Do you want more protection from people in highsec, or less?

An excellent post well made. I agree cargo scanning a ship should make you go suspect period, it creates content, what’s not to like!

1 Like

Getting completely rid of all PVP in high beside duels and wars is the only solution…about .time to do it…

I’m saying this for MONTHS…

And beside that the dogmatic people here always claim this the poll shows clearly that they are NOT the majority and i am NOT the “lonely troll” they try want put me down.

Good to know but even IF i would be right anyway…:slight_smile:

Why do people think this?

First, not an excellent post. It was pure hypocrisy.

And when it comes to scanners going suspect, there is little reason to think it will lead to more content.

Gankers will use throwaway ships to do the scanning like tackle black birds.

No one will shoot the suspect ship the same way that hardly anyone shoots suspect logi or activates kill rights.

Worst scenario, they just stop doing it like they stopped ninja-salvaging, and bears will cry that gankers are ganking indiscriminately.

What do you or @Herzog_Wolfhammer imagine will happen if scanners go suspect? Serious question.

No one try to put you down, and this for 2 reasons:

-your arguments are worthless
-you are entertaining

As for the whining bears, you have all the tools necessary ingame to avoid dumb losses, and if you get ganked it’s entirely your fault.

2 Likes

So last night we add 12% to the Yes vote.

A whole bunch of alts with less than 5 minutes total forum time.

Do people think we are stupid?

We need less protection for huge groups in high sec, that’s for sure.

Why do you have to be so insulting, it is damn obvious, you are replying to @Herzog_Wolfhammer who was blapping freighter wrecks causing the gankers to cry to CCP over it to get it changed and you are also replying to the person who suggested that ganking the wreck was a good thing to do.

Do you think for one moment that the AG will not at that point with cheap easy ships start blowing up every single scanning alt that they can see go suspect, in that they do not have to take the impact of the security status as they do now, that is the content, wake up and get rid of your prejudices. What it does is open up AG to more low level play with no cost to them. Seriously stupid is stupid…, sorry but it is so damn obvious. If you canot understand what it does for AG content then you have no lateral thinking or are biased.

And there was me thinking it was gankers doing it to make the point that you just did.

2 Likes

So all those in this poll that support to be protected are worthless too?

WOW…

This is so arrogant i’m nearly speechless…:slight_smile:

So what if they do? Noobships can fit cargo scanners. Where did you think this was going to go?

As for insulting, I’m no more insulting than wolfhammer or yourself.

Good. And F*** the polls.

Well let them, it is still targets that interrupt their ganking, stop being bad. Your bias is so evident it makes me giggle.

1 Like

How does it interrupt ganking?

A scan takes seconds and can be instantly relayed to the rest of the group. And gankers have no shortage of alts to take over when one scanner goes down.

They can literally have one scanner per gank, in the same way they have one tackler blackbird per gank.

My bias? Your short sightedness.

1 Like

As a person who enjoyed for a while stealing loot from CODE, I can assure you that when pushed they will loot their kill faster than you will be able to kill it.

I found it difficult just outlooting them many times and that was in a frigate warping directly on the kill as soon as it died.

Right but the gankers are either not doing it as much or better at it, because this is like 10++ 1 minute alts in a row :rofl:

I would say add find corp structures to locator agents, that way a group of “carebears” can bring the fight to the frontdoor of an agressor just as fine instead of having to scout out thousands of systems.

Seeing Concord as also the Empires will have their administration in order they would most likely also have registered in which systems each corp has a structure in space.

Locator agent only gives the system name, you will have to probe out yorself where in space it is.

Makes it slightly more difficult…

So what, it is still a pain and additional effort.

Yep, but it is added risk of interruption in terms of missing good targets and that bumping Macherial will have to have a specific scout alt not do it himself.

Yes your bias and your short sightedness.

Making the scanner go suspect is a little bit more effort, creates content, pixels exploding, what’s not to like?

2 Likes

The only thing I’d like to see is a way for solo haulers to counter bumping… like a bouncy shield or something equally silly.

I very much doubt the initial scan is done by the mach. The mach is not on grid. Tackle is made first, then a bumping mach is warped in.

More likely scans are made by alts one or two systems before the ganking system.

It’s a tiny bit more effort that is easy to work around.

Similar to the emergency warp idea that wasn’t implemented because it would be trivial to get around and ultimately accomplish little.

It’s not really content. Sitting on a gate with an ABC blapping throwaway scanning alts, when they already doing nothing to throwaway tacklers or to stop bumpers.

It’s not going to happen.

You seem to be focussed on targeted JF hits in Jita where tackle is made and applying that to all other bumps. It is a false argument and indicates to me that you are just playing games, so here are some games.

You doubt, but many bump Machariels have a scanner fitted

You very much doubt, well great, you very much doubt…, that is so good to know.

It is content to shoot them.

Baby steps often help in terms of content, it might not mean much to you but a rookie AG player gets to have low impact fun, what is not to like?

Of course, because gankers are mollycoddled by CCP, even something as basic as this would not fly.

You even tried to start a conversation about bumping, on which my position is very clear and I have no desire to waste my time on such poor mechanics that CCP are content to ruin their game with.

3 Likes

yes, I am using bumping alone.
My ship only had fitted tank and mwd.
If I had not access to mwd I could not have killed the target, even with a point.

The only effect I had on the target was to bump him. If I had not bumped him he would not have died.
SO I used bumping alone.

Just because the bump was not directly responsible of the death, but through other mechanism, does not mean the bump was not the only effect I had , nor that the bump was not the sole reason responsible of the death. Otherwise you are affirming that its not gankers who bump the freighter.

So yes was I said is true : You can use bumping mechanism to kill someone without concord intervening.
I did not say that bumping inflicted damage. Nor that it did not require some works/circumstances, but this is the same for ganks, if you are alone you can’t gank anybody.

in this context, it makes the stabs useless against bumps.

no, you do. Your post quote a sentence but then it is not related to that sentence.
How is the fact that some bumped ship escape related to the fact that there is no counter ?
If the bumper ship realizes he made a mistake, and stop bumping, or get tired, or disconnected, then the bumped ship escapes.