Doctor Who event

This is the dumbest thing they have EVER done.

Dr Who has always bored me, and Iā€™ve never understood why anyone cares. When I saw that CCP was doing some sort of weird Dr Who thing, I thought that seemed pretty dumb, but my biggest concern was that I would once again have to deal with spammy popup login rewards offering trash tier items that clutter up my inventory.

I thought that was about the end of it, just another week of weird CCP nonsense, but then I came to the forums. The absolute crybaby tier nonstop whinging is evidence that CCP needs to reinstitute blackout and scarcity mechanics, absolutely dunking these whinebears out of the game forever. This is what you get when you cater to losers who protest in Jita. Post after post of manufactured outrage, and for what? Why are you all crying? What exactly is the problemā€¦ your problem?

So thereā€™s a picture of some guy with a scarf, who I assume is the newest Dr Who, and it upsets you why because? Are you so mental that you have some kind of weird obsession with EvE lore, and you canā€™t possibly disassociate a themed event from the ā€˜realityā€™ that you define as traditional EvE lore? My god, what if they do a crossover next with Aliens or (god forbid) Starcraft, and we get a weeklong event featuring xenomorphs? Hahahaa, what if they do a crossover with World of Warcraft, and we get elves and orcs? Are you all going to whinecry forever about literally everything?

Honestly, I think EvE is a great game, and the developers are doing a great job. I donā€™t consider myself a fan of Dr Who, but I definitely do not care if someone at CCP wants to do Dr Who week. Whatever! Meanwhile, Iā€™m absolutely ashamed by the entitled whiners who cry endlessly about every little change. I think I speak on behalf of everyone at CCP when I state, ā€œItā€™s actually totally ok if you unsubscribe and uninstall. Thatā€™s fine with me. Bye!ā€

5 Likes

I just asked my alliance what they think about this, and I would like to relay for you the official statement of Krig Povelli, ā€œOut of all the dumb stuff CCP has done over the years, this is actually kind of cool. I like Dr Who, and I donā€™t know why people are bitching about it so much. I donā€™t know what the problem is.ā€

1 Like

Sometime just the quote is enough, words are not needed.

1 Like

I am enjoying EvE.

I do not understand all the incessant whining.

Yeah bring back blackout that would be glorious. :slight_smile:

:wink:

ā€¦not entirely sure you can call it a protest as they actually shot fireworks at the monument. :upside_down_face:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Dr Who overall is a good story, most recent incarnation not withstanding.

I started with the Who saga watching Tom Baker. To me he will always be THE #1 Doctor. The other Doctors had their pros and cons, but overall it was the stories that kept me watching. After all the old streaming episodes I was glad to see the modern series going. And even the spinoff characters like Captain Jack. Also liked the way they gave Sarah Jane her own series, albeit short.

The issue comes down to the most recent Doctor. To me and a great many of Dr Who fans it was culmination of a long march towards political correctness and wokeness invading an otherwise great genre.

Iā€™m not alone in thinking this as the ratings prove it was the worst Dr Who segment in the history of the story.

Now combine a failing/failed franchise with an apparently (and debatable, I agree on that) downward spiraling MMO RPG game, - combined with many very unpopular game changes over the last year as well as numerous bugs - wellā€¦you can see how many players view this event as an act of desperation on the part of both the Who franchise and CCP.

Personally, all jabs aside, I hope for the best. Odd ideas often get slammed at first until they turn out good.

Weā€™ll just have to see.

1 Like

If this is a play on 4-1-2022 itā€™s the best April Fools Day ever.
This is a joke right?

1 Like

I donā€™t know, you tell me.

It has to be a jokeā€¦

It will be extremely difficult for CCP to find a good April Fools joke this year after all the jokes of the last 12 months.

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

2 Likes

What joke? So far all Iā€™ve seen are dates in your OP, I see no joke.

1 Like

FORTNITE Is Coming To EvE Online!
Get ready for the Ultimate Fail Crossover

1 Like

I will get Omega if next crossover will be with Mr. Bean or Harry Potter.

Mightā€™ve put that in your OP. Weā€™re supposed to guess what youā€™re talking about?
Now I can reply to you accordingly.
No, itā€™s not a joke. CCP is doing crossover. Take it or leave it but if you leave, can I have your stuff?

What a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  jokeā€¦CCP, WTF are you doing?

1 Like

How many crying threads are you gonna make?

Someone had their PC set to US date format. No wonder the US is out of sync with everyone else.

Yes, I think someone made a transpositional typo, and CCPā€™s annual joke was posted too early. [/s]
2022-01-04 ā†’ 2022-04-01