Devblog: CSM Winter Summit 2019 Meeting Minutes

Disappointed to see nothing about Faction Warfare. It could add a lot to this game.

2 Likes

LOL. Just try searching the term “PvE” in the document and see what does CCP think of the ugly child of EVE.

The CSM is a wonderful example of why democracy is complete BS and totally worthless as a means selecting leaders and representatives.

Or CCP could go with Compulsory which actually happens in 19 countries. And before we hear about donkey voting or annoyed customers. I would point to the supposed 30 something average age demographic - and expect at least some level of maturity. Some of you pay lip-service to the ideal of involving more players and encouraging more voting. Well, time to ante-up.

Compulsory voting is a bad idea. Especially in a game where folks who don’t want to participate should be free to not do so. You’d just have folks randomly clicking names, generally names they recognize, and that would screw over anybody who isn’t already an EVE celebrity.

1 Like

Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried.

11 Likes

Tidi isn’t the problem, tidi is the solution. Lag is the problem.

That’s not why your Rorq was nerfed. It was nerfed because it’s too good at what it does and it’s causing downstream problems in the economy.

1 Like

FW is about PVP. The PVE aspect provides PVP content.

1 Like

Please tell me this is happening soon™

2 Likes

UNREAL, with all the money we give CCP you think they could just go hire some experts that could tell you that this is all a HORRIBLE direction! Instead lets jest hammer this game into oblivion by these oblivious idgits. What a train wreck!

How about they nerf plex and subscription prices! get out of here with that economic GARBAGE! No one believes you! This is about people making money at the expense of the average player.

People with working brain cells should. The sheer size of the isk and mineral faucets right now causes downstream problems.

2 Likes

Merkelchen asks about having some added functionality or a way to assign clients to specific monitors easier. CCP Cemetery replies […] they need feedback and more requests from the community as some only appeal to the power players right now

As a very much so non-power player (still in my first year), this is very much a want! I use two monitors and two accounts, and like sticking one on each. But then one crashes, or I relog to a different character on one, and suddenly both accounts are bumped to one monitor, and the one that doesn’t belong there now has the UI all messed up because they’re different sizes, and I have to manually change it back and reset aaaaall the little windows… It’s a pain, and should be possible to have things like monitor preference/size/etc. account specific.

Display corp-related activities in a form of the leaderboards. Show who mined or paid the most taxes. Maybe even have it integrated with the Activity Tracker.

Love it. My corp did this manually with a Google Docs spreadsheet and a very clever boy. However, mining was limited to the corp’s own Athanor field (open belt mining couldn’t be pulled through the ESI), but we had rankings for bounties, mission reward taxes, sales, moon mining, etc. that we used to determine wages. Having this in game, with more details and easily accessible, would be pretty awesome.

Concerns are raised from Brisc Rubal and Aryth about the impacts the PLEX prices have on their groups of players. They constantly need more time to crab instead of going out and blowing things up and Aryth is concerned that this would result in people simply leaving due to not having enough time at some point.

What? How is this a concern? Tell your corp members to sub instead of grinding for PLEX. This is not a reason for CCP to artificially adjust the PLEX price.

4 Likes

Really? explain those problems?

CCP Quant’s numbers. 25% of player never reads forums or other outlets - they have zero connection to the game outside of the actual client. Most of them are in High Security space. Maybe it is not random - maybe they start a connection. They read up and take an interest. Never know when the glass is always half-empty.

You can bring a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. Forcing somebody to cast a vote (I don’t know how that would even work) is just a bad idea. The likelihood is greater that they just vote for the first ten people or the guy listed first to click through than it is that they’ll take the fact that they’re forced to vote as a reason to learn about the candidates etc.

1 Like

The massive influx of minerals contributes to the capital proliferation across null. This, in turn, contributes to the massive ISK faucets being seen from capital and supercaptial ratting. That, in turn, causes a lot of the upward pressure in prices as well as the PLEX demand (for ratting accounts) that drives the prices even higher.

This is why Brisc was quoting that number of 3.5M per PLEX as the point where problems start to arise. Right now, we’re up at 4.2M/PLEX. That means in order to PLEX an account, you need to do 28hrs of VNI-ratting per month. That’s just not a viable model, and CCP knows it. Bring down the faucets, reduce the viability of botting, and you’ll see PLEX demand, and then prices, coming down again. Ideally, I’d put it just under about half of where it is right now.

3 Likes

What?

6 Likes

I am kind of PISSED OFF! I have asked for the the mining barges and exhumers to be looked at as they don’t have enough CPU/Power Grid to tank for the hostile New Eden Universe. I have asked for ALL of the Industrial Ships to be looked at because they don’t have enough CPU/ Power Grid to tank for New Eden either. I have even asked for the Frieghter to be looked at since the webbing insta warping trick was removed and it was the only active counter to bumping. I have asked for the CSM to look into why the mining drones are the SLOWEST drones in the game.

I understand that the better part of the CSMs are null sec players but come on.

Maybe in the next CSM election we can get a CSM that can address High Sec issues.

1 Like