[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

but its not, the only thing the FED cares about is inflation and unemployment rate. Also, fixed income/retirees are getting hammered. Not sure many institutions want long term inflation at the current level.

I suggest you check the purchasing power of currencies since Nixon and indeed Roosevelt. In fact since the Federal Reserve Act.

1 Like

Even when we get back to 3% inflation, costs wonā€™t go DOWN. They will ā€œjustā€ be increasing at 3% as opposed to the 8% we are seeing now.
The subscription will never go back to $15 the same way a gallon of milk will never be $1.10 again, or a gallon of gasoline 96 cents.

2 Likes

Perhaps I misunderstood you. If you are talking about individual commodities, of course prices will fluctuate over time.

I understood you to be talking about the economy as a whole, in regards to inflation.

The last time the US has a negative inflation rate was in 1954 at -0.7%, so broadly speaking, prices donā€™t go back down.

Not trying to hijack this thread, will contact you in game

1 Like

I have been long time player of eve and as an Australian i donā€™t see the value in omega. Us Aussies have to pay USD prices and suffer the exchange rate. The cost of omega is now close to $30 AU . You could buy a netflix, amazon prime and part of an audible subscription for the same price of a eve subscription. Itā€™s now are hard sell to me.

Iā€™m lucky in a way that my character is max skilled alpha so i can still play and be useful to my corp.

9 Likes

As a canadian i can say our situation is similar, 20$ USD is close to 30$ CAD, and thereā€™s no option to pay in CAD.

4 Likes

Well in EU they choosed to make Eur=USDā€¦ so makes 21$ the new monthly fee.
So now its one eve account vs prime+netflix and save like 5$.
or almost 2 other subscription based games per month.
(ffxiv starts at 10,99ā‚¬ per month).

If you take into concideration that no other game ā€œforcesā€ you into multi accounting like eveā€¦
most even dont allow it at all and it dosnt makes sence there anywayā€¦
that sums up even more.

With the decending playernumbersā€¦ that increse will make it even harder to get new player into eveā€¦
i meanā€¦ the bait for new player to buy their first sub for just 6$ per month will helpā€¦
but after that 3 month are goneā€¦ and than they have to pay 20$ per month or need to sub for 2 years in advance to get the price kinda reasonableā€¦
(if they didnt learn in time you even have to run multiple accounts for many reasonst very often)

Wellā€¦ i still think that was a really bad move in the current state.

but wellā€¦ we will see the outcome in 12 month or even later when the last old priced sub runs out.
Will be interesting to see eves state than if it didnt get shutdown beforeā€¦ i mean maybe by than we have again average 50k player or even moreā€¦ who knowsā€¦

But at least right now ccp should have taken enought money to be satisfied couse of the panic buys :smiley:

EvEā€™s buisness performance tells its own story

4 Likes

What you see there is the natural peak of a product. Eve is well beyond its best before date, doesnā€™t matter who owns it. Even if it changed hands tomorrow, it would still be in decline I bet.

3 Likes

The same could have been said of Apple that dwindled to only having iPod as a product. When they fired Steve Jobs it made such a comeback as to establish it self as the dominant device maker on the planet. It has a cult following that allows it to keep prices artificially high.

This ā€˜Natural Peakā€™ is however very commonplace among those buying assets and squeezing them for all they are worth vs investing in creative talent to make them grow.

1 Like

ex Pepsi CEO destroyed Apple via licensed clones like a commodity PC.

iPod is dead, and they will regret it as nobody goes to the gym or on a run with an iPhone strapped to their arm. Proof? iPods are going for thousands on ebay, runners are in uproar as no alternative.

Thereā€™s old products that still manage to do good, true everything will end up dying but it doesnt have to be now. The cause is CCP (or pearl abyss whatever) failed to create meaningful changes. All they did in 2 years is remove stuff from the game, the only reason EVE didnt crash harder or earlier is because thereā€™s a dedicated playerbase and people ready to give them a chance. But this unjustifiable price increase will eventually dry them out too. Cause the dedicated playerbase DO multibox more than the casuals, and those are the hardest hit by this change.

Good. Multi-boxers are what ruins gaming.

2 Likes

Ermagherd, look at that! They must be doing something really right!

A 25% drop in PCU from 2012-2016 isnā€™t something you can ignore and roll into ā€˜EVE had more people than before CCP owned it!ā€™

Put the CSM dates on the points on the graph. CSM was created at the peak, everybody knows the decline comes after a peak.

The CSM was created as a result of the scandal that precipitated the decline. Casting the CSM as a cause is like saying ā€˜you know, you had 2 legs before you went to the hospital. You only lost your leg because you went to the hospital.ā€™ when someoneā€™s been in a car accident.

6 Likes

It hasnā€™t changed the decline trend WITH the CSM has it. Scandals, you mean like the wizard hat and booze one or the other ones? If you have a short memory, I can link you the video.

Those terms are acceptable. Enjoy your higher priceā€¦

No, I mean T20. The Wizard Hat incident was one for which Mittens not only accepted his punishment, but as soon as he sobered up and realized what heā€™d done, he resigned from the CSM before CCP weighed any punishments, apologized to the miner in question, and gave that miner all of the assets her had in the game, all before CCP decided to ban him. He then, as I said, accepted the ban without complaint.

Honestly, trying to reach back over a decade to dredge up a ā€˜drunk dumbass does something dumb while drunkā€™ moment that nobody has ever denied or tried to hide from isnā€™t exactly a strong move.

5 Likes