[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

the events of February-March of course influenced, but from all the schedules it can be seen that the crisis began from April 20-24, and this is the date of the announcement of the subscription increase. players simply chose that the price was high and decided to pay in PLEX. Yes, and events, Capsuleer Day with tons of free SP, ISK, changing entrance awards, also contributed to the depreciation of SP, increase in the price of PLEX

Summary

1 Like

Isk to Plex conversion had seen 4.4m back 2019 The Imperium News suggested back then with Plex prices being this high (2019) Feeding more plex into the in-game market was a good thing for CCP for the short term though long run would lower the amount of players. It then gave a scenario of a single account casual player named ā€œJeffā€ which showed that it would be impossible to continue on Alpha after first trying Omega and that the larger issue back in 2019 was Eve was coming to an end for such casual player.

It gets back to quoted from news article;

mostly casual players are finding a monthly Plex to be a near impossible goal to shoot for.

This form of feedback was with us from 2019 and now 2022 there has to be a master plan not yet revealed to us by CCP to justify such rapid market changes where Player no longer controls the in game market system.

/edit spelling

Yes wait for fanfest 2023, or maybe 2024, for them to reveal it.

In the meantime, hereā€™s some 2 for 1 extractors!

If they donā€™t lower the price back down like asap, then they are done for, eve will begin and keep a downward spiral, all over 5 bucks per account, when half, or better of the accounts out there are alts, and no way for them to have a good fair discount, when buying 6 or 12 subs per monthā€¦and honestly even if your buying one sub a month, 20 is to muchā€¦

3 Likes

You should check out Star Citizen. The Aegis Complete Pack is now only Ā£8635. Only available to wealthy insiders (Concierge) such as yourself.

The problem is that in that game, I wouldnā€™t be able to use whatever is in that pack to engage in virtual violence against my poorer, weaker peers without their consent, which is something I need to do in order to assert my dominance over others as a nearly-sexual form of psychological gratification.

4 Likes

1st June 2022 fingers crossed

I have 4 toons omega in UK. That will be Ā£64 per month?

I canā€™t justify that going out of the house over heating , food ect ( those with familyā€™s will understand I am sure).

Been a ride, all the best o7

8 Likes

CCP pikachu face

I have no idea what that is ??

A meme about being surprised by something stupidly obvious. ^^

As if it wasnt obvious that ccp would lose customers by doing that.

Ah you learn something new every day, thanks (I am getting on a bit) :slight_smile:

We see the number of connections melt day after day, what used to be the norm is now the peak.

I seriously have no idea how someone convinced them that increasing the price would be a good idea. Whoever thought of it should be fired, alongside the CSM and everyone that lied about the fanfest. Oh and everyone that took part in the balancing of the game those last 2 years too.

We can keep the art department i suppose.

3 Likes

Haha, wait until the people who have 1-year-subs donā€™t renew. the impact will take a while. my still-omega-accounts will run until 1-2023ā€¦

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t really matter, they seem to be relying on players subscribing for a year or two, because in that time most will buy extra PLEX and stuff to try and catch up. The really long term players wonā€™t leave because if they played for 18 years, they already spent enough to buy a real house. As a business model it seems workable, I donā€™t think its moral though.

1 Like

A game that exclusively relies on its older and already established playerbase is doomed. Plus those long-lasting players are affected by the current mega huge inflation and most have several accounts. So you are asking more, to people who have less. Iā€™m no economist but that sounds like a terrible plan.

5 Likes

New players that CCP is so desperate for are going to have a hard time justifying $20/month for a game.

1 Like

I have 4 toons omega in UK. That will be Ā£64 per month?

I canā€™t justify that going out of the house over heating , food ect ( those with familyā€™s will understand I am sure).

Been a ride, all the best o7

First.

Thereā€™s already a thread for feedback on this topic.

1 Like

Thats nice