Do you think scams should be banned in eve and do you think ccp should make people more aware that they could get scamed in eve?

yes I know scams have been a part of eve for a long time but when but I am worried people could lose I lot of real life money after the isk they got from selling plex is stolen and eve makes no mention of scams being aloowed when starting the game at least I did not see any

This does happen. Kelroth for example lost around $40,000 and then his wife left him and the bank foreclosed on the mortgage. The lesson here is to know your limits and if you need help call 1-800-BETS-OFF.

https://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

1 Like

Stop worrying about what might happen to other people. It won’t help them and it won’t help you. Act if you can and it seems right to you to do so. Worrying never changed a thing.

What is it with all this hand-wringing lately?

2 Likes

I never said it would and I asked a question please answer

Hi mm, please indicate to me the question posed in your post, above. Thanks.

EDIT: O, I see; the thread title. It is missing the question-mark, but I’ll not nit-pick there.
I don’t think anything should be banned in EVE simply because a random carebear asks for it - if CCP decides to ban an activity, that’s up to them.

2 Likes

No, I like making Isk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

least you answerd the question

“Do you think scams should be banned in eve”
it in the title thought it was clear

Sorry, mm, see my edited reply.

“Do you think scams should be banned in eve”

No.

I started playing EVE over a decade ago. Rather innocently, since EVE was the first computer game I played.

I was mistakenly under the impression every character in the game was a player controlled character.

To be specific, when I started the game, I thought npcs were controlled by players as well.

One of my great EVE disappointments was learning some characters were computer generations, and not human player controlled.

I felt so let down npcs were behind lots of skullduggery in the game, cause I wanted to play a game in which all loss was inflicted by other human players who had agreed to the rules of this “game world”.

I wanted to outwit and out-game humans, not programable bots incapable of deviating from their program language, written by CCP.

Humans are capable of innovation, surprising you. NPCs never deviate from their programming.

I don’t scam players, but I have enjoyed outwitting players who attempted to scam me.

3 Likes

I got over 1.2b in a scam not a week ago.

Should scams be banned? Take a wild guess on my position :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Scams prey on the wealthy, not the new players. Ignorance is not an excuse when dealing with wealth. One should be careful with their money.

2 Likes

Answer: No.

Here’s another way to look at it: anyone who falls for a scam in EVE just might learn a valuable life lesson that just might prevent them from falling for one of the many, many real-life scams out there. So many they’re becoming an international problem:
https://commsrisk.com/human-trafficking-for-scam-call-centers-targeted-by-interpol-operation-across-27-countries/

Don’t take away people’s learning opportunities. They need them.

4 Likes

No. I’ve never fallen for or tried to perpetrate a scam but I think they are a great part of the game that teachers players to be aware of what they are doing and agreeing to. That’s a useful skill for real life.

2 Likes

In incursions the more ISK you have the lazier you get NGL so we need scams/gankers in EVE.

I got scammed once simply because I was in a hurry, so I deserved it. Everyone should get scammed once. It will teach you not to let it happen again.

Snowflakes who get scammed more than once deserve it even more.

1 Like

I don’t think eve is a place where people learn life lesson my thing is most mmos have rules aganst blatanient scaming a person might belive they are protected by the rules and can go to eve support if scamed

that is common sense in the real world but this is a game where people use a fake crruncy and I it makes sense that a lot of people would belive ccp will stop all types of scaming within their game and they will get their isk back because they never explicly metion scaming is okay within their game

how did you scam them

how much isk did you lose in said scam