Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

Ok, if you know so much about the future, and what the impact of adding additional game content to the loss of players (paid or not), then please let us share your prognosis, what would be if all changes since, let’s say 2014, would be reversed. Do you seriously believe in a return of the majority of the missing players or at least half of them?

1 Like

Waiting in Stations: the wait is over.

8 Likes

you could not post those screenshots, if you did not used the possibility of wis

1 Like

The problem is not what has been done, but what has NOT been done.

CCP has given too much to PvP and too few to PvE. Too much to groups and too few to solo. Too much to nullsec and too few to highsec. Too much time consuming content and too few timetight-friendly content. Too much new shiny and too few fun gameplay. Too much sorting of broken stuff and too few new and unbroken stuff.

They’ve managed to lose all who didn’t like what they did and all who needed something and didn’t got it.

I will not claim that doing the things differently would have saved PCU and the game. But certainly what has been done is directly responsible of where we are. Would we be safe if we had climbed to the mountains? Dunno. But we’re stuck in a effin desert now and this is CCP’s doing.

8 Likes

Desert = much of sand, but all sandcastles there are crumbling because there is no binding them water. The best sandcastles are build on a beach, where you can also do different things than build a sandcastle. Where you relax, sip a longdrink and take a swim in a sea. :relaxed:

2 Likes

They should make a new Future Vision. This one seems to be outdated. :slightly_frowning_face:
EVE - FOREVER? :worried:

2 Likes

Now you made me think of the travesty Gearbox turned Duke Nukem into.

2 Likes

Yeah, WTH, CCP removed the CQ?!

I liked it, for the immersion factor while AFK, and I assume, character building for newbros.

So why exactly will newbros be spending 2 hours getting their avatars right then, when they will never see it again? They should scrap the entire Character generation process as well, to save time, effort and future frustration. All you need is a tiny face for that little portrait up there, that’s all that remains now.

And oh oh, they didn’t remove any of the clothing and cosmetic stuff from the New Eden store. I guess CCP still want the money, not just do the work for it…

8 Likes

I’m kinda sad to see it go. I occasionally use it when I feel like going into “CEO Mode”, or when I’m doing non-shippy stuff like updating orders.

I guess that means more resources can be diverted towards SKINS and microtransactions.

I just get this nasty feeling that CCP has given up on Eve. Its plan is to retain the remaining EVE players and milk them for all they’re worth. Evelopedia, Jukebox, ingame browser, advanced sound settings, Dust 514, Captains Quarters… all gone. :frowning:

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure that CCP knows that they’ve been cornered into doing a stupid. So they just bite the bullet and keep doing the stupid because there’s nothing else they can do. See, if His Royal Highness The Most Excellent Art Director wanted to update WIS, you could bet that the company would do it, whether it took a year of time. But right now, EVE is a spaceships game and art direction is focused on removing everything done by the former art direction, either by updating it or by shooting it dead.

And all in all CCP no longer wants avatars in EVE. They can’t get rid of them because EVE needs some form of human face, but probably His Royal Highness The Most Excellent Art Director doesn’t haves a plan to change the portraits yet so this part remains untouched for the time being. At some point, CCP will be forced to do the final stupid about full body avatars and remove them and face the backlash of all the monetization they’ve made out of clothing items, but that’s not a bridge they need to cross at the moment. Maybe in a ocuple of years, or three years, but not now.

8 Likes

Surprisingly alot of truth to this. An unfortunate decision based on business and they can’t undo parts of the code in their own game. :pensive:

I’m sitting in a hot tub irl. Wish there was hot tubs for WiS :joy:

4 Likes

To be honest, I have been roleplaying in hot tub once in EVE. But that is a secret what happened. :sushing_face:

2 Likes

Oooo!

2 Likes

Some things that happened between Yiole and Random at the Greater Fool Bar also will remain a secret… :wink:

The funny thing with chat channels is that they’re not PG-13 as they’re explicitly not covered by parental ratings.

3 Likes

What if your avatar sits in the hot tub so long it could have spaceship effects? Like that one time I took a bad Standard Exile Booster (for science) and I had to hang out on my couch for a half hour

I’m gonna have trouble getting out of this hot tub

2 Likes

Many people have trouble getting out of warm, humid places.

3 Likes

Yeah… Oh, and can I get my money back please, for the cosmetic stuff I bought?

3 Likes

My capsule goo is heated. Does that count as a hot tub?

4 Likes

I stopped playing (for now). I just can’t get into it. Maybe I’ll let my sub run out.

2 Likes

719 replies, 296 unique responses. Yep, I counted. The single most commented on dev blog on these new forums, over 150 more posts than on the moon mining thread, and actually 3rd most commented on the whole forum, only behind “like and get likes” and “Strategic Cruisers - July Release” thread.

I think this should tell people something - that many people were really attached to their avatars.

11 Likes