Eve Anywhere enters Beta

You would use your normal login details yes, however the beta might now be over so you may not actually be able to sign in to it anymore

That being said don’t forget this will not be a free feature and will require an extra fee in order to be used once its actually released

Is this only applicable to a limited number of pilots? I’m currently in the United Kingdom, logged in with an Omega account, and there’s no “Launch Eve Online” button anywhere on the homepage.

It says “where eligible”, but what actually determines this?

1 Like

Let me provide my experience so far with Eve Anywhere.

As an experienced software developer, I can say you nailed the intercommunication between the client and remote. The interaction is smooth and very responsive. I can say that without a doubt this must have been the hardest part. High-performance network code is a tough nut to crack.

That said, I am kinda disappointed that this is not actually using a full WebGL client. Instead it’s a somewhat ok-ish performing remote with a max resolution of Full-HD and a fixed 60 fps. It allows to go to potato mode, but I have not yet tested this in more complex battle situations.

At the same time, I am highly impressed. Even a low-end laptop with a fair amount of video decode capabilities seems plenty, as long as you have the bandwidth.

This is definitely one to keep. It gives the player a choice. The only thing left is to add remotely stored UI profiles, so we don’t have to go through that setup every time we restart the client.

Lastly, it only became available to me after disabling various Chrome extensions (uBlock etc.)

Running on Chrome 92.0.4515.159, AMD 5950X, 64G RAM, RTX 3090, 500/50 MBit cable connection, NL

2 Likes

This solved it not appearing - perhaps this should be added to the communications in some way as these kinds of extensions are very common.

You need to be using a modern browser and have disabled your adblocker as that will prevent the option from appearing

I’m sure all will go well.

well fine then.

The grave robbers dragging this thread back from the dead would have been better served to spend their weekend having fun with the open beta for Diablo II: Resurrected.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Over the last 2-3 days I have not been able to keep a stable connection with EVE Anywhere, getting kicked off after a few min…anyone else had issues? its been pretty solid till recently

I have been testing this since it was available in Germany. So far it has been a very smooth ride. I would highly appreciate it, if I would not have to disable my adblock extension to make it work as the “launcher button” in the browser is linked to googletagmanager.com . Also it would be very nice if the overview settings, players channels and window management were saved on each character on the server so I would not always have to add “Oh TakaShawa’s overview settings” when I log in.

Likely deliberate so they can gather more analytics from it, wouldn’t expect that to change in the least

Might be something they offer long term by storing the profiles on the servers you’ll essentially be renting from them for each session, yes this will be a paid subscription in addition to your normal one

Currently its in beta so they are likely just trying to keep resource use to a minimum while they ensure its a viable solution and gauge if there is enough of a market to make it financially viable to run the service to begin with, its going to be a hard sell unless its super cheap and even then most people here are nerdy enough to not need this service to begin with

Beta Virgins

When you have been in beta as long as SC get back to us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like

EVE Everywhere starts loading for me but then after a minute or so closes the fullscreen and does back to eve website. Any ideas? I disabled all addons, I tried in Chrome, Edge. Firefox doesnt show the option for me for some reason. Browsers are all up to date and all…

Where is Anywhere eligible? I am in one of the european countries that are listed on the map but I don’t see the option anywhere on the main page when I am logged in (even turned NS and adblocker off).

I’ve been impressed with performance on Chrome on my macbook. One thing that is frustrating is that my UI, window positions / size and the like, resets every time I log in. Is this the same for everyone?

I have the same issue, I’d love to give it a try but I don’t see the button anywhere. Also tried things like anywhere.eve.com etc, no cigar.

Not sure if you are the ones who always cries about unsubbing, but if you are not Omega, you won’t have access to it.

But if you are omega, and you are on the list of who should be able to play… just going to eveonline.com, and logging in, should bring you to a page where it says, “play in browser”

you need to be omega, if not, you won’t be able to play… see my answer above.

Yes, fully subbed for the coming months and have been for a few years now, also live in one of the appointed countries, disabled adblocking and even brush my teeth twice a day… still no button :frowning:

I just tried with Chrome, worked. Chromium browsers (like Opera) don’t seem supported.

1 Like