Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

umm that one is easy. money? not sure how much, but some

“Compiling a 64-bit client has been held back by the outdated middleware that was needed by captain’s quarters.”

Ok. Guys, they didnt develop the backbone code of eve because of the ozone hole.

4 Likes

But… but EVE is even older than CQ was. Its even programmed in “old Python”.

1 Like

Exactly what i meant in my troll reply

2 Likes

hehe, that is a good one… Here is another one:
“they wanted to wait with the implementation till the sun is blocked out by the moon over the US” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

US and US ONLY! why? Because if it happened over anyother place too, then they cant implement their super secret plan!!

Now that the Captain’s Quarters is gone - can CCP finally tell us what was supposed to be behind the door?

2 Likes

A hallway and another door.

3 Likes

yes, that is the jab in it…

computer science fiction

Yeah, it triggers people faster. :slight_smile:

On the subject of 64Bit… I actually am curious as to what improvements a 64 Bit client would bring.

Other than, you know, actually consuming more memory and locking out people with 32Bit Operating Systems.

(To be fair, in 2017, I don’t know who uses 32Bit OS anyways, but still)

4 Likes

Eve players are notoriously against upgrading their systems, 3.2% were still using Windows XP just last year.

1 Like

3,2% … heh… CCP really likes to cut around this mark now, don’t they!?

3,2% XP users

3% Captains Quarters users

What else do we have at or around 3%? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Severely limited audio options was another “not enough people use them” analysis failure.

“260m ticks” was an abuse of outlier data.

Somebody mentioned that CCP stated they weren’t interested in developing more group PVE due to how few people run Incursions.

The art of interpreting metrics starts at noticing low usage. It should never ever end there. You must answer the question “why?” long before you declare something useless.

Anecdote time!

Back in the day I used to work in the field support engineering organization for a large US telecom company. Our customers demanded that we (and their other providers) supply ticket response metrics. After getting beat up for a couple months for slower than expected times one of our regions started reporting instantaneous response times.

Once we dug into it we found out they’d immediately route it to an FSE who would tell them their ticket is in progress and end the call. Literally immediate but certainly not the real measuire of what the customer wanted.

7 Likes

Gonna leave this here as an addendum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mlVuLs_Nw&t=27s

4 Likes

Anything that need 25+ jumps or wait 1-2hr is a major deterrent. At least for me, I can only play 1-2 hr here and there, occasionally 3hrs.

3 Likes

Hehe, that is a good one.

But yes, you are right about the metrics and the way they spinmaster9000’ed this metric with the CQ russled more of my feathers than I would like to admit too.

6 Likes

I’ve been away from EVE for about a month and when I come back I see that the CQ is has been removed and I’m left floating in the hangar. I know the avatar did nothing and was pretty much a dress-up doll (which I actually liked). But it did give some players a better connection to their characters and to the game. Now that’s all gone :cry:

The game just feels colder and less user friendly without it. If CCP ever decides to bring them back, then perhaps I’ll come back to the game. Until then, I’m going to have to say goodbye :cry:

12 Likes

Obligatory “Can I have your stuff?” post.

Because, given their past track record, CQ will never come back.

1 Like

Can I have your stuff?

(sad to see you go, I too enjoyed CQ)

3 Likes