Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

Don’t forget that they are currently handing out apparel as a gift for the participation of project discovery #2. As long as this is running they can’t remove that completely. That will happen next year.

Also you are only buying the right to use them as long as it pleases CCP. Same as with SKINs.

2 Likes

Ok, well, let me try regardless…even though the answer is sort of found in your own words here.

CCP is a software developer.
At least some of us are not.
Expecting some of us to have a better understanding of software development than you have of us is unrealistic.

We have no ability to have a better look at the reality of the situation than CCP.
And we do not really know what is and is not possible with software.
All we know is that most enduring software companies do not seem to have big issues with splitting resources, and that CCP managed to get avatars moving in EVE.
If you fail the first times you do something, that does not mean it is impossible.

6 Likes

Guilty as charged… but you have to thank for Jenn_aSide too. Withouth his troll we’d be down about a 100 comments or so. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My biggest issue with EvE online, is not captains cabin, lol. I mean I got used to it, and its nice to have… but there is little impact to my quality of game with or without it. The problem, is something else. I just came back to the game after 5 years (after i saw it on steam); and a week later im already bored. PvE is as dead and uninteresting as it always was. Null sec, is not accessible ether, unless I want to go on a PvP incursion, which can be “fun” for lack of anything better to do; but otherwise, since i have no desire to be in any massive alliance, its useless space to me. So for all practical sense, there is only low sec and high sec, in the game, and not much fun to do in ether. Game has lore, has ships, has lots of places to visit, but no reason to visit any of them. Not really. There is no story content, to keep you entertained; no interaction with the game lore and NPCs, and PvP is same anywhere, get in a ship and go shoot until u kill or get killed… how many times doing same thing over and over again, is any fun? the game lucks, i donno, a soul, if you will. Adding or removing a useless feature, not gonna change anything in grand scheme of things. Im disappointed, im not entertained; even a 5 year brake from the game, didn’t change that.

5 Likes

I am going to be brutally honest here: it does not show in any ways. Sadly :frowning:

I am sure they are working. But on what I cannot tell. Maybe changing the rotation on one of the mugs that is in there.

7 Likes

I love how telling the truth is always construed as ‘trolling’ by people who don’t like the reality of a situation.

Many EVE players are IT professionals and know exactly what’s possible. I am not, but LOOK at the history. Look at how much they tried to do but could not do (avatar play, atmospheric flight, treaties, sectional damage, a meaningful link with other game like Dust, make a AAA non-EVE mmo etc etc etc).

If you go to a restaurant multiple times and order a streak every time and the steak is overcooked every time, how much confidence should one have in that place’s steak cooking capability? You don’t have to be a cook to know “man, those guys burn steak”.

I think the point is that WiS types are completely unrealistic about what CCP is capable of and what can be done with a game put together in a haphazard way like EVE was. And because of that inability to understand the situation, they are mad at a situation that they never should have had any faith in to begin with.

Adopting an attitude of “I will believe it when I see it” would make WiS types way happier when it comes to this kind of thing.

That’s a shame. Removing it doesn’t break the game but it added flavour and allowed me to feel more connected with my characters. It is a roleplaying game, after all. You can’t even see your character properly in the forum avatars anymore. I definitely won’t be spending any more money on cosmetic items.

CCP has the resources to maintain this small part of the game - they just can’t be bothered. Which, to me, says it all.

5 Likes

Oh my… it’s you, Solecist Project? :rofl:

2 Likes

Standard EULA boilerplate. It’s only there for use in extreme circumstances.

If a company gets in the habit of exercising it for spurious reasons then nobody will trust them and only the few who don’t care about the money will make the purchase.

1 Like

You mean you will PLEX your account instead of subscribe?

Yes. I’ve stacked up some considerable assets on my accounts… I guess it is time to use them up, I suppose. I am going to plex my account (have about 40 months of game time ready to be activated) - was waiting to start a fourth account but I just as well blow it on an oil rig fire and plex it.

Propably not going to spend more on this game and life of mine has already kind of moved on from EVE so I might just sell off my assets one by one until nothing is left. Exiting EVE in a silent fashion.

1 Like

Fun fact, CCP get more total money from your subbed account when it is done via PLEX than when it is done via subscription. They are essentially happy that you switch from sub to PLEX because money is money and they don’t care if it come out of your pocket instead of someone else’s pocket. You are telling us you are unhappy about the game and then ensuring more money will be funneled into CCP’s pocket. I hope you are happy about the actual result your “exit” from EVE will do to CCP.

1 Like

True.

If you don’t agree with CCPs decisions, the only way to show them they are wrong is to leave. If you play via PLEX bought in-game, someone else is paying for your subscription. If you continue as an Alpha, you are helping to maintain the amount of logins and active players.

CCP knows that “significant” more than the 3% would like to see more avatar related content. But as long as those people are still playing, even without it, why should they implement it?

I know it’s not easy to leave something that was for many years part of your life, but it won’t be better or easier to carry on being unhappy.

2 Likes

I am absolutely not happy. Haven’t been for a long time. The thing about plex is that they are not getting MY money. They’ll get someone else’s money.

But as I said for the time being they probably won’t get anything because I have a stack just waiting to be activated.
( I know I know, it was paid for but from my perspective it is not paid for it right now.)

2 Likes

Translation : I dislike what they are doing so as a protest, I will generate them more income just for the sake of not giving them my very own money because surely they give a damn about who’s money they actually get.

Possible reason:
They have to clean all the crap code from it regularly, so it looks like new every time you visit it. Lack of toilets may be one of the reasons. Pieces of crap code laying around and causing bad atmosphere. Thats why doors have to be closed at all times.

CCP stands for Cant Code Properly for a reason.

2 Likes

Translation: I don’t give a damn if they get more money or less… just that I’M not going to pay for it.

1 Like

People don’t seem to understand something:

As long as you keep logging in with the intent of interacting with others in any way or form, they don’t need to care at all.

3 Likes

Captain Quarters gone NBD, the ability to remove aged engines to allow for a 64 Bit compiled program to better enable our client side computer system to better handle EvE, especially in the larger fights! I SO look forward to! GJ CCP!

Sootsia

CEO
HISCB

1 Like

What a long, strange trip it’s been.

:electric_plug:

3 Likes