[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

We live in a fluid and dynamic world. CCP has made it clear at this fanfest that they will be doing lore releases and being more ambiguous than ever. The empires are vastly bigger and stronger than us. This is really what sets EVE apart from Star Trek Online for example. As STO just focuses on just releasing new gear and chapters every so often. EVE to me is more of a grand event scale type of game. With that brings some of the changes that not everyone agrees with.

I have come to appreciate this aspect of EVE and I try (EMPHASIS ON TRY) not to look at each PVE activity as its own ā€œrideā€ in an amusement park somewhat to what STO is currently. Some people just donā€™t appreciate the storytelling/lore of this.

Itā€™s a mindset really, I am a newer EVE player in respect to the history, so I am more open to everything. Some players are just older and more fed up with what they see around. I do agree it is a strong consideration if people want to be here for 2 years or so whether actively playing or literally training skills.

These price changes are a horrible idea. :frowning:

3 Likes

Not anymore for meā€¦

When did CCPs words ever followed action except for finances?

Since starting EVE in 2008, there have been many changes. I have certain physical handicaps which make me a poor PvP player. I have always been aware that Eve is primarily a PvP game, but as a PvE player I did feel welcome. Over the years I have witnessed all kinds of nerfs to the play style I enjoyed very much.

Needle by needle the camel was stressed. The enjoyment has steadily decreased. I no longer feel the value perceived is worth the cost.

I have 4 accounts, currently 3 Alpha 1 Omega. Mostly I subscribe my main, and sometimes subscribe one additional account. The annual sub on my main expires in September and renewal has been cancelled. Though I have limited retirement income, I can afford to pay $40.00 for 2 subs, month by month, or pony up for an annual sub or even 2 annuals.

Point is, my limitations combined with the constant nerfs to my play style no longer return entertainment value. So I will check in from time to time, CCP might make changes in the future I like.

The last few research projects are winding down, then Iā€™ll take a vacation from Eve and spend more time in EQ, Wow, OOTP Baseball, Scourge of war Waterloo, you get the Idea.

8 Likes

My question is why would you want to pay for a year or 2 when they change the game drastically so often. Iā€™m very much in the same boat as you are, but after some of the changes in the last 2 years have pushed me away from the game and to pay more when you enjoy less idk

So, the Q1 #s are out.

If you look on P6, EVEā€™s #s appear to have held more or less steady, with only a tiny loss from 18.4 billion Won to 18.2 billion Won. (The decimals are missing, but previous presentations make it clear.) The good news for CCP is that thatā€™s up from 17.6b KRW from Q1 2021, so an increase of 3.4% year-over-year.

However, as Noizy points outā€¦ thatā€™s in Won. In Dollarsā€¦ Iā€™ll let him tell it.

Overall, I strongly suggest reading his entire post about the call. He does this every quarter, and itā€™s always good , solid analysis.

1 Like

Pearl Abyss has reached -80% retracement after the parabolic euphoric rise.

I guess they bought into that during the ā€œlockdown maniaā€ into online company services.

Still room to fall.

Figure 1: Pearl Abyss monthly data points

1 Like

Theyā€™re also still waiting on the release of Crimson Desert, and in kind of a holding pattern until then. The Chinese launch of BDOā€¦ kinda flopped.

Sell into the next pump then, it bottoms out after that and that will take a longer time to recover back above the mean unless a unicorn appears that craps gold. Bottoms take much longer to form than a top.

This definitely isnā€™t going to work at all. Mass cancellations incoming. You guys got a way to monetize from Alpha clones directly? Otherwise this change is an absolute disaster for CCP.
Layoffs incoming, will check again in six months.

They do actually, itā€™s called daily alpha injector

1 Like

So, house of cards scenario?

addiction is real, aint nobody goin anywhere bruh

4 Likes

Addiction or not. Too lateā€¦

1 Like

Yea.

But is EVE an addiction or a compulsion?

Guess CCP is betting the house to find out.

1 Like

Ok.

But companies really, really like RMR (Reoccurring Monthly Revenue), which a subscription is.

RMR gives your valuations credence. Like a majority of your expenses, it is cash that you can expect to come in every month to offset the $ flowing out.

Alpha injectors are point sales. Fickle and mercurial. Iā€™m willing to bet that CCP put them in as a gateway to Omega or as a way to monetize whales or people that wonā€™t subscribe to ANYTHING.

But as a point sale, they donā€™t pump valuations and are really hard to count in when you go to the bank for a loan or capital line of credit.

Discounted Future Expected Cashflows = Company Current Valuation

Well, the company has at least more value than an altcoinā€¦ for now.

The market run is over (check my charts in the Bitcoin topic).

1 Like

The entire economic mindset is ā€œinflation is goodā€ so it wonā€™t be coming back down long term.