwhile mining (if that’s their bag), no PI, no worthwhile market trading. 2 months of… what? Low level missions? highsec exploration? Cannon fodder? That does not sound like a fun skill plan to me, even if technically it would give a SP edge.

Everytime I check back to the blog there is something different you get completely wrong.

Nowhere does it say such a thing in the blog. The only thing happening at 5mil SP is that the training stops. They can obviously apply skillpoints in their pool to the skills in the alpha skill set.

1 Like

A perfect Omega remap trains at 64,800sp a day for reference btw. Though I wouldn’t expect using that perfect remap as a viable option for the first two months. 60,480 is a balanced map with +3 implants though.

I know it’s not significant but that should narrow that gap that the Alpha using daily injectors from day 1 manages, and make the Omega post alpha 5 million even better looking on that maths.

WOW, you turned your previous post, which made sense into something that is just a troll with no meaning what so ever.
What you spent time on here has absolutely nothing to do with the post you responded to.

Try reading what is in a post and responding to its content - Don’t twist it into something that in no way relates.

Hint; Get off the drugs, cut down on the energy drinks, reduce coffee intake.

Ok, lets see how wrong i got it…

What are Alpha skills? They are those skills up to battleship that add up to 5 mil SP. Once that cap is reached, any further training is done via Omega. No-one can train 20 mil SP for free (or with just Alpha injectors) - Once you reach the 5 mil SP cap you need to pay for SP, so any skill over 5 mil SP whether it be frigate 1 in a second faction or battleship 4 in your faction of birth, it is an Omega skill.
As you can’t apply unallocated SP to Omega skills, you need Omega to use injectors.

Can I use skill points from an Alpha Injector on Omega skills?

Yes and no. Alpha Injectors add skills to your unallocated pool where they stay until they are spent. As an Alpha you cannot apply those points to Omega skills, but, if you become Omega at some point with unallocated points in your pool they can be spent on any skill. The CSM was trying to find a way to abuse this but so far has not succeeded, please let us know if you do :blush:

When does “free training” end? At 5 mil SP - Anything over 5 mil SP is classed as Omega skill training.

And no, read the fuking blog. After 5 mil SP the ONLY way to apply unallocated SP (that gained from injectors) is by going OMEGA. I posted the section directly from the blog, TWICE… Try reading it…

Look I’ve tried… but you honestly are completely unaware of how incorrect you are. Here’s my final attempt.

1. The new patch will expand alpha skills to roughly 20m sp.
  2. Free alpha training ends at 5m sp.
  3. You can continue training by either paying for omega, injecting SP normally or using “alpha injectors”.
  4. Alpha injectors can only be used once per day. They have approximately 1 day of omega training sp in them.
  5. You can use them on ANY OF THE NEW ALPHA SKILLS. those skills that add up to 20m sp above.
  6. Training Alpha skills past 5m is NOT OMEGA TRAINING. They are still alpha skills. Alpha skills are any skills that can be trained by an alpha when they are below 5m. Even when your training queue stops, you’ll still be able to use injected skill points on them as an alpha. You are misunderstanding what you quoted… what I described is what it is actually saying. You are assuming that alpha skills = 5m skill points. Alpha skills are those on the alpha skill list which was posted by CCP… and are around 20m skill points.
  7. Omega skills are those ONLY available to be trained as an omega (like Titans, PI or cloaking). They will become disabled if you lapse from Omega to Alpha.
  8. The numbers I posted are the available options (short of stopping training after maxing out your free training at 5m skill points) over the course of a year… with the assumption that while training as an omega you’ll only get 50K sp per day (in reality you can get 60K pretty easily if you plan).

As I’ve said… this is MATH.

The problem is you do not understand the parameters. Your misunderstand of what CCP has clearly (for everyone else) stated is what is causing you to think the rest of the world is stupid and you understand what you’re talking about. The reality is… you’re the only one who doesn’t seem to understand what CCP said.

2 Likes

Wtf would be the point of extending alpha clones to 20 mil sp without any way to get past 5 mil? Of course an alpha clone will be able to use the alpha injectors to get from 5mil to 20 mil sp. Guys need to re-read that blog and think about what ya sayin

And feel free to come back after this is released to admit that you are completely misunderstanding this. I know nothing I say will convince you before then… and I’m guessing you’ll disappear once you realize how wrong you are. But I look forward to a pleasant surprise if you come back and admit your error.

1 Like

So current plex is 3.3m
20 * 3.3m = 66m for 50k sp (660m for 500k)
current injector is 800m for 500k sp

That will kill the extractor, injector market if you give out 500k at 660m when the going price for injector is 800m, extractor is about half of that.

Should probably just go full free to play.

Edit: I misunderstood your post and thought it was a genuine question/rant and not a rhetorical one. Apology for the retort-like reply.

The point is for returning players who wants to play for free like myself.

I have over 70m for my main. Coming back to EVE as Alpha but not even able to use past my race cruiser or even drones since I am Caldari is severely limiting. By giving Alpha an extended skill limit, players like me have more options and gameplay possibilities including PVP.

Please do consider there are a lot of players that are returning or not willing to sub and by limiting their free play to nothing more than flying cruisers with T1 modules, they are unlikely to stay. Don’t forget that a high player count is content by itself. Alpha players regardless of whether they sub or not provides content to the rest of the playerbase.

The issue most people are having is that the new players of Alpha has a possible benefit compared to a new Omega player in terms of training speed. However they are dismissing so many skills and opportunities that is available to an Omega new player. Ability to cloak, PI, T2 manufacturing, research BPOs, anchoring past 1, cyno, cheaper taxes, better trading skills, better hauling skills, etc.

1 Like

And this has what to do with the subject?

How will it kill it? Seems like a separate market altogether.

So you would pay 800m for 500k sp rather than 660m for 10 50k from the eve store.

You’d be one of few.

If I wanted 500k points to complete a skill, yeah I would. Why would I want to wait 10 days of injecting daily if I wanted a skill to use.

Unless the skill injector users are slowly building up an alt and is no hurry, yeah he can use the daily injectors for his Alpha.

However it is a bit early to compare the isk difference between the two. But we can compare it terms of plex wise. How many plex does it take to make an Omega skill injector compared to a Alpha.

Plus the fact they are injecting massive sp into the market.