[Diaspora] Medical Centers for Intaki (or you)

Responding to the actions of the Onikanabo Brigade and Lai Dai on Intaki Prime is a challenge in the absence of viable targets in orbit and without the capacity (or, frankly, the appetite) to field ground troops. Being mindful of feedback received on these boards over the last few weeks, we have identified the following criteria:

• to apply pressure to Lai Dai’s decision-making, without creating a loss of face;

• to mitigate the effects of Onikanabo’s raiding;

• to derive a long term benefit for Intaki from its recent adversity; and

• to channel the goodwill of sympathetic bystanders in a constructive fashion.

With these goals in mind, CHTAR and OLDHR have (in consultation with the Diaspora) developed a system for the construction of medical centers that are both Upwell-compatible and can be adapted for surface installation at the monasteries which were raided and elsewhere. We are pleased to announce that the final production sequence on an initial consignment of 29 medical centers is now 50% complete. To put this into perspective, today there are public sell orders for only 68 units listed across New Eden.

While we appreciate that the figure of 68 represents only the tip of a much larger private market, we expect that our production nonetheless represents an opportunity to capture significant market share from Lai Dai. We would, therefore, like to offer sympathetic parties the opportunity to purchase these medical centers at a 10% discount to Lai Dai’s listed selling price.

We would encourage buyers to consider donating these centers to the Intaki Prime Relief Effort, which will ensure that they are deployed to restore the monasteries affected and in other appropriate community locations. That said, the options of using the centers for your own projects or reselling them yourself for a handsome profit are perfectly acceptable to us, as 100% of our revenues will be reinvested in the ongoing development of a local medical research and manufacturing industry.

In the interest of transparency, Lai Dai’s publicly listed selling price is 50,650,000 ISK. We have worked hard to maximise efficiency on this project and so are in a position to undercut this at 45,000,000 ISK while making a very modest sub-market return on capital (in contrast to the public weighted average price of 80 million ISK).

Finally, I would like to emphasise that the complex cross-border supply and manufacturing chain developed for this project is an example of what can be achieved when the material and human resources of Viriette and the Syndicate are combined. We will continue to work to make this a less isolated example, for the benefit of all our neighbours and compatriots.

Please let us know below if you are interested in purchasing one of these medical centers and/or contributing to future projects in the same vein. If there is sufficient interest, we would hope to host a reception (possibly with an exhibition of paintings from the Reticular School, not for sale!) in the coming weeks to say thank you for any support.

[[Art credit: A-Cermak]]

15 Likes

OLDHR is proud of its work alongside CHTAR and the Intaki Prime Relief Effort, under the auspices of The Intaki Diaspora. Only good can come out of these associations, for Intaki and beyond, and for them we are grateful.

5 Likes

Please forgive my ignorance, but I fail to see how a medical center is very useful when it comes to restoring monasteries. Are these monasteries organic structures?

The most important part of a monastery are the people who inhabit or visit it.

4 Likes

It was reported in late July that Lai Dai Protection Service forces were raiding monasteries and medical facilities on Intaki Prime.

3 Likes

It was subsequently confirmed by the Galactic Hour report on 1 August that the LDPS and OB forces were targeting “Ida monasteries and attached research centers”.

4 Likes

S-II wouldn’t mind buying 2 of these centers and donate of them to whatever facilities on Intaki that should need it. As for the other one I will have personal get it within the following week.

As a side note, should you need a partner in this endeavor S-II would be willing to opt into a partnership offering our engineering and robotics skills

2 Likes

Thank you @Maira_Blackfire. OLDHR will be in touch with S-II to explore incorporating your engineering and robotics production into the value chain for this project.

Intaki does not need medical centers. It needs Three Color Paintings to become Four Color Paintings.

Mr. Nauplius, as a byproduct of this project we’re now involved in the TCMC trade. Maybe you’d like to have one implanted on yourself? We can arrange the procedure at one our state-of-the-art medical centers. Just let us know.

Isn’t there a minimum size necessary for a brain to be TCMC’d? It’s gotta be at least bigger than the TCMC, right? Nauplis almost definitely falls short of that mark.

You can tell by how he has three or four things max at a time that he obsesses over. The Three Color Paintings being one of those things at the moment.

5 Likes

I don’t know how reputable these signatories of the daridas are, but if S-II is offering a partnership then I know Blackfire has done her research. I’ve under-utilized planetary divisions at current. That in mind, I’ll offer my personal expertise as long as S-II is involved.

3 Likes

Sri Nomistrav,

You damn with faint praise. I am not one to reject an offer to help. Nevertheless, since you make your involvement conditional on that of S-II, I hope you won’t mind if I liaise with @Maira_Blackfire about the details of your own contribution, and let her chase you to fulfil any commitments she may make to the CHTAR/OLDHR joint venture on your behalf.

Namas,

Valerie Vynneve
Toxic Avenger
Dusk of the Old Horizon

1 Like

I’m sure she’s used to it by now.

Nomistrav I’ll be in contact within the next few days as I have to finish up a few things first

2 Likes

I would be glad to purchase a medical center to donate back to Intaki Prime. Please send me a contract or other details by mail.

Dr. Astaire Quatrevaux has asked me to express in tandem that Viavant would like to purchase and donate one as well. If you prefer, you may ask him about it directly once he returns to space; he is unreachable by comms at the moment.

4 Likes

That sounds great!
We will aquire 3 Facilities. 2 to donate and one for personal use.

4 Likes

I am pleased to confirm that the production of these medical centers was completed at the ISP’s assembly plant in Poitot earlier this week. We have donated one to a particularly worthy cause in the area and transported the rest to Astral Mining’s refinery station in Intaki.

Thank you to all those who have expressed an interest above. Contracts have been made out for the appropriate number of units each.

Should any of you wish to move these units, please make out a courier contract (no collateral no charge) to CHTAR specifying the destination.

Should you wish to donate any of these facilities to the Intaki Prime Relief Effort, please liaise with @Bataav. He is best placed to ensure that they are deployed appropriately and can arrange site inspections by interested donors.

We still have 21 available! Please get in touch if you would like to take one (or more!).

To reiterate, donation of these facilities is welcome but not expected. This project is about building local industrial capacity and cross-border trade. Our initial production run is priced at cost and so presents buyers with an excellent opportunity to either trade for a substantial profit or acquire Upwell compatible facilities at a cluster-beating price for their own uses.

4 Likes

Is this offer still valid? If so, will gladly buy one & direct it to a useful cause.

2 Likes

The offer stands until all remaining 21 are sold so we can happily make out a contract, thank you. Should the SoE Roughriders be the counterparty, per my suggestion elsewhere?