5 Likes

srsly

“initial actions were based on unsubstantiated assumptions.”

/me speechless

5 Likes

Delete “$INSTDIR\spine.ini”
Delete “$INSTDIR\manifest.dat”

@CCP_Falcon

Unfortunately, you have now set a precedent of needing to back and review all past, current, and future bans. You have also set the precedent of needing to answer pleas of players who have been banned to re-open their account investigation and review it. I am sure you are already getting a few mails about past banned accounts as well.

The statement regarding this was brief, and you might do yourself a favor if you actually post some evidence with some explanation, thereby, conducting a Root Cause Analysis in public. This publicly displayed Root Cause Analysis might actually help you save face in this whole debacle.

17 Likes

not at all
they can just say under review
followed by upon investigation

get rekt scr… your still banned

2 Likes
5 Likes

Lets not bring up the times when CCP banned 50 accounts because they where in teamspeak with the best ISK doubler in the world, Erotica 1

6 Likes

seconded

1 Like

Well they deleted boot.ini once…

2 Likes

Id be tempted to vote for him simply because of this whole thing tbh, incredible really.

1 Like

I don’t think so.

1 Like

So since this is a high profile enough case, the guy gets unbanned after EVERYTHING AND THEIR MOM was thoroughly reviewed, because of a shitstorm.

How about all the other previous bans/strikes/warnings, that were done with exactly such carelessness, in fact even more carelessness, because it just required the press of a button and not drafted statements and uploads to websites and social media + 2 follow-ups and scores of man hours?

In fact my very own account got a strike a few weeks ago because I allegedly received PLEX from a hacker. Incompetent CCP did not even respond to my email with proof that this was in fact from a friend I having been playing with for YEARS. And even if that guy did somehow get the PLEX illegitimately, why on earth would MY account get a strike and not his. Mind boggling.

Pathetically shoddy and unprofessional work CCP. You should be ashamed and you deserve the embarrassment.

And this is just a small, simple invisible case, of which, I am sure, there are dozens a day.

Truly makes you think.

I wish others would come out and claim their wrongful ban/strike with proof, for a new PROPER review. You owe that to people now CCP.

17 Likes

I think the next time CCP should not ban and investigate before calling someone a cheater because you ban him and called him out so the eve community could talk about something he didn’t do. it like someone calling someone a murder and you judging him on that, CCP you need to look at the way they ban people without proper investigation. hope CCP learn from their ■■■■ up.

5 Likes

Precedent

1 Like

Respect to CCP. Not an easy thing to do.

6 Likes

Thank you CCP for handling this situation as mature as possible. Its nice to know that my new favorite game is handled by responsible adults. Very much appreciated.

Fly Dangerous!!

4 Likes