Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

Yeah, looks like the people willing to pay or play the spaceships only game just happen to be less and less as time passes. Specially since Rubicon and the beginning of the Rubicon Plan, 100% free of non-spaceships content and filled with fixes to broken stuff and everythign that (some) people claimed to want.

As would say an expert gently pointed by JennAside, most people claim to like their coffee “a dark, hearty roast” but then it turns that most people drink their coffee soft, milky and sweetened. As if a game about gang PvP and spaceships was actually being paid for by a majority of solo PvE players…

2 Likes

I agree that the most effective way to get the point across is to hit CCP in the revenue stream. That said going the OPM (other people’s money) route is a bigger threat than not.

Buying Omega via PLEX is getting to be an extremely isk expensive proposition and many folks are getting priced out of that market. The grind is getting to be a bit much even for those folks I know that had no problem in the past.

Ad-homs aside you’re right and that revolt was necessary because CCP pretty much abandoned the core game to focus on microtransactions. It’s a very common mistake that MMO operators have been making in the last few years.

Unfortunately the CQ feature really does need to be ripped out. I’m not excusing CCP at all, it was their neglect that caused all the issues. Maybe if they were straight with us I would have been less upset but blaming the players was just low.

Do I want to stop playing? Not really but I know myself well enough that losing the CQ is going to make my experience even more one dimensional. While I’ve terminated my renewals, my accounts are paid up through Oct and Nov. I’ll at least know if I can tolerate it not being there.

Now if they’d create a way to export the character models - specifically for use in another viewer - and the rumored Jabber integration becomes a reality that could mitigate a lot of hard feelings. I know I’d be less irritated.

1 Like

I think if someone would sell only one kind of covfefe in his shop, the audience would become pretty bored over time. You sometimes (3%?) want to get something different.

7 Likes

Covfefe could become WiSsese over time? :smiley:

1 Like

Not here I think. CCP doesnt even have any idea how covfefe works.

3 Likes

Regardless, your proclaimation that you are going to keep your cash and use plex is the same result. When you use plex that goes onto CCP blanace sheet as income. If you simply left without using the plex, you’d be screwing them over (at least their balance books) in perpetuity.

The point si that you don’t like something CCP has done and you reaction is to reward CCP for doing it.

It would be like if I didn’t like what Mcdonalds did so I stop using my money but 2 years ago I bought one of those “McGift cards” so I used that to pay for my food. It’s still taking money that was a liability for the company (the money on the card) and turning it into revenue on their accounting books. If I’d simply walked away from Mcdonalds without giving them my money AND without redeeming that mcgift card, that would make more sense.

What you do is up to you, but it’s still funny to see someone express their anger at something by rewarding the people who made that someone angry.

YOU started the topic. YOU started the derail with your statement that you would start using plex. Why are you complaining about the derail YOU started lol?

As for FiS, I’m giving you an example of how to properly express anger at a company. As you can see, we won, EVE is a spaceship game. Do you want to express impotent (and rewarding for CCP) anger, or do you want a company that doesn’t give you ‘sleezy’ excuses when they do something?

The truth is that CCP does these things because people like you allow it (and reward them for it).

But, it’s a unique covfefe! And CCP haves a proven record of being unable to deliver anything else!

Just give up and bend to the reality that this covfefe is the best and only CCP can deliver and if it’s not enough… so be it and let EVE die spitting covfefe in the face of death!

2 Likes

You are one handful… CCP already has the money (my money), they are NOT going to give it back. That some accountant is going to push it from one purse to the other is just a function because the end result is the same: I am not going to see that money either way. Get it?

1 Like

Your actions in game (in a player driven game) are also rewarding CCP for screwing you over. CCP sells a play ground, you playing on it give other kids something to do (which is what drives them to sub or plex, putting money into CCPs wallet), which is just as good as you handing them money.

I do understand that you aren’t going to get it and that’s ok, it’s your time to waste. Just want to be clear that you are rewarding someone for doing something you don’t like, which (and this is the main point here) is a common thing WiS players have done for years (ie CCP didn’t give them wis and said over and over they will focus on the core game which is spaceships, the WiS players kept playing anyway, proving to CCP that WiS players don’t really matter in the grand scheme).

That is the truth, unfortunately.
Therefore it doesn’t really matter what I do, so I am removing myself from the equation the way I see fit.

1 Like

Don’t believe the naysayers, they just want to… er… naysay…

These small withering comments intent on bursting the quantum bubbles of aspiration for all who dare to dream.

We will have walking in stations one day, and it will be glorious.

2 Likes

Yeah… probably Scam Citizen will have real WiS sooner than EVE… :confused:

3 Likes

Or we could set up something in Second Life. Ok, I hate myself now.

1 Like

But it doesn’t have to be that way, FiS advocates proved that.

I have mixed feelings on the issue. On the one hand I despise WiS fanatics (because i dislike unrealistic/fanatical people in real life who get mad at everyone else despite the fact that the problems lies in their own unrealistic/fanatical notions and desires). On the other hand I hate to see people who genuinely want something fail when they don’t have to.

WiS players always love to talk about how many people want WiS, they even suggest (as in this thread) that lack of WiS is some driver of declining subs. If all of that is true, why is it easier to quit (or gripe on a forum while not quitting) than it would be to organize like FiS people did and getting what you want?

Where are the WiS CSM candidates? Where are the WiS blogs and off site forums? Have any of you tried?

Or are WiS players actually a small and inconsequential fringe minority that doesn’t have the strength or will to see this through and really just like to complain about stuff?

Haha!
Second life… oh boy if you want WiS to be out of control, then really SL is the way to go… Wait till Markee Dragon enters the station with a 100ft Dragon avatar:

2 Likes

Has anybody claimed it’s a significant driver? My own speculation was that it might annoy enough folks that the annual 4-6 weeks it took to maintain would have to be written off instead of applied elsewhere.

Most of what I’ve read here is pointing out CCP’s abuse of metrics and expressing that it will have an effect on their own subs.

CCP really needs to stop trying to use metrics to blame the players for their decisions. In this case it probably caused more damage than had they just stuck with it’s holding back development and apologized for the necessity.

3 Likes

WiS CSM candidates… or CSM candidates in general, hehe

Stop it, get some help! :smiley:

The problem is that you still think in distinct and mutually exclusive groups “WiS vs FiS” . When in reality they are not.

Take me for example (since I cannot talk in the name of others):
I am a die-hard “WiS Fanatic” - your words, by the way- sitting in station all the time in my CQ doing… actually not much. (that is being the issue, actually)

When actually I fly, I shoot, I scoop and sometimes I explode (or at least some of my drones do, but who cares about Hobgoblins anyways?). I also would like to go up close personal and shoot some jackass toons in the face like here:

(2m18s mark)

So am I really that off the mark of EVE? :smiley:

2 Likes

THIS. Pretty much this.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is you have time to make long posts on a forum, time to link videos of animals laughing and such. Time to threaten to quit without quitting ("ima use my plex stash!!!).

But not enough time to organize, to get other people on board, to talk to CCP directly about WiS? You dismissed the CSM out of hand.

That was the entire point of calling you out on the plex thing. YOU (meaning people like you) are why EVE doesn’t have WiS. If people like you reacted the way we (FiS players) did, you’d have what you want.

And then you dodge by basically saying “well it’s not the feature removal, I’m annoyed at how they said it”. They (CCP) were right, people weren’t using the captains quarters and if WiS people wanted WiS they would have been telling people “be sure to have captains quarters enabled, CCP can see that and they will know so many people want ti”.

Showing CCP what we wanted with FiS was exactly why we both shot the monument and unsubbed.

It’s a lot like in real life, you tell protestors that if they really wanted what they say they want they’d spend their time doing things like registering people to vote, voting themselves, participating in various things rather than doing what they are actually doing which is smoking pot, listening to music and painting stupid protest signs…

Don’t you all love when Jenny replies?

So why don’t YOU organise people AND run for CSM ? Oh right because writing some forum posts and searching out YT videos (actually took less than a minute, since I already knew what I wanted to show) is just as much time and effort as running for CSM, managing and herding a group of cats (basically players). Yeah, right.

Just go and ask some of those with real CSM experience or someone running real, large organizations out there, how much time and effort is to really focus people together.

And you put that in paralell with writing a forum post for five minutes.

I have no more questions…

You didn’t called me out on anything. The very first post I made here featured the same argument as I have now: sad to see it go, angry aboout CCP pulling bogus reasons. Go ahead, scroll up, look for it.
(Post Nr. 133) First two or three lines…

1 Like