Eve Anywhere enters Beta

Does this mean the PvP is back or is that next patch?

Yah, I tried it, it uses a ton of bandwidth, using it on a mobile data plan would be brutal.

Also performance was atrocious with one character loaded.

What about funcionality? Finger steering? UI scaling?

This can replace desktop client soon hopefully

Not likely, far to much of the world does not have access to 25 mbits internet. I live in the USA, and 15 mbits is the absolute best speed you can get in my area and it costs 60 USD a month. The desktop client isnā€™t going anywhere soon.

2 Likes

Well CCP is not catering to third world countries so I would gather those in US can just move to first world instead.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a new power coming. I hope your kids and grandchildren enjoy it.

As long as Orca Tax is not increased.

Its anything like Geforce Now it will be amazing. Im just curious how multi boxing will work since it will technically require another slice Iā€™d assume.

Oh crap, Iā€™m sorry, I didnā€™t get it working on my tablets or a friendā€™s phone, no button to poke.
I did get it going on my laptop and it was flat out hideous.
It has the usual tiny fonts but worse, they were even smaller and kept going blurry, most things were un-readable most of the time. I got constant network warnings and in the short time I was connected used a lot of bandwidth (meaning actual data downloaded, Iā€™m not sure how much, maybe five hundred or so megabytes give or take). I was only on for long enough to get a look, spin my ship in the hanger a few times, and then undock. Undocking was a bad idea, the network flipped out at that point and after a quick look around I had to try to restock, this was very hard to do and I couldnā€™t read my overview and the UI didnā€™t want to respond. I eventually did dock and promptly logged off.
To me the only real target market for this would be things like tablets, and in most cases these days they use mobile data plans which would be consumed in no time flat. As near as I could tell everything is streamed so you are constantly sending and receiving a hell of a lot of data especially while in space.
Personally there is no way in hell I would use this, I donā€™t like cloud computing, and streaming a game like Eve is asking for millions of new problems that no one needs. Having lag in the client can mean the loss of a ship, this is nothing but lag and while I didnā€™t disconnect (I was surprised by this) it was very hard to do anything.
Itā€™s like watching a YouTube video that wants to buffer all the time.
It also brought up some questions like how bad would it be if you had it going in more than one tab in your browser?
I donā€™t see this being the ā€œFuture of Eveā€ if it is I wonā€™t be using it, my network wonā€™t take it and I wonā€™t subject the other people on it to my use of bad technology and streaming something like Eve is very bad technology, itā€™s pointless overhead in every way.
I realize this is beta at best, but to me, as it stands now, itā€™s not something I would use. Itā€™s like when everyone on a network wants to watch Netflix all day and everyone bitches about everyone else watching Netflix.

1 Like

Iā€™m very pleased with GFN and Stadia on my Chromebook so I have hopes.

And for Chromebooks, at least you could possibly do one incognito window and have a second client. For Win/Mac setting up multiple Chrome profiles would solve that, and technically each profile could also have one incognito for another client. Maybe that could be a way.

If only we could get some access to play around with! haha

1 Like

Incase people are reading this and unware ā€“ Eve is currently supported on Geforce Now cloud gaming service.

So, I was skeptical about this, but at my workplace, we have about 7 literal toasters. EvEA even on garbo hardware ran fantastically. Now I can play EvE when I should be working. GG productivity, GG CCP!

Removed a spam post.

1 Like

Sure, but given EVE Anywhere will require a separate payment in order to use it, its already only really aimed at the 1st world

That is ok. USA is just third world country.

Is there a support thread or something for this?

Iā€™m testing this on my M1 iPad with a Logitech folio keyboard/trackpad. Performance is great, but in Firefox all the colors were inverted and it wasnā€™t available in Chrome at all.

Iā€™ve been playing on Safari, but it has giant white bars at the top and bottom of the screen. If I could find somewhere to turn those bars black I think this would work perfectly for me!

Is the beta over with? I am unable to see it on my account

EDIT: Turn off your ad-blocker

3 Likes

Can I use my user name and password from EVE online as I donā€™t seem to be allowed to singe in with it so that realy does it for me I will not be using it