Devblog: Chat System - An Update & The Future!

As I stated earlier it’s not really fair for some of those people who were affected by the chat issues to not get any compensation here.

I understand that a cut off date has to be decided, and CCP want to avoid abuse by people creating a load of new accounts and getting free skillpoints, but I think setting the cut off date for 2019-01-09, as this is the date that compensation was first mentioned, would be the most fair here.

As a new(er) player to EVE, I feel totally alienated by this decision - my current active Omega subscription should be just as valued as those people who have been Omega for many years.

Garth

1 Like

It took literally a year, to do a compensate… GG guys… And you give it out when the system again start to ■■■■ itself…

I didn’t receive the 500k sp

Accidentally posted to the other discussion.

Is there a way to audit the SP distro? This toon received 300K. My main account received zero on the highest SP. The second seems to have gotten 200K. I’m not sure about the 3rd since it may have previous unspent SP.

on a third account that reverted from Omega to Alpha a couple weeks ago, one toon has 200k SP and another ~247K. I’m not sure how much was unspent from previous events.

Out of 3 possible accounts, none received exactly 500k SP.

I’m having a similar issue. One of my two accounts didn’t receive the 500k sp reward, even though they were both in Omega status at least one time between March 20, 2018 and January of 2019. And both accounts were in Omega status before March 20. Very weird.

+1 to not getting all the SP here. I got it on one character/account - coincidently the one named when CCP sends me a promotional email - but not any other characters on my other accounts I know were subscribed.

Either this compensation is intended to be one per person/linked email not one per omega account, or CCP made a boo boo in their script. Either way, I expect @CCP_Falcon will clarify things when he gets a chance.

1 Like

This is bs i messaged customer support because I didnt get my skillpoints and all i was told was I wasnt eligible when the only requirement was being omega when i am omega and paid for my 3 months of omega on 2/3/2019

I have the same issue and all customer support says is “you weren’t eligible” and i call bs ive been omega for years lol

i like many have the same issue, they only response is oh send a ticket. so you are saying ticket every account i have, cant ccp just look @ the code, for me having a good few accounts its going to be a pain in the groin

7 accounts here and only one received the SP. Yes they are all Omega and have been since they were first created! Something is FUBAR CCP

CCP normally run the script over time, it’s not press a button and every single account gets them instantly. Give it 24 or so more hours before really starting to panic.

LOL so chat window is broken, I live in null sec, I die because null sec local window is broken- i do not live in wh space where there is no local and know to dscan whenever i do anything. I live in null, low sec and high sec- when local is broken and people are playing your game die because of local is broken, step up ccp and reimburse the ship lose. I would pay for a module for any structure to fix local, heck I think I am paying you guys to have a functioning game. When the game is messed up on your end and we get punished for it, how does that make sense. Reimburse the ships lost during the local window being broken and restart the server- like actually fully restart the game like normal down time. I remember long ago you use to do this to fix many bugs in the game, now it like you do not care about your customers. Restart the server and replace the ships lost during your screw ups, I bet someone would actually be in a rush to fix this bug. Every downtime, when ccp restarts the server, the local bug is fixed… I think I have your short term solution…

:frowning: I didn’t get my skillpoints…and I’ve always been Omega…and I can prove it!

I have 6 accounts that have been “Omega” for 10 years now and only one of them received a skill point award.

And it wasn’t even the highest SP account, or the oldest.

Will the other 5 accounts also be getting the award, as it says “The highest skilled character on each account that held Omega status on March 20th 2018 …” ?

Also, as has been suggested, why not put the SPs in the redeeming system for each qualifying account so that they can be redeemed on a different toon ? Just because an account has one toon that has more SP than the other(s) doesn’t mean that was the toon being played the most often at that time.

2 Likes

so i didnt get any why is that?

Only those with Omega on the specific date in Mar of 2018 will get the 500k SP. No one else, so if you subbed the day after your screwed. CCP justification was the amount of down time when they transitioned, not the ■■■■■■■■ we’ve put up with for almost a year since.

Source: Falcon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KOQKKH8fnA
or
https://www.eveonline.com/article/pocsim/skillpoint-compensation-delivered-for-chat-system-issues?origin=launcher

3:18 sec if you want to skip to it.

One of the EC2 instances in AWS running the ejabberd cluster rebooted unexpectedly. We are working with AWS to figure out what happened.

Contact Customer Support, please.

A lot of ppl didn’t get any sp. Even more we’re disqualified by the arbitrary date cut off. Some by a day or two.

LoL

“Arbitrary date cut off” there was no cut off, it was 1 day only.

Falcon Update

YouTube

You had to be subbed on that specific day, or you don’t get anything. (Even if you subbed the next day and then suffered for almost a year)

@CCP_Explorer It’s really kinda of borked to compensate only for the day of the change and not the 11 months of suffering. Since you mentioned it’s a script that’s adding the SP, shouldn’t you be able to make the script “prorate” the SP based on the number of days of suffering incurred?