Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

Probably because CCP have released several new classes of structures which offer new opportunities, several new PvE opportunities, and have demonstrated where a lot of the other Dev time is going.
It is not minimal effort mode, it is a massive Dev workload with clear and obvious results.
Just because ‘You’ aren’t interested doesn’t make it any less workload.

Come on guys. EVE will never be the complete sci-fi simulator. CCP has massively scaled back he EVE project. Dust has gone from an open world shooter to a lobby shooter. The EVE tv series hasn’t been spoken about in years. The last Fanfest was almost devoid of announcements.

I think people get frustrated because they see the potential in The EVE universe but CCP doesn’t seem to share that belief.

3 Likes

GTA was designed around the multiple “play mode” from the get go and didn’t release a half-assed version of one of those like CCP had to do because development time was getting way too long. The transition between the modes is also kind of invisible while in EVE, it had to go through the docking/undocking procedure.

WiS was essentially a side game duct-taped to the main game.

What is interesting is that this duct-taped EVE still growed, now it falters when they remove the duct-tape and redesign everything, even removing some parts.

2 Likes

The growth after Incarna can easily be attributed to the fact CCP unfucked itself and started actually working on their core game and fixing stuff player had been asking for a long time instead of vampire RPG and station barbie doll.

So what happened with this core game fixing? Why it doesnt work anymore?

2 Likes

And the fact that logged in player numbers have been dipping for the past year or so is due to what since, in your opinion, CCP is doing such a bang up job and the game is in such an awesome place?

7 Likes

Well for years it grew and now they seem to be back in the place they had been before Incarna where they released new stuff and let it in a broken state. Fozzie SOV is still seen as cancer to play with but no news of change coming to change that. Structure release with stupidly long defensive timers not being addressed but instated made worse with more structure with the same core model being added to the game. Communication with the player base either non-existant or pants on head bad (280 mill tick / 1% of the 1% fiasco). There is more but I think you get the point.

It’s always “push to the next stuff” instead of getting things right before moving on to something else. It’s ok to add feature but make sure the player want to play with it before adding more. Else, you are stuck with a shitload of people unhappy for all different reasons and you can’t fix it all at the same time because you are just too damn small to pull it off.

2 Likes

CCP can change everything but one thing will not change for sure. EVE players will always complain. :joy:

6 Likes

So, if the reddit thread about this is true and you are still working on the character editor/creator, :CCPLS: can we finally get like, free reign on hair color, design our own poses and place lighting as we wish, instead of relying on frankly hideous predetermined settings?

7 Likes

This is just a lie. How can be the code for WiS old? What about the code for eve online wich was released waaaaaay more time ago? And stop listening to guys like “I have a potato PC, I don’t want improvements!”. Dear CCP, I am a new player, I enjoy eve online, and you always claim that “EVE Online is a social game”. Well, in space it is not. Sooner or later you will remove even the avatars. After all, you need just a ship, not a character. People don’t login in CQ just because of this lack of content. And don’t, just don’t promise again you will rebuild CQ from scratch. I play as an alpha character, because I am waiting for more content, but you are removing it. Those graphics improvements will mean nothing, in battle you will always zoom out. Why dont you remove titans, I mean there are very very few players using them, and the list can continue. (Planet harvesting for ex.) I just think this is a plan for making players forget forever about this. And please take into account that this is a pay to play game. Other games are just buy to play and have way more content. You should better rebuild the whole EVE Online. This way new players will come. My advice, remove CQ after you rebuild it. In fact, you said it needs too much time but you WILL indeed make one new(I mean :expressionless: yeah anyway). Develope safe!

1 Like

The CCP crowd shows how they can lead the industry in quitting on areas of the game their paying subscribers want because it was not what they planned. Getting rid of the CQ because they never had the balls to stand up to the anti-WIS crowd in null sec is cowardice supreme.

Okay you don’t listen to paying subscribers and instead open the game up for free play, but surprise surprise, not many still want to go to null sec and become cannon fodder for the bitter vet big alliances, even for free.

CCP please get a clue, develop the game where most of your paying subscribers choose to play, high sec.

Please do not trot out that “old code” excuse.

You have so many damn updates now it is often hard to play because the game is updating at the moment you had free time to log in, really smart.

When it comes to updates CCP is probably the biggest successful game that doesn’t have a notion of how they are screwing over the player experience.

The pre-launch lounge in DUST worked great for player interaction and squad formation, why can that not be adapted for EVE?

Because you are afraid to piss off the anti-WIS crowd, it is not a lack of technology, or a lack of modern code, just a lack of guts from the decision makers at CCP.

A very sad day indeed.

12 Likes

Sad that your words ring so true.

1 Like

If you unsubbed how are you still here posting?

Pants on fire much?

1 Like

Everyone can post. No need to be Omega.

Alphas can post just fine.

In any case, I think Jenn may have been referring to unsubbing during the 2011 Summer of Rage. Not now.

There is no need for summers of rage to lose subscribers it seems. All you need is core game fixing. :smirk:

2 Likes

CCP is the anti-WIS crowd. If they wanted we would already have modifiable quartiers for example, where we could take our profile pictures in our living room, with all our trophies in the background. - Cups for the tournament winners, corpses for the PVPers, bags of cash for the traders and a mountain of ore for the miners. Or just two little palm trees beside your TV.

I could understand if they take it out of the game to reimplement it after the 64-bit client is done. But at the moment they remove something I like in favour of something I don’t need.
My graphics are always on the lowest settings, I also have no problems with the performance of my 32-bit client on all of my 3 PCs.

So if you ask me about how to waste resources, this dev-blog is a good example.

Btw I never ever spotted a kill-mark on a ship in-game. Another good example for wasted resources in my opinion.

8 Likes

Engine effects, moving parts. Looks good when you zoom in, but in a fleet fight of 10 you’re going to zoom out so… could argue both ways there too.

2 Likes

In EVE we get the graphics the art team wants, not the ones we or the management want or would want. Incarnageddon was partially caused by underperforming artists who opposed doing avatar stuff when they had been hired to do spaceships.

Ever since Incarna, Art has had charte blanche to do as they please… Not the less, redesign all ships so the new art director leaves his footprint. Like, player owned Concord ships that look nothing like NPC Concord ships designed by That Guy Before… Or green and pink suns… Or citadel elevators.

1 Like

Wait, you’re saying that you don’t know the difference between 2017 and 2011?