Eve Anywhere enters Beta

I hope that wasn’t entirely accidental. This is EVE we’re talking about after all…

I think somewhere in the back of my mind I was blaming Concord for making Echos impossible to enjoy so I had to have revenge.

:rofl:

I like this. This would be me too.

1 Like

I feel like EVE on the browser will be better then EVE echos…

I, for one, am loving this. I haven’t upgraded my gaming PC for a long, long time, and now it’s collecting dirt. My work MacBook Pro is my main gaming device now. (Don’t tell my manager!) And playing EVE on a Mac, an Intel Mac, on top of Wine, is just awful experience. You cannot turn on all the bells and whistles, and even then, it spins up all CPU cores like crazy. Fans kick up full blast… nothing works great.

Then this Anywhere comes along, and now it runs 1080p with everything turns on high! 60fps at that too! And CPU? almost nothing.

This is a godsend for someone like me.

But yes, there are many issues to be ironed out, like that giant blue button forcing fullscreen mode only, and the UI pref not persisting from session to session (which is a real issue).

Anyways, as someone who is still a new player after several months, and 10+ years of following EVE, I’m loving all the changes CCP is adding in. So keep it up!

1 Like

I tried some PVP with a corp mate in this version yesterday and I have to say it was surprisingly smooth. I expected there to be some lag between issuing commands and seeing the response and was pleased to see that it was as smooth as the actual game client.

2 Likes

CCP need the desktop client to stream EvE Online, it’s not a browser client. It’s an EvE Online client, running in the cloud on a windows machine. The images are streamed to your browser like a video.

EvE Anywhere is great, but I see 2 problems : SETTINGS. I don’t want to redo them, could we have cloud settings please ?

Also, why force fullscreen mode ?

Performance is better probably because EvE Online servers and the streaming servers are close together. Same datacenter most likely, so only the video streaming need to be done

The service will not be free, I don’t see how it could be (That would be a great gift tho) but one advantage over GeForce Now is that you could eventually pay in PLEX

1 Like

This is a game changer! My experience has been very positive and I can’t think of anything else that will benefit existing and new players to this extent. This will help bring in more players.

• Players on limited hardware can now play in high quality at 60 fps.
  • Able to play on different operating systems.
  • Able to play on mobile devices (assuming you’re connecting to a different display and have a separate keyboard/mouse).

Some things I really like:

• In space quality is good.
  • Latency is perfect… no lag between user input and the game.

Some issues I found:

• Can’t copy/paste between Eve Anywhere window and other Chrome tabs (issue for other tools like Evepraisal).
  • No “roaming profile” where existing settings can be loaded from. Plays the intro cinematic every time.
  • Text and some chat windows are a little too graphically compressed. This is the one area that reminds you that this is being streamed.
  • Looks like client timeout is at 20 minutes of input inactivity.
  • F11 switches between fullscreen/window, but also triggers map browser in game. (I could change the shortcut…)

Contrary to some of the others’ concern in this thread, if you have been able to try Eve Anywhere you have probably realized that the full Eve game application will always be here as, ultimately, the quality is best.

Here are comparison images between Eve Anwhere and the full game client on a limited laptop. Note the FPS:
Eve Client (limited laptop)
Eve Anywhere 1

3 Likes

What is the point of having EvE on my mobile? It would be nightmare to play if it will look like 1:1 copy from PC version. Having mouse and keynoard plus other monitor would be like playing on my laptop. Plus it won’t be free, there is a note that function will be charged. So where is the catch?

At first I was, it is mental!!! Now I don’t see the benefit of it.

1 Like

So basically Stadia or that Geforce Now.

You know ccp could just disable test server or implement basic security but then they’d have to pay for propper QA testing.

They could aslo do the same for esi but why when people will create tools for free that enable basic functionality.

Hey,

CCP should just stream their world creation tools & let the player community build the next patch for free too.

I would love to play eve with Eve Anywhere…sadly I can’t see any information regarding Asian region! Is there any plan to launch EVE anywhere for Asian players in the near future? (or in discussion at least?)

I think this is great as CCP continues to eliminate the desktop client and legacy features for an all browser experience like hot modern games. This should bring in alot of new player once desktop version gone and is all mobile experience.

By the time CCP even managed half that, the new playerbase will already have been replaced by a newer player base who, I dunno, like sewing or some ■■■■.

2 Likes

Please tell me you are being sarcastic. It is sometimes hard to tell in written communications.

no why? They say this is end goal of mobile and web client to repalce.

Who are “They”?