[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

It’s the tax added to bump the price. Since you used that example.

Wait until they slap a digital online services tax for gaming once they start looking for more tax revenues having wasted the last bunch.

Whose problem it is wasn’t the issue. I was responding to your ‘solution’ to the problem.

5:20 PM EST and the game barely breaks 22k players at once, on a sunday afternoon. Truly is depressing times.

2 Likes

And yet you are here bitching and whining like a little spoiled entitled child about other people bitching and whining. Bruh moment

4 Likes

Sure sport. Whatever you want to think.

Mother’s day here in US. But there are fewer players, for sure.

2 Likes

In about 6 months other games will raise their prices and make Eve the cheapest again…

Who will be complaining then?

I wonder how much will the ISK price for PLEX rise

Track PLEX price here A4E - PLEX - Market details

4m…6m is possible.

Remember though PLEX is not finite.

1 Like

Goodness Id give up running incursions at 4-6mil plex. I survived the period where it was 4mil per plex it was like in 2019? Omega ballooned to 2.7billion. Indeed a scary thought for us plexers in EVE…

Now they are going to get ride of the Skill attributes and you will only skill when logged in
that’s a real sign of failure

You get ZERO benefit from partially trained skills. You only get benefit from the skill once completed to the appropriate SP applied.

Also other MMO’s typically do not have a background SP drop like Eve has, those other MMO’s also keep the bonus item timer only counting down when you’re logged in active. Those other MMO’s only reward SP (XP) for activites in the game world, not sitting doing nothing.

I see absolutely no reason why idle/logged out players should be rewarded for not playing the game, it also is bad that it encourages character farming.

What is a sign of failure, is the amount of accounts a player wants to play a game.

With change, some people will opt to leave, I think that’s expected.

1 Like

^want to get rid of your active duty military players…great way to do that right here.

Its also incentive to stay subscribed to Omega. I had 5 accounts active for about 4-5 years before Alpha was a thing. Its one of the key benefits of the now $20 per account.

4 Likes

Eve wasnt EVER cheap compared to the market… .so… the cheapest AGAIN? good joke.
Eve was always on the top end if it comes to cost/month.
But sure, maybe all other will at least double their prices and than maybe eve will be average or even below average price for the first time since release… we will see.

Yea okay retard. Dont tell the devs they are doing a ■■■■ job, because that makes a whole lot of sense. Do you breathe out of your ass the same way you talk through it?

He keeps flagging my posts. Hes definately an isd alt :joy: heavy handed report and delete button am-I-rite

Where did you see that? I did not hear that on either days fanfest presentations.

Another way to easily do this would be ads in stations you already have billboards. Put ads that play in the stations you dock in. If you don’t want to hear it mute the ingame sound. you could also put ads randomly in space on billboards. Monetizing can go a long way depending on how you do it. I have no trouble with the price increase but there are other ways that you could go to not hike the price that high in my opinion.

1 Like

I am paying for Eve Online since 2008 and honestly, I had a great time.
I understand that companies increase the price, but people expect a related value. Should I pay 30% more for a subscription or not?

• The launcher does not start on my machine anymore. (I am sure it is solvable)
  • I watched a short version of the keynote, but I could not find anything that makes me excited about the future.
  • If a company decides to raise the price to top tear level, I expect top tear quality and top tier content.
  • We have new graphics, new ships, and new rooms of space like wormholes and pockets, but that is nothing new.
  • Planetary Interaction was something brand new.
  • I joined because of “Walking in Station”. Now, one of the main competitors of Eve is doing it and it works.

If I pay one of the highest fees, it has to be top-notch with cool and innovative features.
Sadly, I do not see innovative features and during the last years, there was not much in this direction either.
For the old price, I am sure I would have extended my time, but I will not do it. Maybe I will come back if I see innovative features that match the price.

I understand a typical product cycle, so I do not expect a new innovative phase, but if you do, please send me a mail and I will be back.

12 Likes

What do you base this on? Game Magzine article, report, crystal ball or rectal exctraction?

It is true what you said last December 2021 on Broadcast 4 Reps.

We play Eve Online because we love it.