Dev blog: New Alpha Training Option

That SP will only be usable by the alpha players and they have a very small role on the skill injector market. Also, you forgot to put extractor cost in there.

Now, if that player purchases multiple alpha injectors and then goes Omega he could potentially use the unallocated SP on Omega skills and sell the SP, but then you will have:

Alpha: 66M per day = 1980M ISK per 30d for the daily alpha injectors and you will only get 1.5M SP or 3 large injectors, add 1110M ISK for the extractors (convert ratio for 10 extractors sale on the LP store at 3.3M or about 370M ISK) and you get a total cost of 3090M ISK, 3 injectors will sell (790M ISK base price) for 2370M ISK and you will end up losing -720M ISK, in comparison to:

Omega: At PLEX price 3.3M ISK and 790M ISK for large injectors after tax you will make about 29M ISK per 30 days (1,944M SP, almost 4 injectors). Yeah, not very good times for the SP farms at current prices, but Injectors should follow up soon™ once the cheaper SP has been purchased.

Am I worried about the Injector market? Not at all.

The fact is CCP is making out better undercutting the ingame market .

The amount of free Alpha account being created is already injecting massive SP into the market. You can start training 100 Alpha accounts for free to 5m skill points which is what farmers are doing.

Only costs now is to get it above 5m to 5.5 mil to extract the skillpoints. Farmers are doing it with Omega accounts with +5 implants. Then buying extractor for plex/isk/cash to build a 500k injector.

Farmers will suffer but I don’t really care. :smiley:

You can’t get an alpha much above 4k without subbing, and it’s not cost effective to sub for extracting sp.

Sorry, it doesn’t add up, less you have some new math going on in your head.

No, they won’t. Farmers already use the tactic to get to 5M SP (and that SP is not extractable) for free and using the daily alpha injectors will be more expensive and unnecessary as I calculated in my previous post. Don’t forget the extractor cost!

Not to mention the nightmare of having to log in 100+ accounts every few days to renew the skill queues (remember alphas are limited to 24h queue and currently there are only 3 skills that can be trained to level V to save you some time, the incoming changes will make that easier though). So, running a SP farm looks easy for the bystander, but it’s actually a second job and not that profitable these days.

I mean think about it, if you have hundreds of Billion ISK to sustain a large SP farm, wouldn’t be easier to simply put all that ISK on the market and get somewhat good profits with a single account?

I know in terms of cost effectiveness, the Alpha injectors are actually not worth the isk unless time is a factor. Which is why I don’t understand why people are complaining about it. It is actually good and viable for Alpha players, CCP and doesn’t affect the rest of paying customers much.

No one is going to use Alpha injectors but Alpha clones because it is more cost effective long term to use Omega sub as a normal player.

Farmers won’t be able to capitalise on these injectors because it is simply not worth it in time and isk.

Injector market won’t crash because main users of the current injectors aren’t Alpha new players who can’t afford it anyway. If I can afford 800m injectors, I rather not waste time with Alpha training.

Old players with unlimited isk trying to build a custom characters won’t bother wasting time injecting daily Alpha injectors and rather just get Omega with +5s and injecting the normal 500k points for isk. Or just buy a character from the market.

I am fully supporting this because I don’t see anything bad about it other then the presume 'slippery slope everyone is worried about.

1 Like

Exactly my thought. Only Alpha players will benefit from this, so let’s just wait and see how much will they use it, because it is not a very cheap option for them.

Hopefully sometime in the future CCP will give us some stats.

I think there is some fundamental misunderstanding in this whole conversation and I think I found out what it is.

The only thing that happens at 5mil ISK for an alpha is that the skill queue stops. That is what people mean by “free trainig”, the SP trickle of the skill queue. There is no other SP limit to alphas other than the max amount of SP they can get if they max out all the skills in the new alpha set which amounts to around 20mil SP.

Yes, I read the blog and I watched the video where Rise explained the changes at EVE Vegas.

Let’s summarize again.

• The alpha skill set gets expanded and will now contain skills up to battleship and lift the restriction on racial training, which means the max SP an alpha can reach if he would “train” all the skills available to him in the alpha skillset is around 20mil SP
  • If an alpha has more than 5mil SP the skill queue stops.
  • Alphas can apply SP to skills in the alpha skill set, however they can not apply the SP to skills not in the skill set like Marauder or PI stuff, etc.

That’s basically it.

No, you will have the following options now:

• ~1500mil ISK : 1 month of Omega access, incl, 1,8 mil SP from skill queue
  • ~800mil ISK : Large Injector - instant 500k SP, no time limit, diminishing returns, no Omega access
  • ~60mil ISK : Alpha Injector - instant 50k SP, once per day, no diminishing returns, no Omega access, only available to Alphas

The injector is for a very specific use-case which did not exist before. It is for alphas who already reached the 5mil SP where the skill queue stops but want to train more skills.

Ok, while I was writing the last comment I came across a thought about how you can “abuse” the new injectors. Although only once per month.

If you only PLEX for a month and your sub runs out, immediately after you go alpha you use an injector and then go Omega again. This way you get the full day of Omega training as well as the 50k SP from the injector. Nothing game breaking, but given the ridiculous diminishing returns of regular injectors certainly worth a thought.

Sub for a year, use the spare cash to plex and inject for cheaper overall?

Though ok, your use case does work if it’s someone who grinds for their monthly plex but still wants to skimp on the injector fees.

Yes, at a first glance it really seams like that use-case is very limited. But the more I think about it the more reasons I find this is actually not the case. Let’s discuss this some more:

So this would mainly be attractive for people who:

• PLEX their character with ISK per month
  • Have a lot of SP already (> 80mil SP)

I somehow don’t think this is a minority. This will probably be true for a lot of older wealthy players.

Now one could say they probably don’t care about 50k SP if they have over 80mil already, but that is probably not true for all of them. There are players who compete with each-other who has more SP, and there are also other reasons why those additional SP could be attractive.

So once per month they now have the option to get an additional 50k SP for 60mil ISK. The alternative would be a Large injector which yields 150k SP for 800mil. This is quite a difference if you ask me and it could make this actually an issue.

1 Like

But those Alpha injectors only work until 20mil SP right? It can’t be used beyond 20mil SP.

So for Omega with more than 20mil SP, it is useless for them.

That’s actually the one bit that isn’t confirmed in the Dev blog. So if they put a cap in like that it closes off the one issue people have found.

No, any alpha can use an alpha injector. The injector increases the unallocated SP pool, so even a maxed-out alpha with 20M SP can inject them, they can just not actually apply them to any non-alpha skills unless they go Omega.

Given they would make more SP spending the equivalent PLEX/$$$ on staying Omega, this is of dubious value other than perhaps the marginal increased utility of having a large pool of unallocated SP you can dump into a skill at some future time on a moments notice.

Since there is no mention of it, I would assume it isn’t going to be there. But yes, they could prohibit injection of alpha injectors by alphas with 20M SP or more if this becomes an issue.

I would. The difference is the 500K SP (actually 400K or 300K for most using it) is in addition to training. I still get 500K SP from training as an Omega for those 10 days… PLUS I get 400K or 300K from the injector. The Alpha injector is used because alpha training is stopped. It’s a substitute for a day of training… not for a skill injector. I wouldn’t buy it if I were an alpha at 5m SP… but if I were an alpha at 5m SP I’m buying NO INJECTORS at the moment… because I’m at the cap.

You don’t buy a skill injector to replace a day of training. You buy it to speed up training. Alpha injectors don’t speed up training… they replace a day of regular training.

Perhaps they need to not allow the use of alpha injectors euntil an account hasn’t been alpha status for 24 hours. It’s a minor boost… but it is an exploitable gap. Good catch.

I don’t think CCP is even reading the feedback anymore

3 Likes

I don’t think most of CCP even bothers to read the forums, regardless of whether it’s their feature or not. It’s important enough though to probably mention @Steve_Ronuken or someone else on the CSM, if any of them bothered to be active. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like they are not interested in feedback either. lol