Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

Would you be averse to walking around in space (and ‘on’ stations) as a giant hologram projected from a ship or deployable?

hmmm I’d have to say a NAY on that…

1 Like

Why leave your pod when you can project your consciousness as a 100km tall Space-God, lauding your power and might in a theatrical way over the lowly New Eden denizens.

Because that can’t replace the pleasures of a physical body. - Something that some like Caldari will never understand.

:two_hearts:

2 Likes

Basic physical intimacy can certainly be replaced by properly installed and maintained neural networks and haptic feedback systems. However, on the level of psychological intimacy the vulnerability for a capusleer of leaving a pod can carry tremendous weight in close relationships with other capusleers, civilians, autoteledildonic intermediaries, or fedo.

We as enhanced human communicators have the power to shape ourselves, our desires, and our destinies as long as we are willing to assume the reigns of an immensely difficult, but ultimately rewarding attribute of the human condition—the agency to change one’s thought by envisioning and creating experiences with particular others which recreate the self.

Whatever you do, don’t push the big red button.

2 Likes

No. That’s not possible and mentally unhealthy. It’s a game. When you identify with your character so much, that you think that staring at a screen of pixels and some text replaces physical contact, then you have real, actual problems and should talk to a doctor about it.

And i write this out of worries, not to diss you or anyone.

PS:

Part of the draw for a persistent multiplayer game, especially one with a well-developed backstory, is the idea that your character is a participant in their world

No. You are the participant. EVE ONLINE always was a roleplaying game where everyone was a roleplayer simply due to the nature of the game. Everyone has a role in society and plays it accordingly. There never was a need for an avatar, because it would’ve been redundant. You are the pilot in space. You are not your character.

I’m not talking about staring at a screen. I’m referring to overriding stimulus signals to the brain via the plug network we have installed along our spine. It’s quite simple these days to trick your brain to imagine that you feel a sensation. However it’s another matter entirely to contemplate the metaphysics of one’s ability to share in intimacy either from corporeal or transcendent form.

2 Likes

Capsule upgrades? :wink:

2 Likes

You are nor right. You forget about other player’s oppinion. Somebody likes role-playing stuff and WiS is a great opportunity for them. You can see only one side of a cookie, it is not smart.

1 Like

Yes. Vibrating Eggs, Warming Ectoplasmic Jelly, and plugs of all sizes from the Society of Conscious Thots product line.

2 Likes

You threw idea spaghetti at the wall to see if it would stick, and are now wondering why no one in your establishment went for a taste?

Then published nice pie charts showing how little your customers cared about the stain on the wall?
So when I ask for desert, will I get eggs, flour, butter, sugar and coco powder at my table?

phuck now I’m hungry licks wall

1 Like

The ironic thing about players proclaiming “Spaceships Only” mantra is that when even the most minor proposal towards improving the game or adding new features or expanding existing game content is brought up, they immediately oppose it with vitriolic scorn, hatred, dismissal and ridicule.

In truth they oppose any level of change to the game for fear that it will break or remove their advantage in exploiting any flaws or unbalanced game mechanics currently active in the game. They suffer from Stockholm Syndrome, constantly crying out to CCP “Don’t mess with it”. They would rather see the game remain unchanged for eternity and watch the log in numbers slowly dwindle away to nothing, all the while proclaiming that they have won and cleansed Eve of ‘The Enemy’.

In reality this game doesn’t need more Spaceships or more visual remakes of the same old stuff. Eve Online needs a massive addition of new and different gameplay content that will bring in new players and keep them around long enough to become addicted to the regular ‘Spaceships’ game.

The sad fact is the “Spaceships Only” players don’t realize that an influx of new players means more money for CCP to expand and improve the game, thus making the game even more enjoyable for “Spaceships Only” players as well.

DMC

15 Likes

I’ve deleted some particularly salty posts and the replies that went along with them. Please keep this topic for constructive discussion :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Here’s some excellent Captains Quarters FiS action.

:rofl:

Flying In Stations

DMC

8 Likes

As one of the three percent; It saddens me. It added unique flair to the videos I’d produce, even if it had no connection the larger game in general.

Glad you’re keeping ‘View Full Body’ options from the ‘show info’ window.

Hope to see something like this again.

7 Likes

The absolutely hilarious thing about getting rid of CQ and WiS more generally is that plenty of players at the time said it was a bad idea if no game play was included. No game play was ever included and the entire feature died. Shocking.

Dust is gone because they had no business trying to make a FPS part of EVE and it never made any sense and that was as close as they ever came to having avatar game play.

Now that they are no longer trying to develop Vampire MMO’s or bad FPS games maybe they can concentrate on just the one thing they actually have been successful at for 15 years.

VR? :joy:

6 Likes

BOOM, HEADSHOT!! :rofl:

2 Likes

And here some NiS :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Fun Fact: CCPs other game Dust514 also lacked any functioning doors.

I think people expect too much from CCP

2 Likes