[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

WoW, Albion, FFXIV, these are games which are completely designed and fully experienced with 1 client.

Eve is not.

To experience Eve in all aspects, multiple concurrent clients are required, IE: Multiple accounts, however CCP do not market the game that way. Sure you can play Eve with 1 client casually, but if you have never played the game with multiple accounts, you really are missing out on a lot of possibilities and opportunities the game has to offer, and that’s fine, but not the norm at all.

If mining the ore and building say a battle ship and its basic fittings could be done by 1 account in say 3-4 hours of game play, then 1 account should be enough to fully experience the game. But this is not the case at all for the average player.

Currently it would take a single account almost 6 days to manufacture a single T1 battleship from the blueprints, this does not include the PI, Ore or Moon Mining. Add more accounts and this process becomes more bearable. So for the single account player who wants a new ship, its off to instanced content to farm the isk to buy from current stockpiles right? well this can only occur for so long, then the market will crash… right? With the added side affect of basically removing players from space and the ripple effect that has…

The crux of the matter is that the various current systems of the game are complex and requires many game hours to accomplish, significantly more than one account can deal with, however the pricing is somewhat confusing like MCT and focused on single account. As far as i can see, this was CCP’s intention to add more complexity and bring the game to a single account. But why would one shoot themselves in the foot like that?

The complexity is what makes Eve, Eve. so i wouldn’t be clean slating it, however if the current industrial system is to remain, then lots of alts are required from Pi to Reactions, to mining etc. Most indy people wont pay the 100’s of $$ each month to keep building like they were. This means economic issue ahead in game, and out of game.

So when comparing costs between the other games, its chalk and cheese.

1 Like

Why spend hours earning ISK when it is much more time efficient, if you earn more than 1$ an hour to buy plex unless you are a masochist?

pay2win

1 Like

I built both a Providence, an Orca, a Charon, and a ton of other ships, using a single indy character. The big ones took ages, built some components, others I bought for a lot cheaper than I could make and shipped them out of the dark corners of the Universe at ungodly hours. Cost me a lot less than buying the ships and it was fun, but its virtually impossible now. Even if you have the alts and are part of a big nullsec alliance, with access to the resources, the sheer investment in real time is ridiculous.

I see this argument a lot so I’m going to comment on this.

It’s a decent argument against grinding, but it’s not a compelling reason for buying PLEX to a lot of players. The masochists are not the silliest players in the MMO scene.

Many players don’t want to “win” or progress through their credit cards. It makes everything within the game more trivial and it feels like a scam.

Why pay to the skip the game? Makes more sense to both skip the paying and the game. Even if they only wanted to skip the PvE and go for the PvP, it then makes sense to go looking for a game that only has PvP. Saves time and money.

An MMO with bad PvE is a bad game and even decent PvE on repeat becomes a chore, which means most or all MMOs are simply bad games.

4 Likes

PVE in EVE is beyond boring. PvP is where the fun is.

Yes. EVE would be better, if it were not an MMO.

And how do you PvP alone? Punch yourself in the face?

Except for the blueballing, no shows, timers and in many cases being roflstomped in 9 nanoseconds

7 Likes

The real time tactics genre would be the most logical choice for this game. Hypothetically, if a game designer were to design a new EVE game, without certain exploitive business considerations in mind, that’s where they’d probably arrive at.

RTT is multiplayer and there’s more pros than cons compared to MMOs.

The interface can handle multiple ships per player, without resorting to third party applications and clumsy switches. You can easily have those huge, epic battles with hundreds or even thousands of spaceships, but without Tidi slowdowns, as advertised.

Nobody has to be a mere F1 monkey, because everyone on your team controls a whole wing.
Nobody has to mine or do PI, but you can still have ship design and army compositions, fleet budgets and clans. A Zkill board would still be great for keeping score and trying to second guess the opposing army composition.

Seriously, why is EVE even an MMO? It’s all just subs and plex and fomo.

I get why some fantasy RPGs with players roleplaying their character may need to be persistent worlds, even with all the digital herpes that comes with playing an MMO, but EVE is abstract. There’s no playing house here.

Frankly I have never heard of Real time tactics games before. Could you link a game like that for others to learn?

I do agree with the points @Ramona_McCandless makes about pvp. I HATE NO SHOWS. As a former merc/station defender that was the worst. PVP has so many cons for me. I do like the arena PVP despite everyone’s objections to that. Instant action I think appeals to me and a lot of others. Roaming NS fleets fulfill this also.

1 Like

You need to understand that you are playing the wrong game. I am not saying that I wouldn’t like arena-style EVE PvP but that is not going to happen besides ocassional Proving Grounds events.

These posts “I want EVE to be a PVE only game”, “I want EVE to by arena-style PvP game” etc. are all nonsense. If you really wanted such game then you would playing it already, there are games offering that on the market and they are doing it better than EVE (ever would have). But you don’t like those games do you? Ask yourself why is that and why would EVE be any different if it was rebranded/remade into such game. Answer is that it wouldn’t, it would probably be even worse.

1 Like

These are considered RTT

1 Like

1 is plenty. Multiple accounts is when you give into propaganda.

1 Like

Game is definitely playable with just 1 account. Except that no matter what you do, you are constantly thinking of “if I multiboxed and had (one) more accounts this would be much simpler/faster/safer/enjoyable/profitable/thrilling”.

You can excuse it as you want, but EVE is horribly bland game which actually plays itself for most of the time. Everything is so damn slow and I can’t see another reason for that being the case other than “so we sell them more PLEXes via multiboxing which we allowed and encouraged”.

I mean okay, I suppose the original intent was perhaps so all these activities requires more than just 1 player and that is fine idea and I used to do it with friends back when I started and it was much more enjoyable, but the fact that multiboxing was slowly encouraged and became dominant playstyle along with much less (real) players playing the game since then effectively made all these activities multiboxing only.

Especially because many activities are gated behind other restrictions like timers, opportunity cost, risk from them being in ls/ns/wh only, random (escalations) and more and especially because even with one or two friends, it often still is super slow and boring.

There are activities that are bit more demanding on player’s input, but essentially 90% of time we are staring at an (empty) screen where either nothing is happening or the game plays itself (ship mining, shooting npc sometimes (with drone boat)). In my opinion this is the main reason why EVE is niché game and will never be popular and why no “proplayers” or “esports” can come from it. It really is boring and multiboxing is often a way how to cut the boredom at least a bit.

Also, when “everyone” is multiboxing, then you (meaning globally) feel compelled to also multibox in order to keep up and being able to compete. This is of course just psychological and it doesn’t exclude you being able to do that with just 1 account but yeah.

3 Likes

I mean you are right yes, but I logic’ed it out to my self that for every extra account you use the less skill you can apply per character and the more alts you add the more mundane and boring the task would have to be to manage all those accounts.

Luckily there are things in the game that if done well with one character can be sustaining enough in isk generation and also fun so that is enough for me tbh and anything that requires multiple people I would rather do with friends than with alt’s.

You expect anyone to want to be friends with me??? :rofl: :wink:

1 Like

Don’t see why not.

But you didn’t see the bio posted about me. I beat baby seals with a club, drown kittens and butcher puppies just to begin with. I run over old ladies in their walkers, stomp on bunnies and fry chipmunks with a magnifying glass.

If this is the new generation, you can have them.

1 Like

Shame what did you do to these poor people kill their mining ship?