EDENCOM loyalties

Was there any doubt that an Amarrian would look after Amarrian interests? We are on our own out here. Business as usual.

1 Like

Gallente and especially Minmatar militia pilots are criminals, and the “fair share” of any resources owed to any non-Amarrian Empire is zero.

The Amarr Empire has the largest military in New Eden. So we have the most resources which can be sent to assist Edencom forces within our territory.

We’ve recently restructured our entire military to respond more efficiently to the Triglavian attacks. So we can respond more quickly to local invasions.

Our navy utilizes two forms of e-war which are both very effective against the weaknesses of Triglavian vessels.

Not to mention the role which capsuleers play in this conflict. Even if one were to ignore Loyalist activities, the Amarr Empire has been a preferred location for highsec mining and industry. More independent pilots live in and utilize our space. They have an interest in preventing their operations from being affected by Triglavian invasion. The largest and most effective of these mining groups may also have backing from alliances.

Does your data account for these and other factors?

2 Likes

It does not, directly.

What is Edencom’s role, if the defense is in any case up to local navies and local capsuleers?

I imagine it’s similar to CONCORD’s operational role last year when dealing with the Drifters. The local navies are enhanced, but not replaced, by Edencom forces. Coordination is probably also a priority role for Edencom since the local navies are unlikely to coordinate with their traditional foes.

I can see how the Caldari are thrilled about this enhancement and cordination at the moment, given the stats.

EDENCOM has mobilized capsuleers to combine their efforts in all Empires and not just their home area. Even aiding the Caldari Navy where it was possible.

If this is purely a matter of EDENCOM support demonstrating favoritism toward the Empire, then I absolutely agree. This is troubling. It should be working to protect all four Empires equally.

However, there are other considerations. I offer these not argumentatively, but as genuine queries that I do not have the data to answer myself, and wonder if you or those gathering such data might:

1. As we know local navies to be supplemented, not replaced, by EDENCOM forces and coordination, is this simply a matter of naval size and deployment? Having been in invaded systems in all four Empires, I can attest that it is navy vessels primarily responding.

2. What is the level of capsuleer involvement in these situations? Having fought in a great many of the invaded systems, I can say confidently that we are a major determining factor in the success or failure of the defense of these systems, so our involvement should be considered. How have we affected the outcome in the Empire and elsewhere? This question should include considerations of capsuleers working both for and against EDENCOM as agents who profoundly influence the outcome of a Triglavian invasion.

I am not prepared to assert that EDENCOM is behaving with full fairness, but I believe that at least the above questions should be answered before we level accusations of corruption or favoritism in how they defend the Four. Should we be faced with significant data that demonstrates EDENCOM is behaving in such a manner as to defend one Empire (yes, even the Amarr Empire) over the others, then action should be taken to restructure its leadership and deployment practices.

2 Likes

Sky’s team does not have definite statistics on this so I cannot say for certain, but there are a lot of systems that Edencom has won with minimal capsuleer intervention, and many of these are in the Empire. Sakenta and Nalvula, the stars in the State that are now being harvested, were fought over heavily by capsuleers, especially Sakenta.

Having fought in multiple systems in each of the four empires at this point, it does indeed seem that the Imperial Navy is more prepared to fight the Triglavians.

As Provost Marshal Valkanir is an Amarr loyalist, this does at the very least mean investigation into EDENCOM’s impartiality is warranted. Even the appearance of bias in a group such as EDENCOM is devastatingly bad and could lead to catastrophe. As there’s definitely the appearance of bias, it is imperative that EDENCOM be fully transparent as to their role and actions. An explanation as to why there’s a discrepancy in battle readiness of the various EDENCOM flagged navy ships and what the organization is doing to close that gap needs to be given.

5 Likes

This much I can certainly confirm from personal experience, having been involved in the fight, and I imagine it plays a significant role in the status of the systems. However…

Much as I am often given to…failing to account for the more human element of these particular problems, I am inclined to agree wholeheartedly with this assessment. The moment EDENCOM appears to be favoring any of the Empires is the moment others begin to withhold support, is the moment we lose trust in EDENCOM. It is crucial that this cannot happen and so, as Ms. Elkin suggests, an investigation is warranted.

A less polarizing figure would absolutely have been a better choice if for no other reason than this. We must focus our efforts on defending humanity as a whole, not any one Empire over the others. If we are to win this new war, we must do so together, and to do so, we cannot pretend that such longstanding prejudices can simply be forgotten, however much we must attempt to put them aside.

I apologize for my failure to consider that the mere appearance of bias on the part of such a polarizing figure could have such a marked effect on the trust in EDENCOM. I hope that the questions I posed above might be a part of any investigation to determine the appropriateness of Provost Marshal Valkanir’s conduct. In the meantime, I will continue to assist in combating the Triglavians, regardless of where they invade.

6 Likes

It is alright.

I am sure you’d have had similar oversight had they named, say, Admiral Kanth Filmir to head the force.

3 Likes

Honestly, all Four Empires have their faults and sins, and EDENCOM as well. I may use a transponder with EDENCOM codes but I consider them a mere label.
We capsuleers have to get this done. Together. It’s time we all take responsibility for leaving past struggles behind ourselves.
I’m Minmatar by birth, but I consider the entire cluster of civilization my home. I feel part of myself fall with every system claimed by the Collective.
Perhaps we should consider a council similar in role to CONCORD’s CSM, but without their influence, backed by the unified force of the pilots serving the people, and damn what anyone else has to say about it.
Drop the agendas. Come together.

4 Likes

Since the triglavian invasions started, I have heard my freedom and that of my kin called “a petty quarrel”, “mere politics”, and now, “an agenda” to be dropped.

I realize you mean well, but for the record, if this is supposed to convince me that Edencom is not an Amarr plot, it is not working. It is used to directly undermine the Minmatar position, after all.

7 Likes

Let me be clear. I have argued against the Amarr practice of slavery in other threads, I absolutely despise it. It is, in fact, a direct extension of the Amarr agenda which puts their “race” above other people simply because a book told them to and they haven’t thought things through and chosen the right thing to do.

Sister, I too was born of the Tribes. And I have seen the… Atrocious mindset that religion can and has produced, both in its Holders and even among those who were once subservient. I’ll not go into further detail on my personal experiences with the subject.

To conclude, the Amarr practice of slavery is one of those agendas that needs to be left behind. If the Amarr are truly invested in both the improvement and wellbeing of those they hold in slavery, they would immediately start testing for capsuleer compatibility and funding the training while freeing all of their slaves, no matter which of the Peoples they were born to.

Also, I think EDENCOM is being manipulated to some degree by all Four Empires and the CONCORD bureaucracy, whether the personnel are willing or no.

6 Likes

It’s a big question who is manipulating who as EDENCOM is clearly having its own agenda in this conflict.

1 Like

You are being clear, but in your attribution of slavery to an agenda of placing our “race” above others, you only undermine the atrocious mindset you seek to depict.

Provost Marshal Valkanir is not Amarr by “race”, while there are those among my people who would view her as less than she is because of that; it is their failing, not hers. I am reassured that the prominence of such servants of the Empire as Lord Salaf of Jabruan and Provost Marshal Valkanir herself are not only indicative of, but contributory to increasing recognition of that truth.

Additionally, the point of EDENCOM as CONCORD before it, is to serve the collective interests of its constituent nations– given its utter dependence on their contributions, it is all but unthinkable that EDENCOM not be manipulated by them.

2 Likes

Don’t be silly, CONCORD gets more money from their “territorial TAX” then they can ever spend. They do not need any contributions from empires to continue their operation.

1 Like

Who contributes their territory, jurisdiction and manpower?

Fear of mutual annihilation among the empires