Do you want more protection from people in highsec, or less?

(Balos Tritapo) #342

Things like this are bad for the game…

(Balos Tritapo) #343

You will not reach those guys with the reality…

They do not care they just see their killboard which is all that matters for them.

Taking highsec away would mean they would have to face real opposition,enemies that can shoot back and not just unarmed miners.

(Solstice Projekt) #344

ISD Ezwal would be proud of me.

Yet again.

(Jonah Gravenstein) #345

I’m lucky if I manage 2 hours a week, I spend little time on my gameplay but the effort I have put into research and planning in the past is now paying dividends in terms of minimum input for maximum returns in the present.
So no, you’re still wrong.

You labelling others as conceited is comedy 'king gold.

(Solecist Project) #346

*lights a rod for Ezwal and waves it around frantically*

Now all that’s missing is a Nuke-them-all-at-once button :blush:

:blush:

(Solstice Projekt) #347

It’s as if thinking for yourself is actually rewarding and part of the experience, but sadly modern … uh … people … don’t like to think, because thinking distracts from the only thing that matters to them:

Having fun, at all cost, including the lack of depth in their existences.

This is actually more Huxley than Orwell, but nowadays the two books (you likely read them, unlike some other folks in here who hate books) kind of mix together.

(Jonah Gravenstein) #348

Sadly, you’re not far wrong, modern society often indoctrinates people; in that many are taught what to think, not how to think.

Having fun, at all cost, including the lack of depth in their existences.

One of the many satirical subtexts of WALL-E and Idiocracy.

This is actually more Huxley than Orwell, but nowadays the two books (you likely read them, unlike some other folks in here who hate books) kind of mix together.

Brave New World and 1984, both SciFi classics that were a commentary on their period; sadly the only thing that’s changed is that the future they predict is ever more likely, because some today see them as blueprints for society tomorrow.

(Herzog Wolfhammer) #349

Yeah I saw the post, “informing” us all, as if we’re all Balos (whose posts I have not read in detail) that highsec PVP is going to be removed.
It’s a form of self-aggrandizement. They get themselves worked up thinking everybody else, who they deem inferior, wants PVP removed from highsec, and then take some talking points against such an idea and bandy it about like some sort of victory.
They remind me of day traders: producing something, their feels in this case, from nothing.
And it’s nothing. Nobody reasonably expects PVP to be removed from highsec any more than could be expected that Concord will ever be removed from highsec.
It sure is fun watching them get trolled on the idea though. But the adults in the room don’t bother to argue things that they don’t expect to change with arguments. It’s the same way with the subjects of flat earth, 9/11 conspiracy, and traps: Don’t waste time arguing what can’t be proven and does not change a thing.

(Solstice Projekt) #350

Never watched that one. Is it actually good?
Watched Idiocracy last year on netflix. A mixed bag of feelings.

“Electrolytes. It’s what plants crave.”
The sad part is that I can see US-Americans believing that today
… and all that’s needed would be a marketing company pushing it hard into their minds.

What really bothers me most is that so many people are aware, yet there’s still so many people who keep voting politicians psychopaths who keep pushing towards that direction one way or the other. Not one is trying to make people smarter again, or more self responsible. Not one.

Makes sense, considering that people who can think for themselves aren’t easily controlled and also aren’t actually good money-spenders.

(Jonah Gravenstein) #351

Yeah, it’s pretty good; like classic Simpsons it works well on both the adult and child levels. The hidden subtexts can be a little political in that they address waste, mass consumerism etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, watched it with my nieces; who also enjoyed it for entirely different reasons.

Idiocracy is a take it or leave it for some, but it’s from Mike Judge of Beavis and Butthead fame, so that’s pretty much par for the course. Personally I don’t think much of his work overall but he has made the occasional gem.

(Solstice Projekt) #352

I really enjoyed the display of ongoing degeneration of society provided by showing how that shop’s name (i forgot the initial one), over time, eventually ended up as “btt f**ers” … which, I guess, should be censored on the forums but for some reason isn’t. Gonna do that myself.

(Dracvlad) #353

Yeah it makes me laugh for them to project that on me and you.

It would not surprise me if one of them throws my joke based on the PIRAT’s guy back at me as if I actually mean it. They are capable of that.

Still I will say one thing for Sol, he did actually mention PIRAT’s bot funding exploits during that round table in the chat at least. Made me chuckle…

(Anderson Geten) #354

yeah sure, always enjoyable to consider other people as stupid while you are the only one with a brain working.

That’s a sign you desperately need some attention, you whore .

Idiocracy was a fine comedy, but just a comedy. Not something remotely related to Eve online.

(Jonah Gravenstein) #355

Unfortunately Balos appears to be a bit of an extremist, and as in the real world extremists often get their whole “community” tarred with the same brush; he’s also incredibly selfish in that he has no consideration for the effects his “vision” has on others, only in what is in it for him.

What he envisions removes content not just for pewpew oriented players but from many who don’t partake of shooting people in the face, instead preferring more indirect methods to get their PvP on.

I can’t speak for others but I certainly wouldn’t lump you or Dracvlad in with Balos, you’re reasonable people and aren’t adverse to a bit of banter and to and fro in discussion.

(Erik Aihaken) #356

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

(Solstice Projekt) #357

And his doublethink is quite remarkable. If he’s a troll, he has put quite the effort into studying what he’s doing.

(Balos Tritapo) #358

Simply the truth…some may not like it but still…

And btw taking a single word out of a post i actually confessed that i care about the game in oder not to be forced to say something positive or avoid to give me credit is remarkable at best…

What not has to be that could not be right?

(Balos Tritapo) #359

And you think you would change “modern People” if you FORCE them to think about things…?

You don’t get how the modern world works…they will simply leave and turn their attention to something else…too many distractions…

And so sooner or later you will stand alone in your knowledge bubble asking where everybody is and just getting a response from your own echo…

Sad because avoidable…

(Solstice Projekt) #360

Translation:

(Balos Tritapo) #361

Knowing beeing right is no ignorance,it is called certainty.

If you can copy paste i do it also… :slight_smile: