Dev blog: Triglavian Technology - Ships & Weapons

I’m surprised, they didn’t make specific skills for each new “precursors” races to pull more money from our wallets? Monetization team fell asleep?
I don’t know if I want another new races, they still don’t know what to do with trigs and hulls looks rather meh imo, structure bashers.

1 Like

Soon™.

1 Like

New structure bashing fleet meta is here.

5 Likes

It’s an expansion with loads of new PVE content yet you still choose to ■■■■■ about it. You dissapoint me.

3 Likes

Floating real life Jove mothership scale model anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Trying bait me on a free Jove mothership, are you…? :alien:

Never said it’s free. :wink:

1 Like

Loads of new PvE content for whom? Not for me and not for any of the PvErs I got to meet and know over 8 years.

CCP keeps developing complex puzzles with a single correct solution whereas the content that has lasted for 15 years and still is every PvEr’s favorite (at least in highsec) are relatively simple puzzles with endless possible solutions.

Agent missions are easy to learn and hard to master. CCP insists making stuff difficult to learn but trivial to master; once you’re there that’s it, you solved the puzzle, and now don’t ever try anything new else or you’ll be punished with failure. Burners, priate shipyards, abysmal space… all the same crap.

Come on PvE monkey, now jump this hoop, toe this line, don’t look tot e sides; bring the right ship with the right fit and the right implants and all the right stuff (and don’t even bother to try anything else, and pray Bob won’t just eff you) and that’s it.

Why bother once you now that you need ship X, fit #4, implants J, and go to point 12 then kill NPC J10 then rinse and repeat? What’s sandboxy in a PvE that punishes all creativiy as a failure to conform to CCP’s desired solution?

It’s so bleedin’ limited that they only allow one ship class in. Their AI is so briliant, so smart, so well coded, that they need to tie the player’s arms to heir back just to make the sites work… :woman_facepalming:

It’s ridiculous. Obviously it serves some grand scheme for CCP, but as far as this retired PvEr is concerned, after devoting 8 years and 1400 euros to EVE Online before giving up, I wouldn’t use abysmal sites to wipe my ass, let alone PAY for playing them.

Easy to learn, difficult to master. Quite the opposite of all the PvE CCP has been inflicting on EVE for years of utter cluelessness.

7 Likes

That sounds like a superb idea!

2 Likes

“HAVE” to buy? We don’t HAVE to buy anything to play the game. Unless you’re one of the thousands of noobs buying ISK from CCP.

Looking forward to flying (and destroying) these new ships!

1 Like

So many beautiful words all in one post! I wish I could’ve given you more then 1 like.

1 Like

The vast majority of Eve players are not simple minded.

…LOL! That was the laugh I needed today, thank you.

1 Like
2 Likes

He, what? This doesn’t make any sense. The entire puzzle comparison is questionable. But apart from that Abyssal Deadspace Sites surely have not only one possible way of running them. Bringing Agent Missions as the counter example, are you serious? They are the perfect example of one-dimensional min-maxed content.

If you prefer missions, run them. If you don’t want PVE that is risky, then don’t run it. Other people will. Just chill and do what you like.

I beg you, please try that in Abyssal sites. After you lose a couple of ships, let’s talk again.

Hm interesting point. Assuming that you are talking about subcaps, I think CCP may have taken a route here which saves Highsec players from the grave mistake of thinking their blinged out Battleship will help them here. Do you know what happens to bling Battleships when small gangs catch them in Low/Null? They die to the gang. The same would happen in Abyssal Deadspace. Frigates might work in lower tier sites, T3D maybe, other Dessies not. Battlecruisers if they are Command Ships, yeah probably.

Also, as far as I know some Missions have ship restrictions too, so why try to bring this as an argument against Abyssal Deadspace?

In the end the entire thing is CCP giving us a challenge. No one has to accept it, but it doesn’t mean it is a bad challenge. If you don’t like challenges at all, no one will push you into facing them.

I never met anyone who takes so much pride in grinding missions that they call perfect min-maxing “mastering”. Have I seen everything now?

2 Likes

Idk, it feels like a bad challenge, personally speaking.

I’ve been testing this out on Sisi, and the RNG can feel pretty ridiculous at times. In one room you roll a suppressor that will AoE kill all of the drones for you if you lure them over to it. Then in the next room I’m met by 3 web drones, 2 neut drones, 1 rep drone, and a Drifter Battleship slowly but surely melting my cruiser into dust.

With a good roll, its a walk in the park. With a bad roll, you question why your doing this. Thinking about all the HACs that are going to get scrapped in this makes me feel like taking up industry.

3 Likes

You need a restriction like 1 per fleet. so you dont have a full fleet of this ship in new eden.

I brought my favourite bucket please bend over it so the tears don’t get wasted.^^
I’ll need plenty of refreshments in abyssal space.

1 Like

missions are easy to learn and very easy to master, you’ve seen one once you’ll know what to do next time. That’s why we need to randomize them at some point and that’s why CCP introduced AP. They are very similar to missions, it’s content on demand (like agents), it’s timed (like 30min average L4), and it is AI shooting. They need balance and tweaks sure, it is something new, just because you don’t like it and want just x more missions introduced to the game doesn’t mean it is bad approach to pve content. CCP finally focused on solo gameplay after so many years of wandering in the fog of “pve” players feedback. IF some part of those AP mechanics can be used in other parts of pve, like backgrounds, or random spawns I would be very happy to see it.

1 Like

Ships, even Triglavian, need resources. Resources need harvesters and refineries along with factories to produce the ships in.

Therefore there must be other access points located within Abysmal Space that lead into Triglavian production and resource harvesting centers.

The whole point is either develop difficult challenges with only one solution or simpler challenges that allow creative approaches.

You can only run the abysmal pockets in a very limited set of ways. If you bring the wrong fit for the environment, or the RNG hates you, you’re dead. Once you know how to deal with each set of conditions, it’s just a job. Maybe you would like to bring other ships, try other fits, but you’ll lose them. You’re a chimp on a space rocket; press the buttons in the right order or you’ll be punished.

Whereas the old fashioned dungeons are tolerant to bringing anything between a T2 Frigate and a Marauder. I’ve tested dozens of ships and fits, figuring funnier ways of running the same old content. Of course, I could have minmaxed the stuff and take the optymal path but, what’s the fun of doing the same crap over and over again?

And that’s what AP and Burner missions and all the other sorry PvE content are. Once you figure the answer, there is not much of a point resolving them over and over again, specially since they allow zero creativity.

You can take the one and only climb to the highest, most difficult mountain in the country, or enjoy a hundred paths to climb the hill at the park behind your home.

Guess which one is more replayable, which one appeals to more people, and which one brings greater revenue if you monetize them.

1 Like