Does eve have an elitism problem?

Leeching info off of others without doing something yourself is not interaction.

The questions I posted contribute to a constructive and fruitful interaction, not one where you have to repeat commonly known things and easy to find things ad nauseam, which in turn leads to complaints like yours. No one expects you to know everything as a new player, but it can be expected from you to do some work before relying on others for most basic things. That is interaction worth having.

6 Likes

#nopoors :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Agree completely. It used to be a new player would spend much of his time out of the game, researching on his own using all the outside game resources available on the net. Now days, there appear to be a majority of new players wanting to “skip to the good part”, bypassing the actual brainwork and effort it takes to actually learn the game. Add the use of skill injecting and you end up with too many players overextending their EVE reach and either complaining when they get hammered or asking to be spoonfed answers, either in here or the general help channel.
It’s not that players shouldn’t ask for help or advice, but rather most of us appreciate seeing indications of prior effort and investigation into an issue rather than a “can you do my homework for me?” mindset. That’s not elitism, that’s trying to instill good routines and skills that will pay off larger dividends in the future. Works for most things in and out of EVE, too.

7 Likes

This guy has been playing for half a month. Or maybe its 1-2 month. But either way, new player A is not the same as new player B.

Everybody wants to listen to interesting things. Watching pretty pictures visualizing everything what interests them.

Why should I bother to answer that?

• Opens container of Grey Poupon…
4 Likes

No, but Elite definitely has an Eveism problem.

3 Likes

Eve has an elitism feature.

3 Likes

It does not at all as gila is probibly the biggest noob ship around, that and the navy vexor, rattlesnake so on.

1 Like

Gnosis and Praxis beg to differ.

4 Likes

Yes, it always has, and it always will.

You should be careful around all that salt mate.

1 Like

Hit a nerve? :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nah mate, just quite funny to see you deposit all your saltiness here, I’m just putting some gasoline in the fire :slight_smile:

1 Like

I removed a non-English post.

Define “elitism problem”.

1 Like

Autists are people too, just a bit different to you.

4 Likes

Did you intend this answer to be quite so ironic?

3 Likes

Most people are actually dumber than they think. Also half of humanity is below average when it comes to intelligence. Half of humanity. That means statistically that every second person here is below average. Autist or not. :thinking:

Anyway, intelligence is overrated. That doesnt make me an exception.

1 Like

When has EVE ever not had an elitism problem, its been that way since I first picked up the game in 2009. Doesnt appear that anything has changed. Its also not actually that toxic, more a sense of pride and veterancy.

3 Likes