[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

I am not a lawyer but from the simple surface I fail to see how this is any manipulation at all nothings being hidden.

Players are angry for the lack of content and feel this was unjustified. Something something about CCP running costs, we honestly don’t know the main driver only speculation. Greed? Or hard financial times?

Looking at this through a logical standpoint. There is little we can do frankly the one trait I do admire about CCP is they don’t back down from what they see as valid. So… What now? Well, CCP hasn’t hidden that while the monthly price is 20$ now. They have provided bulk purchasing to lower the cost back to 15$ a month. Nothings hidden no crazy manipulation. Heck they even provided bigger discounts from the original 15$ a month. My main point is CCP has had a history of being rigid about these things. They will not reverse this or change this from what we see all around we all know this deep down. Eather plex with in game ISK. Or buy omega in bulk. It’s the classic CCP adapt or die here. Trust me I hate this as much as the next person. Plex prices for me have gone up it takes a little more work for me to plex. I don’t want to be insensitive as this increase affects everyone.

Quote me lines from that text but I am not a lawyer so I can’t even to begin with international law. Probably doesn’t even affect CCP as a whole as they are in Iceland not France.

Looks like the multi account discount isn’t a perm thing? Just tried to sub another of my alt accounts that lapsed last week, no discount in special offers. Chatted w/ GM who told me it’s no longer available and maybe they will announce another at some point in the future?

2 Likes

It may surprise you to know that the international language is English , not French.
It may also surprise you to know that I do not understand or care WTF you just wrote.

1 Like

So you say that the lingua franca of today is English?

:smirk:

2 Likes

Watch out, you’re starting to get condescending…

OK ! To make it short, you never read, and that’s it!

As a consumer myself, I can sum it up like this:

From now on, when a professional applies a reduction on the price of a product or service, he must display the lowest price applied during the 30 days preceding this offer. This new rule, which now applies throughout the European Union, whether for online or offline sales, thus provides a framework for commercial practices by strengthening the framework applied to all price reduction announcements, and thus makes it possible to strengthen consumer protection against unfair practices of false discounts, or even abuse of economic dependence, such as the fact of “submitting or asking another legal or natural person to submit false consumer opinions or false endorsements, or misrepresent consumer reviews or social endorsements, in order to promote products or services”. Special bodies set up within each Member State of the Union are responsible for: a) ensuring the proper application of this rule and compliance with it, and b) collecting complaints from consumers.

In other words, a new dynamic price indicator must appear on all these so-called advantageous price offers by their authors, which are flourishing throughout the European market, whether on online or offline sales, such as we can see it almost everywhere, especially since the start of the big inflation resulting from the war in Ukraine; I might as well tell you right away that the entry into force of this rule comes at the right time after more than four years of legislative battles.

Because this European measure follows various damning reports established within the European community long before the war. This European directive 2019/261 of November 27, 2019, also known as Omnibus, is part of the European commitment to consumer protection dating from 2018. It extends, in particular to the Internet, the scope older directives relating to unfair commercial practices and consumer rights, improves the rights of the latter and strengthens the system of penalties that should be imposed on any recalcitrant professionals.

So that’s what it’s all about when we talk to you about the fight against false discounts. And it is totally useless here to be a lawyer to fully understand what it is all about. All you have to do is read the press articles, or even stay perfectly informed; it can help:

If you are curious to know more, which in itself is a quality, the text of the European directive 2019/261 whose measures have entered into force since May 28, 2022 is here:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32019L2161

And for your information, Iceland is a member of the European Economic Area, in other words Iceland is already a member of the single market. It is also a member of the Schengen area which abolishes border controls between all Member States:

On this page made available to all French consumers (each member state has made its own available), we can read in particular this:

Consumer Protection | Information Request | File a Complaint (europe-consommateurs.eu)

“Your dispute with a professional based in another EU country than France, Iceland, Norway or the United Kingdom does not find an amicable solution? Contact us by filling out one of our online forms below .”

How useful is it to read!

Try To Fly Safe Again. Or Not.

Ully Loom

ps: As I’ve said many times before, EvE Online is a gem, and New Eden deserves much better than such an aggressive business strategy driving away players; moreover, I have already said on other threads what to do: EvE Online = two categories of players = two styles of play (PLEXs vs. MMO-RPG-RTS) = two servers (like of WoW vs. WoW Classic) = two sources of income…

1 Like

If it were not for the English, it would have been German.

Sounds logical to me. CCP has shown a list of the old prices being raised to new prices. There for everyone to see. Subscription has been $15 USD for years. I don’t want to sound condescending it’s not my intention. From my US point of view, I don’t see anything misleading or false? I think it’s safe to assume everyone here knows what CCP has done. From my small small world. CCP has risen monthly prices from $15 USD to $20 USD. While simultaneously providing more bulk purchases to even it out. Is it bad or good? We have 3.8k posts discussing that and so much more.

Long as I get to plex in EVE I’m perfectly happy. Is there some sort of scam going on? Will CCP get sued? Going to have to simplify what you want to convey. A key point in discussion. Audiences are very different around the world. I guess people in the US might be more confrontable compared to EU about business models like CCP’s.

One more thing. It’s unreasonable to slap a bunch of french articles and tell me to read them on an off the cuff online forum discussion. So consider setting/audience in debates. How would you like it if I slapped a bunch of US articles and told you to do the same? So again. simplify your viewpoint and what you believe is right/wrong and I can respond so much better.

actualy, it was the yugoslavia partisan that should take the mantle of heros, french resistance realy ramp up when german decide to drop the facade with the french people+ d-day preparation

1 Like

From those 3800 posts 98% are negative (yes i’ve read all of them) with the majority of people stating they either quit entirely or cancel alts.

The effects can also be seen on EVE-Offline :: EVE-Online Status monitor

Period average player numbers are down to 17k, the lowest it has ever been since 2006.

5 Likes

Really? Me, I prefer to read a good book instead, my favourite being “The Art of Military Strategy & Ganking” by Aiko Danuja.

3 Likes

Considering since the date of the price hike news, the PCU has been falling consistently week after week. At this rate we are looking at scary numbers for the remainder of 2022.

Is it time now to say this the price increase from $15US to $20US is unsustainable and a different model is required to be tested?

For me, Eve is a multi-character game and has been for over a decade. I love the industry side and i also love pvp and geo politics. To be frank, industry is dead right now, and i believe the $20US (or $15US for alts) is to blame.

Is it time?

There iss already a thread to Discuss this, I will merge this one into [Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread - #4313 by Anthony_FatTony_Amico

Im in Australia. Perhaps this table will explain the situation best:
Omega

So by that measure, in order to get you to resub they would need lo lower the sub below what it was before the hike?

Indeed! Watch the PCU flood with that pricing schedule. End result… much better bottom line.

Considering CCP revenue is zero right now in my case, seems like a fair deal to me. My point is that Eve is designed to be played with multiple alts concurrently. Pricing should match this. marketing should take advantage of Eve’s uniqueness in that regards.

All the extra work being done to make the game relevant to new players with graphics and ARC etc with FW to come down the line is great, however it means nothing if they don’t pay for Omega. Fairly obvious the new players aren’t upgrading to Omega…

IMO the main issue with new player retention is the skills system and then new sub price just drove it into the ground. Options for new players to bridge the gap are limited to patience or credit card. New players aren’t that patient anymore with many other options in the market.

With it more cost effective for individuals to run more Alt accounts, the economy will be stronger, and therefore a healthier Eve.

2 Likes

Yeah Id like to pay whatever I want too.

Ill try that down the supermarket with a loaf of bread. Unless they give it to me for 5p, Ill take my 5p elsewhere. That’ll teach em

1 Like

I don’t take my 5p elsewhere, instead of buying the loaf, I just buy flour and levening and make it myself…

1 Like

Would you make your own MMO?

2 Likes

Not for 5p you dont

Well, it’s mostly a question of pain.
When you are hungry NOW you have pain, and will pay any price.
If there are 20 bakeries in the street, the bakerman suffers as long you spend your 5p somewhere else.

But EvE ist not essential like bread or energy.
If the gain (of fun) is lower then the pain (of cost) I will not waste my bucks.