[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

CCP turned medium sized structures into ez solo killmails for you to take in 5 minutes of dreadnaught siege. Don’t like dreads? How about you drop 50 alts in Legions in and solo the structure before any defense could form up, then? CCP has introduced the blops filament for you to be able to fire all your alts right on the content in one single click. You don’t have a t3c on each of your alts? Don’t worry, CCP has introduced new skills and basically forced miners to learn them, so we can sell more injectors again.

All your dreams of winning eve by investing more money into the game then your competition are finally coming true. Purge the other players from your constellation and have it all for yourself !

Ultimate content time (especially once you’re alone there)

1 Like

I agree with a big chink of your post, but the miners actually made out a little on the skill changes.
The new skills take less SP than the old refunded skills did. So a fully skilled miner ended up a couple hundred thousand SP to the good.

Another day, another broken patch

but ehi, pay us 33% more, you dirty cunts

7 Likes

I have to admit I’m absolutely devastated - I’ve been thinking about coming back to EVE for a few months now, and I’ve been hearing good things about Careers and more content planned. I downloaded it today ready to jump in, and then find myself looking at £17 a MONTH. I was actually stunned.
I then read through the comments here, see that current players are angry because they’re not getting their money’s worth BEFORE the hike, let alone after it.
Why then should I, as a returning player (from 2017) invest £17 a month into a game that current players say isn’t worth it? It’s extortionate considering other larger MMOs are far cheaper.
Shame, I was looking forward to hopping back into it.

2 Likes

Maybe you can play as alpha for now or to check if it’s worth subbing?

Mind your language. That is no way to talk about miners.

The game has a free to play component (endless free trial). Why don’t you invest a couple hours and decide for yourself as opposed to listening to a collection of anonymous internet windbags?

1 Like

The problem is that the Air Careers stuff boils down to kill 10 rabbits that are eating Farmer Tyrannos prize carrots for a reward. Its nothing new, its a quest format that’s been around for longer than Eve, and its a backwards step for Eve. It might attract some WoW players but they are dumber than a box of turnips.

1 Like

LOL, I don’t know if you know this. But I don’t Have Alts.

Now on to your Rebuttal!

Turning med Sized Structures might be Content for you, but it certainly not for me, considering Damn near any Time Capitals are involved TiDi Literally Sucks the Life out of the Gameplay. Heck nowadays, having over 400 pilots in a system Brings on TiDi. So maybe you like to have caps or what not because you Used to just get your 50 Legions and then Lag out to hell.
Blops Filament? Are you serious It’s never Really been dialed in, But I guess you like it? Just another thing to use to bypass territory boundaries and fortifications.
New Skills. No they Took a situation which they did not understand, and totally threw a grenade into it and wondered why the thing is FUBAR’d

the more I think of it, the more I think you are being sarcastic. But who knows.

And I won’t have to purge anything. CCP’s policies and business model will.

5 Likes

I totally agree with the sentiment of most people here… I was also tempted to return as other releases are a while away but… subbing for just a month or two at a time in most mmo’s is already a tough sell as it’s the least economic option.
With the price increase however, it turns eve online which despite having a loyal fanbase from a more niché mmo into something that looks extensively more unwelcoming to its own detriment.

What eve would rather benefit from is making sure people -stay- and having to debate price vs enjoyment every month at a time will drain motivation and drive away players, potential newcomers and returners alike.

It makes eve despite not appealing to the core audience, lose even more appeal due to becoming simply to expensive and looking at other games, especially something like FF14 or ESO, it seems kind of unfair almost.
FF14 has you pay for expansions but has a considerably lower sub-cost while eso lets you permanently unlock content or optionally pay monthly for all-access like eve online, but it provides active subscribers with far more value per month, due to giving them currency they can then spend on said permanent content unlocks. The equivalent would be eve letting you increase alpha skillpoint limits permanently or unlocking the ability to equip modules and fly ships otherwise unable to alpha clones.

Furthermore… most people had a terrible time… we’re still trying to recover barely. Covid, the war going on, housing and food prices and electricity spike yearly and most families struggle more rather then less. For a bunch of people gaming is helps them cope and it doesn’t seem right to advertise true freedom when people get locked out or feel left behind simply not being able to afford a ‘premium’ status.
Omega skilling faster, maybe getting early access to some things, getting premium skins or colorable tracer rounds or ship engine colors and such, getting some plex every month, maybe slightly better insurance if you really must affect gameplay or prime clones if you die but most importantly make it fun to omega and the thing people want to do to support you as a developer.
Don’t make it so people feel like they have no other way to play the game at a peak or optimum level and feel locked out of activities and that makes them -have- to pay.

2 Likes

You aren’t seriously comparing EVE to FF14?

FF14 has to be one of the most boring games out there, other than dungeons and looking pretty, nothing to do. There isn’t even PvP. Damage parsing addons are forbidden as is saying something naughty incase you make a snowflake cry, a safespace for snowflake crybabies.

Well this is it then. I will have to step back from eve. £15.99 a month is simply unreasonable. With the current cost of living and such I simply can not justify spending this a month. This was my freedom from modern day reality. Thanks

There will Hardly be new player coming for that amount when other online MMO such as WOW and Lost Ark and a lot cheaper, even world of warships and tanks.

The EVE player gets extra what exactly? - there has been no new game changing updates. no “oh since we are putting the price up here is extra skins and such” (fortnight is £7.99 and you get an insane amount of in game loot) - Im not comparing to EVE just an example that there needs to be something to make us want to pay

Rant over - I will not be buy Omega - PEOPLE OF EVE, ITS BEEN LOVELY FLYIG WITH YOU…now time to find another game.

1 Like

Don’t forget to give away your stuff before you leave, someone might put it to good use. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :popcorn:

what are you after?

Personally nothing, maybe find some rookies and give them stuff or whatever. Just don’t let it go rot in some hangar is what am saying. :slight_smile:

I didn’t say a thing about the quality of the game and prefer not to talk about it as what someone does or doesn’t prefer to play and how much fun something is greatly differs from person to person and I’m not someone to judge another person for enjoying whatever it is they do.

From a purely financial standpoint, I find eve harder to swallow than ff because I can play for a month if I want to catch up on patch content the size of basically mini expansion for about 8-9’ish pounds.
Here for comparison:
30 days £8.99 / 12.99 €
90 days £8.39 / 11.99 €
180 days £7.69 / 10.99 €

Now compare that to wanting to play eve for a single month here and there or a couple months at a time… again I’m not talking about what’s the ‘better’ game.
I’m saying there is drastic difference seeing a popular mmo at the moment keep a low and to me fair pricing structure that doesnt punish people who dont play several months at a time vs eve which has always seemed a bit more gated despite being an extremely fun experience and then you’re confronted with almost double the price on top.

Weekly period average is down to 17k (last week), 16k this week.

The lowest it has ever been since 2006.

Game keeps dropping more and more players every week.

Nerfing everything, no new content for years, more and more pay2win store packages, 33% price increase…

“wait for fanfest”
→ Here, have some new nebula texture… yikes.

10 Likes

now back to my WoW Rogue.

1 Like

:person_shrugging: More space for me and my EVE friends to make endless ISK. Should we be worried?

One everyone has left, you will be the richest kangeroo in the universe.

4 Likes