Dev blog: New Alpha Training Option

I agreed with several opinions above, basically this making gaining skill through injector - instead of training over time - become more normal, hence deviate further from basic Eve game mechanic principle.

Why don’t CCP just create a new clone state - e.g. alpha plus or simply beta - in which the character can train for skills above free alpha that’s not exclusive omega? The state can be gained similar way like omega or entirely different, but if the same (using PLEX) then should be with smaller granularity, e.g. 8 or 9 PLEX per day (if taken continuously for 60 days will be close to cost of omega, which match the amount of SP gained).

It’s more expensive than Omega state. 600 PLEX vs. 500 PLEX per 30 days.
So for 600 PLEX you’ll get 1.5 Million SP over the course of 30 days.
Combined with Alpha Training you might end up having a higher SP/hour when under 5M SP than an Omega.
Alas, this only works for the first 5M SP and only for Alpha Skills and it isn’t any real competition to regular Skill Injectors, due to its daily limit.

I think it’s pretty much alright.

2 Likes

And that first 5 million has you cannibalizing the free SP you would have got for being alpha.

3 Likes

I think you didnt read right, the new Alpha Injector gives you access to the rest 15m SPs (Omega skills) for one day. Its not working only for the free 5m SP but for all skills.
The only difference is that an Alpha will not have to sub for 30 days to get access to those skills, he will be able to train them whenever he wants to and for as long he wants (1 or more days).

So when do you think they will add in the “gold ammo” given CCPs slow and cautious approach to going Pay2win… I mean free2play… I mean alpha clones… Or whatever madeup term they use to disguise the gradual increase of cash for power.

Smart though, they learned from moniclegate/greed-is-good-gate, that you don’t just dump PAY2WIN into a game all at once, you do it gradually over time so people don’t know the water is boiling till it’s too late. I’d like to think Eve has a mature enough playerbase to see the problem, but humans are easily tricked.

1 Like

I do not think you are correct.

Come winter expansion, Alpha skills go to 20 mil total. However, take a skill like cloaking. That is and will stay an Omega skill. An Alpha injector will not let an alpha train an omega skill…

From the dev blog:

"As an Alpha you cannot apply those points to Omega skills, but, if you become Omega at some point with unallocated points in your pool they can be spent on any skill. "

So an alpha can only train alpha skills. And for example, they could only train armor layering to level 3. So if they are an alpha, they use am alpha injector (or any injector) they could not allocate unused skill points to train armor layering past level 3.

1 Like

I dont know which Omega skills an Alpha will be able to train but the injector will give the option (according to blog) to train for a limited time the not-free skills, without the need for a 30-days sub, otherwise the whole thing doesnt make any sense.

Not sure about that. It says quite plainly,

Does not award Omega Status

If it does not grant Omega status you can’t train Omega skills. What it appears to be doing is granting Omega training speed relative to Alpha skills.

The Dev Blog also says,

As we locked down the list of new Alpha skills, we realized that we really wanted a more affordable option that Alphas could use to train a little at a time.

Clearly that is in reference to Alpha Skills.

The only way to use the SP that comes with this injector for Omega skills is to inject them, activate the account to Omega status and then apply the SP to Omega skills. But that is rather pricey in that the daily cost of one of these is north of 60 million ISK and activating to Omega will cost either over 3 billion ISK or $14.95…on top of the DAI.

1 Like

They say:
" … and in many cases an Alpha may only need a small addition to their training to unlock a new ship class or weapon system, not 30 whole days of training"

A small addition for unlocking a new ship?! what ship they mean? an alpha ship? i dont think so - i think they mean the new Alpha-skills.

Well, one more way to take away money from players.

Turning players into payers.

1 Like

Yes, they are adding new skills to the Alpha clone state…are you objecting to that or this option to speed up training?

Nobody is taking anything. If you don’t want to pay for it…don’t pay for it and keep your money.

I have always been a payer while being a player…sheesh. :roll_eyes:

Good question, lol

I have always been a payer while being a player…sheesh. :roll_eyes:

But changes are for alphas and are there to take more cash from them.
CCP is like luring them: just a bit more training would be nice, but first buy this small amount of PLEX. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I would love to add this to the concerns list. CCP threw this thought of of the door pretty fast.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/skill-trading-in-new-eden/

“It’s very important to note here that this means all the skillpoints available to buy on the market in EVE will have originated on other characters where they were trained at the normal rate.”

No need to worry, this was already perfectly possible with the character bazza… oh wait…

1 Like

I’m reading it again and still cant understand what they mean, they say a small addition for a new ship-class without the need for a 30-days training, tell me, which alpha ship-class need so many days training? alphas can get only a Cruiser-Class ship, the free training time for a Cruiser is only a couple days! lol

I think with “30-Days” they mean 30-days Omega training.

• They sell 50k SP directly from the shop for 20 PLEX
  • Alphas can train up to Battleship and use t2 weapons up to medium.
  • Training will stop after 5mil ISK, after that they have to purchase SP
3 Likes

Only if they want too. So there is no taking. More like voluntary transactions.

Then don’t. And right now they are priced at around $9.99 for 11 of them.

Well…isn’t that the point here? One of these allows for one days worth of Omega training.

1 Like

You missed a blog:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

Both changes will occur during the same update. So Alphas will be able to train higher than a cruiser when alpha injectors become available.