Seems you’ve decided EvE is worth the increase as is. With the most recent conduit jump and remote compression tech I am inclined to agree however, I would like to see some evidence that regular infusion of fresh game play vs recycled seasonal content is in committed development.
While I agree that rate hikes aren’t typically a good business strategy when no real value (To an individual subscribers opinion) has been added to justify it, I wouldn’t go so far as to say having less subscribers translates into being less likely to attract new ones.
And your right in your opinion that they may simply be trying to reap as much as possible from the base. It’s as valid a theory as mine was. Unfortunately I have not been invited to any of the planning meetings or seen the minutes of them to be able to say what their plan is (Fanfest sounds like more of an advertising item). Whatever the actual reasoning is though the bean counters have probably determined that the increase is sustainable. I am curious about the middle of the month implementation as you typically see this on the first day of the month.
BTW, thank you for the little nugget about the 3 months sales that pop-up. I’ll have to keep an eye out. I do enjoy the game a bit (reminds me somewhat of Wing Commander: Privateer) but since I am about 19 years late to the party I guess I will have to wait for an Eve 2. lol
Maybe we get free coffee now?
and avocado toast..
i’m waiting for the fanfest keynote before i say anything on this.
Everybody should sit sipping Starbucks and eating avocado toast, just to troll CCP at fanfest…
how would biting on an ISD trolling someone in the discord be trolling CCP?
Advocado ain’t even expensive these days.
60$ for 4 accounts was a bit much but i really loved the game and just didnt want to be stuck doing only one thing at a time. however to make the price more than most main stream games today is crazy. and now spending 80$ just to be able to see characters continue to grow. is to much sry CCP it was fun while it lasted. very disappointing
I can afford to resub one account but I will wait after Fanfest to see if I resub my other 2. So for myself and the other future whales who obtain ISK largely through purchasing PLEX, I hope your announcements really exceed expectations. But this price increase cannot be justified with just inflation, because we know that the New Eden store makes as much if not more money than subscriptions, which more than makes up for it. I think it’s mainly due to the fact that you lost the Russian players, although that’s just me speculating.
My uninformed advice for monetization? Release better looking SKINS that we want to buy. There are a few good ones, but many really ugly ones with colors that don’t match. Make more with designs like Star Captain and HeadHunter, or with effects like Interstellar Convergence. And consider making them tradable and not locked to an account. I am more likely to get a limited edition SKIN if I know I can sell it for ISK later.
I love this game and want to see it thrive, and even though I take many breaks, I always come back.
Best of luck to the team. I truly, sincerely hope you can make “Eve Forever” a reality.
Eve “forever” can only happen via collectable items that have a lifespan beyond the server power plug.
Oh lord, that had me rolling
![]()
I bet it’s law related
another point why no one should just swallow it imo is:
if eve will succeed with a 34% hike, it will signal to every other game that such steep increses are ok and everyone who was thinking about a 1$ increse (couse for them lets say that would have been enought) would follow and take a 4-5$ increse.
Like, what signal it would have been after netflixe raises their subs if no one would complain about it or no ppl would jump off? just think about it.
Other games have less reliance on multi-accounting. Other games have lush landscapes and role playing. Other games expand their worlds. The market prices are going to go up, subscriptions on luxuries are going to plumet. People will be looking for food in a few months. People will be watching their stocks plumet. They will be lucky to keep paying for internet.
Its very frustrating that a ancient game that no longer really puts out new or unique content and is already wallet heavy and multi account heavy would make such a change. im curious to see if anything new comes with this price hike? free plex and or skins maybe? ive got a year already paid for and i was planning to get my alts going again in the summer but i think it may be time to find a new game if $20 a month is going to be the monthly fee required to play a game as old as Runescape. =/
Yes this is true. Eve has the advantage that most of their world is empty space. I thought that by now that mission runners and explorers would have a plethora of new landmarks to feast their eyes on. But it’s still mostly the same.
I started a new account just to see the NPE and was honestly surprised by how cool the intro missions felt. The visuals, the voicelines, the atmosphere. I can imagine a new player would find the rest of the game incredibly dull after that crazy introduction. The abyssal sites look decent too, tbh.
And then they slam into EVE… yeah.
I will definitely be killed here… HAHHAHAHA…
Kudos to CCP for being brave and patient enough in increasing the price which is to me very much valid in their prespective. I agree with their decision and will definitely continue to resub to support. I think I am one of the least player who subbed via money, not from game generated isk like mining or PVE. Since I now only play 1 or 2 hours a day, so unable to make isk ingame to pay my omega account, so I have to pay cash. In CCP prespective, they also need to survive to support this game in terms of hardware utilised and also pay the game designer themselves. Most hardcore player resub via the many money making isk available ingame.
Main issue with the games is bots.
To control this,
. Last time they use blackout, a huge success to control bots… but then people start to complain. So they remove that.
. Then they introduce buying mining ship via real money. Which to me, I am really happy about since at last CCP now play the bots game, to counter bots. Most of the ingame bots, whether you agree or not is to collect wealth ingame ISK. Why people do this ? RMT, manipulate and control player market, wage huge wars etc. If CCP start to introduce ship that can be bought using real money, sooner or later, people will definitely buy from CCP since their price is fixed somewhat, while the ingame player market fluctuate and can be manipulate ingame. So if people don’t build ships anymore since now ships can be bought straight from CCP, then the player market will crashed as nobody buy ships from the ingame. RMT also will suffer since rather then peole buying from them, people will buy directly form a legitimate source ie. direct from CCP. So a good way to bring down the bots threat. CCP already trust the player by allowing player to control the marker, this is already a godsend. We should be thankful for this, which other online game allow player to control the market ? To me, CCP is saying, they can play the bots game, see how the bots user feels then. The botters already making huge profit and subbed indefinitely using their ill-gotten wealth.
. so come the third challenging changes in subbing cost. To me given that eveonline has been stable for many many years, and successfully at that, is one of the cheapest online game. Look at star citizen price, though with the high price it still really popular. They need to make profit as well you know. If bots, RMT etc is not controlled for sure in the end, no more real money income from player, and in that case, I think eve online will definitely die as, how does CCP maintain the hardware cost and people salary if nobody pay cash since, if bots allowed to thrive, people will maintain wealth through ingame isk making 24/7.
Since people complains and run riot to those first 2 events and also am fairly sure, people will start to riot again to blame CCP. I really love this game and will continue to support ccp (though I am writing this using my least use alpha account, as definitely I will be trolled to death … :P)… hahaha.
If you really love this game, you will defintely support it, to me the price is reasonable due to it’s complexity, beautifulness, reliability, stability and with lots of contents, you will never find those in other games. With it years of services and matured enough for all kind of players, it’s the perfect game for everyone. CCP doesn’t force people to pay, there is enough contents for alpha players, so rather than make noise, use the rage to kills the bots, help CCP to fights them.
Go CCP GO… yeah

