Do you want more protection from people in highsec, or less?

Says the guy who starts complaining about audio and then realises he has his headphones turned off, then has a go at the PIRAT guy for hogging the conversation and yet says nothing and has his mic blocked all the way through. :roll_eyes:

Do i have to send you all into the hugging corner?? :slight_smile:

Reported for using exploits.

3 Likes

The type of player who ragequits over a loss has never been the type to plex his accounts for years.

The game thrived under much harsher conditions.

The game is aging and losing the initial players naturally while at the same time it has been safer and safer. You can mine in 10 orcas or 10 rorquals in 99% safety throwing titans like it is nothing.

What carebears don’t realize is removing destruction will make this game boring for those who make the game interesting. Carebears are not making the game interesting, you guys are food for sharks. Learn to fly your ships if you keep feeding instead of sperging endlessly on forums if you fly correctly it’s nearly impossible to die , unless you decide to engage in a fight.

3 Likes

Effort, thought and a sense of self accountability are required, alien concepts to some posters.

you mistook efforts and time commitment.

The use of the word effort when applied to the concept of achieving a goal generally implies both the amount of work done and the time spent achieving it.

So no, I did not.

2 Likes

This may be right but it does not matter an inch.

If you as a game do not react to what happens around you things like the actual situation happen.

You say eve becomes safer and safer over the years,the truth is that this wasn’t enough safety.
All those reactions were half-baked and not even close to what happend in other games and the actual situation is the result of it.
20k chars online, at best half of them alphas aka non payers,bots everywhere and a company who does not seem to care at all.
And a newbie fluctuation that NO game on the market can afford.

You are right the game is aged,but the solution “let’s keep it all as it is and wait until we reach 20k alphas” like the 2003’ers seem to insist is not valid at all.

A 180° turnaround may be fatal to the playstyle of those dogmatists but at the end of the day one can say “we’ve done everything we could to prevent the inevitable”.

I know i’m called a troll for many reasons,most of them are just conceited,and some think my suggestions,if they become real,would kill the game(at least their playstyle),but i wouldn’t post so much if i wouldn’t care about the game.

But here are people around that clearly state the game should rather die then change and they mean it.

I really wonder why I am the problem for some.

“generally” does not mean “always”. Plus, “generally” depends on your experience.
You are actually blaming people for not wanting to invest a huge amount of time into a video game. Do you even realize how far form reality you are ? Eve is not a job for many people. Especially for people who decided to play in HS.

I talked with a 10yo wh player, he stopped playing wh and deleted his toons because he realized that wh life actually prevented him from choosing the time he invested in the game - he recreated a toon to enjoy HS and WH life without owning a single structure, without giving a single fck whenever he needs to get away for 1 month or children is ill and needs to be taken to the hospital.
So for many people HS is better than WH or NS because you can CHOOSE the amount of time you invest in. He still has goals, still enjoys the game, but he does not HAVE TO invest time in Eve to appreciate logging in.

And this kind of story, I have several of them, and also of people installing in a wh to avoid wardecs gankers in HS - and coming back in HS now that wardec is not a middle finger anymore.
So your “time investment is required to have a goal”, you can choke on it. People who want to enjoy the game at their pace deserve the same respect than the others, it’s not up to you to say how the game should be enjoyed - and it’s not because they don’t want to invest much time into the game that they don’t invest energy in the corporation.

Perfect…
:heart_eyes:

Thanks from a peacefull warmonger…

More explosions, more work for me…

Things like this are bad for the game…

You will not reach those guys with the reality…

They do not care they just see their killboard which is all that matters for them.

Taking highsec away would mean they would have to face real opposition,enemies that can shoot back and not just unarmed miners.

ISD Ezwal would be proud of me.

Yet again.

1 Like

I’m lucky if I manage 2 hours a week, I spend little time on my gameplay but the effort I have put into research and planning in the past is now paying dividends in terms of minimum input for maximum returns in the present.
So no, you’re still wrong.

You labelling others as conceited is comedy 'king gold.

1 Like

*lights a rod for Ezwal and waves it around frantically*

Now all that’s missing is a Nuke-them-all-at-once button :blush:

:blush:

1 Like

It’s as if thinking for yourself is actually rewarding and part of the experience, but sadly modern … uh … people … don’t like to think, because thinking distracts from the only thing that matters to them:

Having fun, at all cost, including the lack of depth in their existences.

This is actually more Huxley than Orwell, but nowadays the two books (you likely read them, unlike some other folks in here who hate books) kind of mix together.

2 Likes

Sadly, you’re not far wrong, modern society often indoctrinates people; in that many are taught what to think, not how to think.

Having fun, at all cost, including the lack of depth in their existences.

One of the many satirical subtexts of WALL-E and Idiocracy.

This is actually more Huxley than Orwell, but nowadays the two books (you likely read them, unlike some other folks in here who hate books) kind of mix together.

Brave New World and 1984, both SciFi classics that were a commentary on their period; sadly the only thing that’s changed is that the future they predict is ever more likely, because some today see them as blueprints for society tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw the post, “informing” us all, as if we’re all Balos (whose posts I have not read in detail) that highsec PVP is going to be removed.
It’s a form of self-aggrandizement. They get themselves worked up thinking everybody else, who they deem inferior, wants PVP removed from highsec, and then take some talking points against such an idea and bandy it about like some sort of victory.
They remind me of day traders: producing something, their feels in this case, from nothing.
And it’s nothing. Nobody reasonably expects PVP to be removed from highsec any more than could be expected that Concord will ever be removed from highsec.
It sure is fun watching them get trolled on the idea though. But the adults in the room don’t bother to argue things that they don’t expect to change with arguments. It’s the same way with the subjects of flat earth, 9/11 conspiracy, and traps: Don’t waste time arguing what can’t be proven and does not change a thing.

1 Like

Never watched that one. Is it actually good?
Watched Idiocracy last year on netflix. A mixed bag of feelings.

“Electrolytes. It’s what plants crave.”
The sad part is that I can see US-Americans believing that today
… and all that’s needed would be a marketing company pushing it hard into their minds.

What really bothers me most is that so many people are aware, yet there’s still so many people who keep voting politicians psychopaths who keep pushing towards that direction one way or the other. Not one is trying to make people smarter again, or more self responsible. Not one.

Makes sense, considering that people who can think for themselves aren’t easily controlled and also aren’t actually good money-spenders.

Yeah, it’s pretty good; like classic Simpsons it works well on both the adult and child levels. The hidden subtexts can be a little political in that they address waste, mass consumerism etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, watched it with my nieces; who also enjoyed it for entirely different reasons.

Idiocracy is a take it or leave it for some, but it’s from Mike Judge of Beavis and Butthead fame, so that’s pretty much par for the course. Personally I don’t think much of his work overall but he has made the occasional gem.

1 Like