Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

“People aren’t using this feature we’ve given up on and not maintained that well.”

In other news water is wet. Who knew?

22 Likes

Probably not. Character assets are still there and CQ environment is not that big itself (~600Mb or so).

1 Like

I guess that’s it for WiS. It was a nice dream whilst it lasted.

9 Likes
2 Likes

yes agreed it time so say goodbye to CQ but I would like to see a 64bit version and an update to the interface for your avatar… The customization of your avatar is outdated and needs a major overhaul!

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Come on CCP, now you are finally putting WiS out of its misery you can finally tell us what was behind that door?

6 Likes

Time players spend on customizing their avatars probably do not justify any update to the interface. :joy:

I am awaiting further removals, including remaining playerbase numbers that CCP cant justify to keep around with constantly failing, hamster powered servers. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

RIP CQ. Sad to see it go, for all that it didn’t work well across two monitors.

The tech explanation makes sense though. Still would be nice if something from Nova got integrated into Eve as CQ 2.0 though.

2 Likes

In the devblog:

So this was a good thing aside from WiS for many reasons, and required for any future WiS.

Good call CCP. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

What we didn’t know is that all our CQs were on the outside of the station, with the window facing the hangar. The door is the airlock!

WHOOSH

Wake in new clone

3 Likes

So, you retire the CQ, have no plans on making WIS available … and yet you keep selling clothing, for which the CQ is the only avenue to actually enjoy it? Sound logic and nice cash grab for useless items, now with even less utility than before because you can’t even walk around in them anymore.

16 Likes

A good example of selective memory here.

Somehow a game that was a much harsher pvp sandbox pre-2008 was “a game about lore and PVE” and the current EVE online (that has things like ‘safeties’ and pop up warnings for everything and ten times more PVe content that before is “all about PVP”.

3 Likes

I won’t miss CQ. It would be nice if you could replace it with outside view but don’t think it’s worth a lot of development effort. Definitely looking forward to 64 bit client - If CQ was blocking that technology upgrade you should have got rid of it years ago!

2 Likes

I was wondering just the other day when the Twitch integration would be retired. I’d be interested to see the metrics of its use outside the initial week or two after it launched. If only for a good laugh. :stuck_out_tongue:

But RIP CQ. You were an interesting bookmark in the history of EVE. Maybe some day we can have ambulation again, but I doubt it. At least not in EVE proper. How’s Project Nova coming along? :smirk:

3 Likes

It would not surprise me one bit if CCP eventually integrated Twitch Drops into The o7 Show. SKINs and clothing would be a perfect fit.

1 Like

TBH they couldn’t maintain an ingame jukebox OR an IGB where most of the leg work was done for them - we all knew that CQ had no chance.

4 Likes

@CCP_Falcon Can you see if it’s possible to troll the hell of WiS supporter by ghetto implementing an opening of the door to a wall with a “poster” that just say “WiS getting canned”?

Then CCP could totally say it did get the door to open.

Oh I like captain’s quarters. Ain’t crap to do and its a performance queen. It’d be nice if they’d do something with it, like letting us grab a shotgun and go after that twit who war dec’d yyou and then hid in the station.

3 Likes

You can still see your character in 3d.

I get it, well expained and all that. But it also saddens me to see the game diminish. Potential growth trimmed . Ah well. Truth be told I have not purposely been in CQ in over a year so I should not whine about parts of the game I do not play, right?

Only that logic can be hyperextended. I also have not been in wormholes in quite a while. Have never done faction warfare. If those start to show sub 10% play should the be trimmed? hmmmm

gotta love slippery slopes

m

18 Likes