Dreaded Collective - New Update

That almost no one can fly, few people have and costs more than a fully fit super.

I think it will be fine.

4 Likes

Lol, yes, I too remember Titansā€¦ do you also recall that it is a very bad idea to use cost and ā€˜rarityā€™ as factors when balancing something? :stuck_out_tongue:ā€¦ and if this is the route CCP have taken, well Iā€™d of hoped by now they had learned this particular lesson, but perhaps not :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the lesson? They have done dozens of balance passes on titans. They can do the same for the Zirn. It has been so useless for so long, let it be OP for a while.

1 Like

For so long as Trig ships have near perfect tracking, they will NOT be ā€œbalancedā€ also, before we worry about ships that are already OP for the most part, can we fix the Edencom ships so they arenā€™t completely worthless crap? Also a balance pass for trigs that doesnā€™t nerf the ikiā€¦epic fail.

5 Likes

(>įƒš) Oy vey

for the same price you can use 9-11~ dread than one Zirnistra, maybe itā€™s a ā€œsuper-dreadā€ but he cost waay too much for being used rationally, and if one day he cost as much than any other dread then CCP will just nerf his damage

The question is how many dread pilots does you or your group have?
Many pilots ā€¦cheap dreads
Few pilots much ISK ā€¦ Stronger dreads

2 Likes

The better solution would be to reduce the price of the Zirn instead of making it a monster.

If you want to go further down this road why not make a faction titan costing 10 trillion that deletes star systems from existence with a one week cooldown, it would be balanced because of rarity + price right?

2 Likes

There are EdenCom ships?

3 Likes

Yes but you only ever see them fighting with concord for some reason

If a small blob of Zirns manage to ramp up their damage and blast your butt with a dozen beams of obliteration, then your logistics are absolutely commendable to keep you alive against those zirns for so long in the first place, and why didnā€™t any of them die yet?

Dreads with siege modules seem less attractive to field in packs against other packs.

inb4 EDENCOM ship skins gets added in case no one remembered EDENCOM ships exists. Buff EDENCOM ships too lol

2 Likes

i find the edencom ship skins to be boring, and the ships themselves definitely need a buff :stuck_out_tongue:

People keep calling for EDENCOM ship buffs but Iā€™d advocate for something else: more skillbooks. Idk whatā€™s their source, but compared to trig skillbooks, itā€™s not enough. Unless they are cheaper (than the current 2-4b for bs/ support skills) those ships wonā€™t be used ā€œen masseā€ in fleets any time soon. 30 people on server using them and less than 200 kills per week total (less than an Eris, which nobody uses) is not enough to judge how they actually perform. On paper they should dish out more damage than a blaster ship to enemy fleet, but at range.

2 Likes

Did the Drekavac really need a nerf?

yip, reduced drone bandwidth and reduced drone bay capacity, and not to forgetting the mass increase.

Not a single benefit.

Can only hope this has been done because the Trig command ship is due to be released.

first thing first reverse the nerf to the loki legion? no
buff tengu/ proteus yess please

reason: i am happy now i have the chance to win a figth agiants a mother fking loki with my proteus
before the nerf i dont have any chances againts him
after the nerf i can win 2of the 4 figths (because 2 of those 4 are blopps )

Its been said into the ground, but clearly you missed it. Cost does not play a role in balance. <- period

:red_circle:

Such a stupid argument can only come from Brisc. ā€œLet it be OP for a whileā€ is one of the worst gameplay balance approaches you can imagine and has led to Rorquals, Boson-Titans, Super-Supremacy, Structure Spam, Mineral flood and many other things that have permanently damaged EVE.

2 Likes

No? What about faction mods then? Pay 100x more for 30% better performance (or better fitting cost, which frees up pwg/ cpu for different/ better fit). T2 variants? (2-3x more ehp for 10x price over standard fit t1 variant)ā€¦

The way trig bpcā€™s are acquired puts them more in line with pirate ships, not classic t1 that can be researched and only cost being the minerals afterwards. idk if a bhal or vindicator can 1v1 a leshak, but if it can, it is balanced.