EVE Gate Shutdown – Wednesday September 27th

You don’t pull the carpet out of your house then wait 6 months till the carpet store has the color you want, you get the replacement first then rip it out. And you don’t ■■■■ on the other people in your house when they complain and are pissed that the floors a mess telling them to just wear shoes.

2 Likes

The issue was, as he said, there was a sudden fatal issue with EVE Gate that FORCED them to take it offline immediately.

It’s online right now. Derp :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Is this all anyone does on these Forums now? Nitpick?

I was talking about how CCP Falcon referenced that they would normally have given more warning and a more concrete plan, but instead they’re taking it down in only a few days because of an error that would be too difficult to fix affecting a system that’s already buggy at best.

I guess that technically means that “immediately” isn’t perfectly accurate. So very sorry to have committed such an egregious grammatical error.

Still sounds like EVE :smile: but OK I am being a touch facetious :blush: so I’l lay off :slight_smile:

It wasn’t a grammatical error friend, it was a blatantly false statement.

Are you Falcon? I don’t think there is a single person who plays EVE that thinks ccp ever come up with a concrete plan when they ‘fix’ something.

1 Like

:heart: Tech Co.

No wonder the game is in a so bad shape with this kind of answer, as I bet that it represents the internal vision of the company.

Not everyone use a smartphone, not everyone are willing to pay 20/30 bucks to be able to use internet on their phone with limited monthly data (and you need to be covered with DECENT 3G/4G networks, but hélas I have to deal with a 16.6 Kbit/s 3G network and I am not even kidding as I have to wait minutes to load a website), and not everyone want to be followed by Google/Apple at all moment. Some of the same reasons who make Discourse a bad choice for smartphones too, by the way…

You can keep your 21st century in your a_[censored]_ for all I care. The 20st century at least worked well and I hope that we will get a new website for evemails. I didn’t use it all the time, but it happened and it was cleary great to not login for some mails.

4 Likes

Tell me you’re tossing Discourse and using something useable…

3 Likes

Me thinks CCP needs to fire their web dev guys. EveGate has been in existence for many years and no update for it ever. No wonder they are suddenly encountering errors…

2 Likes

Swipe left to increase the price 0.01 ISK. Swipe right to decrease the price 0.01 ISK!

3 Likes

That’s actually a pretty good idea you two have there.

1 Like

All the constant removal of Eve related content is nothing more than the end of Eve’s Era. Not much room left but still another nail in Eve’s Coffin.

3 Likes

Consider it more of a prediction than an idea :face_with_monocle:

the app is currently working on android and the “connection error” bug is no longer present.

i dont know how long that will be true though cause that bug lasted weeks and they never tried to fix it.

they just need to make the app more useful and add other features like skill queue stuff or a corp chat.
never been able to get the calendar to work.

and fire their monetization team, and fire the events team, and the team thats way behind schedule redesigning the ships, and the guy who does sov mechanics.

Hi there,
I’m the guy who wrote and hosts https://spacemail.tk

I do know trust is an issue, especially for the paranoid beings we tend to be in eve. So how about you try it on an alt (esi access scopes are character bound and provide no account level access) and if you like it, feel free to grab the sources here: https://bitbucket.org/snitchashor/spacemail and either host it yourself or find someone trustworthy.
Calendar is work in progress (read only for now)

2 Likes

And yet you still go right ahead & name your alt Snitch anyway :astonished: then use it for this :face_with_raised_eyebrow: trying a little reverse psychology perhaps :smile:

2 Likes

I think it was just Falcon overshooting the target. Calling whole 21 century and every phone company there is to the rescue and wanting you to keep up with consumerism, and generally it felt like: “buy new phone for our buggy, mediocre application, buy VR, buy PS3, we dont care if you use it or not, we dont care what you do with it later, we dont care what we do with our software later, we are CCP” It is such a stupid attitude. :psyccp:

Graphic was used in the leaked CCP newsletter in which they talked microtransactions extensively, at time of the Incarna expansion.

There were other options like ignoring it, or he could have said for example: “I am sorry, but its the only option that will be available to our clients for some time, before we will fix it with new, upcoming out of game web based EVE-mail system”

2 Likes

2 Likes