[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

You miss the point.

You cannot get bread for 5p no matter what you do

Customers do not get to set the price of anything.

If you thought they cared that you arent spending, then you neglect that they already calculated that in when then put the price up.

1 Like

1 Like

Some people suggest they NEED EVE to survive. EVE is an entertainment product. Thatā€™s the bottom line. First things that go when times get hard are subscriptions. Donā€™t like the price? Whole bunch of cheaper games out there. I personally am not a fan of a subscription model. Iā€™d rather buy lifetime omega for a set price if I had the option.

2 Likes

EVE is not a game, real life is. When your shiny ship goes POOF , you feel the pain.

1 Like

Not followed what you were replying to so I might be taking you out of context here, but individually consumers do not dictate the price, however collectively thatā€™s precisely how free market economics works. If someone is selling bread for 80p and you increase your price from 80p to 90p, youā€™d better be confident you add value elsewhere.

We know that other triple AAA titles are priced as follows here in the UK:

• WoW is Ā£9.99/month
  • Albion Online is Ā£9.81/month
  • FFXIV is Ā£7.69/month

Does Eve provide that much more compelling content than the above to justify stepping out alone to a premium price point? It backfired for Netflix.

Whatever big patch is coming in August is going to be make or break for this game I suspect. Letā€™s hope CCP get it right, however knowing the focus is FW and story arcs (yuck) I donā€™t hold out much hope!

1 Like

1 Like

Do they have to be your own? Asking for a friend.

8 Likes

Like a fair democracy or a legitimate sovietā€¦

No, you missed the point.
Bread is something essential, I need it to survive.
So I pay the price, what ever it is.
EvE is a game, not essential.
So, if I think itā€™s not worth the buck, I will not spend it.

So you must compare EvE with other games (not bread) to find out if itā€™s (to) expensive or not.
nuff said

No, you missed the point because it still stands if you go into GAME and say ā€œI want this game for 5pā€. The point has nothing to do with the difference of need or want.

You only just introduced the concept of necessity.

Also, you should consider other alternatives, a bread-only diet is very unhealthy.

Eve doesnā€™t sell expansion packs, being Eve is one universe (server), it makes it harder to do like WoW and limits your viewing content, you cant be shoved on a particular server like most games. There are some dynamic differences to Eve that should be considered I guess that is what I am pointing out that is fundamentally different to other games, and hard to compare apples to bannas.

JJ

None of that matters, itā€™s a video game product competing against other video game products. Itā€™s a like for like comparison.

The infra setup actually isnā€™t all that different. Eve isnā€™t a single server, itā€™s a series of nodes within a cluster which is why, when there is a large fight brewing, they reinforce the node for the system(s) in question. Similarly WoW servers are no longer single blades which is why you see phasing when you change zones. Architecturally similar and likely all nicely containerised using docker / kubernetes to allow them to switch hosting solutions and using ARM templates to achieve the infra-as-cattle concept to allow full infra recycling in minutes.

Eve is different thematically of course, but does the strength of their offering and brand have sufficient pull on consumers to warrant a premium price point? I suspect not, but Iā€™d love to be wrong there.

1 Like

Eve is essential silly girl.

I strongly advise you to seek addiction counselling, it sounds like you have an addiction.

1 Like

It does matter, and I donā€™t think you are understanding the different models.

WoW. $9.99 per month
Annual Expansion pack : $50-90 per year

Actual Monthly cost: $14.16-17.49 per month.

This is in line with the cost Eve show. The business models are all the same. You have a target revenue that you are looking to achieve as a business. Now, if that is microtransactions, advertisement, expansion packs, game enhancement like skins/uniforms, or monthly prices it is all relative to people playing, and equates to a number CCP should be making. When subscriptions go down, more sales hit the market, and when bills are paid and no issues with numbers in-game, no one cares about making the game more affordable to you. This is how all businesses work in a capitalist world of supply and demand.

JJ

Complaining about the price increase and then still continue to pay it makes absolutely no sense.

If itā€™s such a outrage then quit. If they would lose 15k players over 1-3 months they would adjust.

This is just business.

2 Likes

Out of the 3.8 almost 3.9k posts this post is the absolute most accurate post ever. If anyone has complained about the price hike and actually hinted/inferred/said they were quitting. BUT YOU DIDNT thatā€™s as about as sad as the internet gets. The outrage machine thankfully has slowed down now. Like every big update. Scarcity, mining balance pass, anything else. Big outrage over about some months the complainers stopā€¦ Secretly playing EVE.

Noone Quits EVE they simply take a break.

1 Like

Wow classic. No expansion pack. Actual Monthly cost Ā£9.99

In the past YES. After the price hike NO.

WoW releases expansions every 2-3 years and you get a heck of a lot of content for your money. Eve ā€œexpansionsā€ have never really been expansions, besides maybe Apocrypha, there are patches similar to WoW adding a new quest hub.

For the record Iā€™m fine with the sub increase, my main issue with CCP is the Mining, Indy, BRM changes and various other bits such as combat/mining anom respawn nerfs, application nerfs, SS and recons. Iā€™d happily resub my accounts if they fixed some of these core systems.

However I can see why people are unhappy with the price increase.

1 Like

Well maybe for you.
But not for me.
Actually I am sitting in china for 21 days in a very nice chicken cage (vulgo quarantain hotel).
And even that my actual customer pay me a sh*tload of money for do nothing, or watch Netfix.
But the actual state of game is not worth to log in nor to pay the subscription for my two accounds.

I check the dev-blogs from time to time, and read sometimes the forum for nostalgic reason.
But to be honest, as long ccp/PA is focused on graphic updates (most ppl plays in potato mode) or instanced single-contend (in a MMO) I donā€™t see any reason to think about a resubscription.
Some of my friends say there is light at the end of the (EvE-)tunnel
I think Itā€™s a fast train coming towards you.

If you enjoy the actual gamestatus, be my guest and have fun.

ā€¦ 16 days remaining

2 Likes