Devblog: Abyssal Onslaught - New Content Coming To The Abyss!

PvP’s all I use my Hel for. Go aggro or go home.

1 Like

Brilliant.

I’m guessing it will be a separate gate off to the side from the main gate after the loot box.

I mean, aren’t both basically just ripping off Sauron’s eye tower dealie from LOTR or some random D&D stuff?

For the new 3 Frigate Co-Ops ones, I’m sure the frigs used for burners will be popular, incl Worm, Daredevil, Dramiel… and maybe some Assault Frigate action… but I wonder if maybe a trio of Damaviks will be the king. All 3 being able to spidertank RR with each other seems like it might be fun.

In last room there are 2 gates, one for exit one for PVP arena.
If you choose PVP arena when you enter room and there are additional loot cache and another ship. In this rom there is new timer of 30 minutes.
If you win you can loot triglavian cache and another ship werck.

Tested tonight at Sisi.

2 Likes

Ah, so it’s always at the end of the of the 3rd room, too. Good to know. That answers that other poster’s question about whether it could be in room 1, 2, or 3, or always in the same spot, etc.

And so the new timer of 30 minutes is the final timer, the original 20 minute personal timer is already done by the time you decide to enter the PVP arena. Interesting stuff, thanks for the info.

There was another question another poster had that you could probably answer: what about the weather/effects in the PVP room?

What happens if there is no other ship match at the point in time you enter the arena?

1 Like

and yet at my post of a trigliavian capital everyone says it sucks

That’s because the game has a cap ship issue atm.

This is one of the areas I think is an issue. We essentially have a Queue here.

Do we match L3s with L5s? Do we match weather? By the time we match all that how many times will it be only one player? Or will the one player have to wait indefinitely?

From a queue design standpoint it seems bad.

Also one of the supposed sandbox offsets to instanced PvE was that you could wait outside the trace.

Now that wait can be as long as 50 minutes?

1 Like

The ring really needs to shrink over time. On the other hand, this feels like emergent gameplay–albeit very frustrating gameplay for someone who came looking to fight.

Whale fishing

Who cares? Suspect timer was removed.

1 Like

“Players will not be matched or rewarded based on the difficulty tier or pocket type they came from. Instead, the Cladistic Cache will always have tier 5 rewards, with special favor given to the new weapon upgrade mutaplasmids.”

I can see an disposable PVP fitted cruiser came from tier 3 or below is going to obtain a killmail of a 2 billion PVE fitted cruiser came from tier 5 pocket, and also get the reward of a tier 5 cache.

Come on, only a disposable ship(with insurance) is at risk for such big rewards? Really?

1 Like

Go big or go home
Tbh im sure most lvl5 wont enter the PvP area

Currently, the plan is to limit the ‘optional’ proving ground entrance in the third room of tier 3 to 5 abyssal space. The ‘disposable’ whale hunting ship (likely built for kiting, or extreme passive tank) has to a.) live through tier 3 sites and b.) be able to avoid PvP player’s web and neut when they spawn in which is usually within 10km. This does narrow the pool of ships.

1 Like

Okay. so my question is about stalemates… Can someone explain the mechanic in detail? I just had one on sisi, and although his ship blew up as the timer expired, it seems I had about 15 seconds after that to activate the conduit… (which I failed to do because I was being a greedy bastard and trying to get the loot from the cache)

It seems deadly stalemates are a real likelihood… I thought the dps would start ramping up in the last 4 minutes, but it really didn’t seem to (maybe last 30 seconds if at all, not sure)

Any feedback anyone?

@CCP_Falcon Just wanted to let you know that the Triglavian Extractors in the pockets are incredibly awkward to approach and access. Even when I’m manually piloting around one, my ship bounces off of them constantly at a 4.5-5m range, when I need to be at ~2500m to get the loot.

2 Likes

What does it matter? You’re quitting tuesday.