Devblog: Skills On Demand - Changes Coming To The Skill System!

If skill books are so hard to get, why do I have more than I can get rid of in storage? Because I undock and play the game. You can get them free if you undock and play. Meh…

1 Like

lol you wish

Spam removed.

2 Likes

The spam just keeps on coming… where are the eggs!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Hello! I’m completely against that! I was surprised and confused, how a skillbook was purchased instantly without bids on a station?!? I really spend a lot of time to search an info about a change. I think you shold POINT a new players to a market with explanation where to buy it. It’s giving a bad thing to a game, which was a game with their own playing style. Where we GOT to do something to earn something. It’sa rules. I remember, when starting to play in 2011, I warping for a skillbooks while listen to a early Yanni’s music. That was exciting part of a game- to reach a target! Now I can see more and more items and goods “froom out of nowhere” which I, personly, don’t like at all. And a daily prizes too. It’s weird for a mechanics. EVE always was a special game, with real trading laws. I consider, you remove it and make a wise decision to point a new players where to fly. Much more, giving a daily bonuses to newcomers, but not me tho. I feel like it’s not supose to be here. Thank you!

1 Like

Exactly. That’s an ISK leak. I liked a charm to fly for a skillbooks, when i was started. IDK, why people like the magic more than play by a rules. I don’t. Maybe if it was some kind of a delivery, with a time to wait. But the book- it’s an information, which can be downloaded eather. Maybe a time for downloading a skillbook. Or if it’s instant, then it may be learning slower. Anyways it’s broke a game mechanics, just like it is now.

You can still buy books at the stations. For a discount.

1 Like

Skill books always came from nowhere as an NPC good. So there is no change there, you are getting upset over nothing.

1 Like

Already bought skills on 700KK yesterday, within 10 minutes. Just because I need to think and search less. I don’t need it, but I did it, cause it’s simple to do now.

Maybe because people don’t want to waste time flying around and wasting hours of their lives trying to find NPC seeded skills for basic things when they just want to learn it and move on?

Congrats that you like to waste time. Not everyone else does. Hope that helps.

I mean boosters and stuff like that, just magically appears. I liked the unique “hardcoreness” of a game back in 2011, when PLEX was 300KK and I got to figure out the rules, now I see the rules has changed in more casual way, but to earn money for project. That’s not bad. It’s the matter of circumstances. I can understand that, but personally don’t like that kind of changes. I like a stable fundamental universe. Got that feeling from the day, Aurum was implemented. It’s my own rare preference. Thank you all for your opinions!

1 Like

That was a feature of the game for which it was respected as unusual realistic idea. Of course if most of players want to be like that, why not. But i feel like it’s wrong.

1 Like

I can order just about any book in the world I want and download it to my phone in ten seconds.

Yet we are expected to believe that in the 30,000th century, when capsuleers are functionally immortal, they have to hop in their car and head to a bookstore to buy a book? Really?

It may have made sense in 2003. It doesn’t anymore. It was a great change that almost everybody (except some returning vets, apparently) likes.

4 Likes

To be frank, it is not “books” per se, it is memory banks ready to be downloaded directly into your brain.

Consider it an improvement in network throughput, making process of transferring big amounts of data over the wire practical in reasonable timeframe, even if costly.

2 Likes

This. Skillbooks are not books, just like anteaters are not aters.

1 Like

Except you’re missing the main point. Buying the books directly from CCP via Character sheet removes the need to undock, thus no more player interaction. And the skills cost more when buying them like that.

Also not everybody orders books and downloads it to their phone, I use my phone to make calls and text other people, sometimes google info and map directions, that’s it. If I want to play a game or read a book, I definitely won’t use my phone for that.

2 Likes

The ■■■■ ? Since when does a need to undock implies interaction ?

I mostly don’t use this feature, for the sole reason that buying each skillbook 10 times becomes a bit expensive when you have graviton in jita @9M, and 19.5M from direct purchase (lol). So just for 10 toons it’s +100M for ONE skill. And no, no interaction with people when buying the skills.

Still it’s a good thing to have it available.

Really?

It’s constantly posted here in the forums, undocking is consent to PvP which is what I meant by Player interaction.

:thinking: Maybe I should have said Player v Player interaction.

2 Likes

And this does not answer my question.

undocking for a skillbook does not imply interaction. So the skillbooks and interactions hare not related. Therefore, there was no loss at all with that change.

If it was not you, I would have thought it was a joke because it’s jut absurd.

Your reasoning is absurd.

Undocking from station for whatever reason allows PvP interaction to happen. Buying skillbooks from CCP via the character sheet removes that aspect of the game.

4 Likes