EVE Gate Shutdown – Wednesday September 27th

I have to laugh at that because when I first saw the headline I thought, “Didn’t the EVE Gate already collapse? Like…a long time ago?”

2 Likes

Third parties to the rescue! (at least until CCP can get something proper made)

https://evemail.fuzzwork.co.uk

6 Likes

Anyone know how to get the EVE App to send mail since evegate is going away? It doesn’t work for me currently. It has a character, a subject, and a love letter… what more does it want?!

2 Likes

So I guess this superb unfinished app will be available on all “phone that’s capable of accessing the internet” that exist ?
Cause I’m living in this century and still can’t use the app on my phone, you should think twice before making some statement.

9 Likes

what do you want? by adjusting the time till lock, they also adjusted the rate of salvaging,

:blush:

you see where you’ve typed the name?

you have to search for the user. select the box, the keyboard will pop up, and the enter button will be a magnifying glass to search.

1 Like

…Well, that is inconvenient :angry:

4 Likes

Great. EVE Online Portal doesnt work on my phone (3 year old Android phone) …
Also, i hate typing on a touchscreen. I wouldnt use it anyway.

4 Likes

You continue to be the poster boy for what is wrong with CCP.

9 Likes

Fix the Eve Portal app please.
Constant Connection errors, screens that don’t refresh, the app is difficult to type with for evemail replies.
On top of that, it sends me a notification every time I send an evemail to anyone (not corp or alliance).

Time to get it out of alpha and into beta…

2 Likes

Can you detail your issues for us in this thread, and we’ll take a look at them :slight_smile:

I don’t care anymore

4 Likes

@CCP_Falcon This is not /r/Eve… try and be a little nicer.

3 Likes

Again CCP shown their classic behaviour towards their game community - we are removing eve gate because we want so with crappy explanation. Eve Portal is another half cooked product which CCP trying to feed everyone with.

I got another one in my head CCP - Crappy Computerized Products.

Good job CCP

2 Likes

One use for EvE Gate that I enjoyed was the ability to get large portrait pictures of my pilots for record. I’m sure this is a very minor issue for most, but does anyone know how to get similar pictures now Gate is broken/gone?

One of the downsides of this new forum is the tiny pictures of pilots, and downloading them results in a fairly small version too. I’ve not found anywhere to get portraits - there’s an option in game, but I have no idea where it stores these pictures.

Thanks for any advice.

1 Like

So, what’s the new URL to character profile?

in your Documents/EVE/ is a folder for saved portraits.

If you can get the character id, you can pull it straight from the image server.

like so https://imageserver.eveonline.com//Character/90926985_1024.jpg

2 Likes

This PC > Documents > EVE > Capture > Portraits

There’s another folder in there named Screenshots which is where all your [ prnt scrn ] photo’s go… at least that’s where they are on my system.

2 Likes

I use it, If I remember it is an Iphone app, but it works. Deselect ipad only in the app store.

Ps its working today after not working for months.