Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

Ohh old login screen, this brings back memories ! :wink:

1 Like

what’s making me so sad is that after buying frigates of eve book:
i really thouyght we would have WiS.
because sure we are capsuleer: aka we pilot the entire ship from one single capsule. (and not through a command center like EvE Online Clear Skies series would make you think. h

HOWEVER: the ship itself, (even frigate size ship when they are extremly limited) have common quarter (mainly at least a hangar bay)
https://crossingzebras.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/cutoutfrigatebookfanfest.jpg (taken from fanfest2017 on frigate of EVE book )

Also, i remember that the main argument of my friend to join EvE was the :
" EvE isn t just a game, its a UNIVERSE !"

• play EvE,
  • play dust (who will be replaced by project nova)
    (EveValkyry, ?)
    everything was interconnected. CQ was useless (as in terms of utility ) but it was the best way to enjoy “time up” aka: sit on the sofa, watch the “TV” while chating with corp member or checking market/contract.

But most of all: a sign of hope.
i was waiting for upgrade, sure WiS was the final form of it (as shown in EVE a Future vision),
but i was still hoping for 1st “small” improvement like for example TV shows² (o7) or a dynamic “the scope breaking news” (or rather the scope "bot"²²) who could, dynamically broadcast news base on player actions.

anyway there was so many ways to imrpove CQ. and giving this “improved dynamic news feed” about what si happening through the game is just an upgrade that would make CQ use by 75+% of the player.
the scope would actually be something other than a marketing tool from youtube…

² seriously i choke on my chocolate when i saw this video, https://youtu.be/ui7ZTlfNngc?t=14m13s i had to immediatly check if this was really happening (through mods or stuff like that) x)

²²i said bot so that it would not requiere to much work on CCP end to make constant news content. use a synth voice and you are good. It would just be a “voiced” news feed anyway, not a full news article or report (dynamically i mean, obviously the improvement would include be abble to see the scope’s youtube video be broadcasted IG once they are done)

6 Likes

It’s nice to see other people still interested in WiS ^^

this morning, while discussing with fellow capsuleers, we were a few to say that we would have loved to see more of WiS.
of course, many more were only raging about the whole thing, and we thought that we never hear people saying that it could be a positive thing in EvE. So i took my courage and posted a little thing on the forums ^^
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6995617#post6995617

It’s not actually on “keeping CQ”, I understand that it’s old, rusty and not manageable to improve. But I wanted a place to show that the “spirit” of WiS was still a good idea.

I didn’t knew this place, it’s a facebook group member who send me there.

Any way, @CCP_Falcon I’m glad to have stayed in CQ :3

fly safe o/

10 Likes

You can do it. You can put your own videos on CQ screen.

You can have for example picture of you watching CQ screen of you watching CQ screen of you watching CQ screen…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I dont know how are protesters today handling CCP money, when their revenue from EVE falls. In 2016 it was lower than in 2015. Money came from VR games sales and it probably wasnt impressive as much as they wanted. Future of EVE as a golden goose looks bad. If they dont react.

3 Likes

CCP as I am mostly a pvper. I am not sad to see the current CQ go. But lets be fair. If you wanna attract more players and have them more invested into the game. A small avatar based side play would be beneficial. And you could use it as a potential ISK sink.

Now if it comes back or not I personally do not care. But I do care about the game and I think avatar gameplay if done propperly and without much hassle. Could help newer players enjoy the game more

4 Likes

Did Autodesk’s discontinuation of HumanIK have anything to do with this? The announcements are within a day of each other

1 Like

I think no. But the game work on Granny 3D middleware

1 Like

If they didn’t cared, it would not be a deferred income on their balance sheet. But it’s ok, people can still be happy it’s not THEIR money while CCP laugh their way to the bank seeing customer unable to stop playing a game they keep saying they dislike. All the people who keep playing in such situation are essentially stuck in a sunk cost problem they don’t have the will to get out of.

2 Likes

Months of development time just to get it back to a clean state at the current level with 0 added feature is not a good investment.

1 Like

Only 2.8% of players use highsec incursions.

If 3% is the magic cutoff mark, can we finally remove highsec incursions that generate so much income for so few people actually playing them.

Thanks CCP. That’d be great and would make any people happy.

8 Likes

Well yes, this is why this “justification” stinks… I can understand them saying they need the dev time (but then: where is the effect of that in CQ?) but this 3% stuff… yeah. hmmm How many people do PI on a regular basis? Or FW? Or Incursions? … :smiley:

Oh, I know, that is “spaceships” so that is OK.

(Although PI , you’re next)

///sarcasm:off

5 Likes

and suicide ganking as a mechanic.

1 Like

The DEV time is not seen because it’s just upkeep to make sure it’s not crashing the game client and stuff like that which pretty much has to be done on a regular basis if you value stability in your code.

PI is relatively safe because if they scrap it, they have to replace it with something else because a lot of stuff is not built with PI ressources.

FW generate inter-player interaction unlike CQ so it will not get scrapped like CQ is.

Incursion is a beast of it’s own. The usage can’t be high since it’s limited in number across the universe but at the same time, you need CONCORD LP to come from somewhere to get the CONCORD items on the market so it would have to be replaced and not just scrapped.

I seems the ///sarsasm:off tag was ignored… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

well, it DOES miss the opening tag :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

oh you… but well, fair enough. I’ll add it

1 Like

@tasman_devil, sorry, old programmer habits ^^

1 Like

Return to the past :wink:
Capsuleer of the old generation:

Degradation :chillparrot:

7 Likes

Heh,

good point, first aid kits and fire sprinklers leap to mind.

m

1 Like