Do You Feel Sorry For People Who Think Video Games Are Real?

That game doesnt look like a challenge anyway, just grindy stuff. I would not even start cheating in it, could not be bothered.

you know what i want
bacon flavour cider
why is there so many fruity ciders but none taste like smoked bacon

1 Like

It shows the number of online players.

I cannot say anything about who is and isn’t an alt. I’d only be speculating. Do I find it’s gotten more alts? In ice belts have I seen more alts, yes, but I then I was also not paying that close attention to who is and isn’t an alt when I started playing. I may just be picking up the signs for it better than I did before.

If we are talking about cheats, lets say everyone would have his own infinite money cheat in real, how much money would be worth for anybody? Some things just spoil fun. Even in most challenging game, life situation.

yeah thats why i said its better to judge the individual playerbase by the activity of markets
mainly the big four of which only one is really big now

Aren’t you forgetting something?

is that star conflict

You do know that high-sec received a few nerfs, which drove out some business and back into null-sec, right? Mineral compression no longer is as effective as it used to be nor does a lot of loot drop to get minerals from it in high-sec. The new structures and their modules give benefits to null-sec, too. So you might just be looking at what’s happening intentionally.

Elite: Dangerous.

Damn good game for what it is, and a faithful reimagining of the original Elite series save for the lack of solo offline play.

For the record, EVE’s development was directly inspired by the original Elite games. It even stole some ship names.

yeah you might be right but but jita is still going strong and we can even see its strength being drawn into the perimeter trade hub ichooseyou

we dont see that occuring in the other hubs only dwindling economy

basically 3rd world countries now

All I hear is Star Citizen now tho. People just want to have legs it would seem. :thinking:

1 Like

yeah i have elite dangerous but i never got super into it
tbh i found it obnoxiously difficult to get into
almost like the developers decided to give it a super high learning curve just for the sake of it so they can sorry its for elites only
well i think the ui was kinda designed better for controllers too
even navigating simple tasks in your ship feels a bit awkward with keyboard

its a nice game though but not quite what i want in a sci fi game

tbh very few games appeal to what i want in a sci fi game because i have my own set ideas about how ship meta and station meta and warfare meta should work
but thats just my own vision

Star Citizens kickstarter slated 2014 as its release date. I got my backing refunded in 2015 when they were one year overdue. Now, they’re four years overdue, approaching five, and frankly, I have two great spaceship games to play, both of which I enjoy a great deal.

When people ask what’s the difference between Star Citizen and Elite, I say, “Elite exists”. Also, CIG outright ripped off the Venture.

CCP’s response was great:

But those private trade hubs are popping up all over EVE. I might even argue that these are responsible for what we see happening with the major trade hubs, and that only Jita is going strong, because we now have basically two ideologies fighting each other: the one where people believe it only needs a few trade hubs, and the other where people believe it needs trade hubs everywhere.

maybe you are right
in my experience tho
hanging round minmatar space feels like im one of the last people playing
its not as if outer trade hubs are stealing trade from hek there
theres just very little trade going on at all
i can only assume the trade that used to exist there is being carried to jita

Earth & Beyond was a early competitor to EVE Online:

EA trashed it and used the engine for the sims games. it was going to have pvp but they cancelled it before pvp came out so its only pve. they told everyone to go play eve online right before they cancelled it lol.

I’ve been there recently and was surprised over their markets and how weak they are. But it might just be they’re most affected by it, because they are furthest away from Jita, have plenty of 0.5 systems towards Jita (thus a lot of ganking), and of course are there two trade hubs historically (Hek & Rens), which divide the business all on their own.

All I could read under the recent article about Star Citizens $189M and new patch 3.2 bringing mining to the game, is literally translated:

“Band of cretins financing it lol”
“Hahaha these people are f@#ked up :)”
“SC is social experiment to test how much people can pay for promises”
“CIG is laundering money”
“Mass histeria or hypnosis?”
“Who is paying for it?”

Still, its making monay, and things that make money dont have to be sane or logical at all. :sunglasses:

Oh I’m sure it’s making money. PT Barnum said it best: there’s a sucker born every minute. I just don’t intend to be one.

they should come up with a con called subscription based game where people pay monthly for it. they should also make it pay 2 win where people can pay even more to have better stuff than everyone else. sounds almost like eve. :wink: