EVE Is Dangerous. Yeah Right

You do realise that this is ironic in nature? You being a person who is trying to force their own playstyle on others through the medium of whining incessantly about not being able to avoid exploding, because they’re either too lazy or too stupid to adjust their gameplay to suit the game.

7 Likes

You can choose between them or you could use a VPN etc etc. Eve’s retention rate is terrible hundreds of thousands of players have bounbced into and out of Eve and what do the Elite player base do of which I have been just as guilty of doing. They lambaste take the piss say wow is that way your an idiot blah blah blah. Maybe its us and how we conduct ourselves in this game, I know Eve does little to no handholding 10 year vet myself. Maybe your play styles sucks arse and the game developers need to be changing the game. And with a name LIke yours CCP should be looking at the name changing mechanic and enforcing it.

Because, believe it or not, Eve is and always has been a niche game. It’s not a WoW clone. It offers a unique universe, where you can feel thrills the likes of which you’ll NEVER find in a game like WoW.

It’s like two people arguing about whether or not a Thriller is an enjoyable genre of movie. Some people love them, other people are bored of them, and other people still need to double up on their heart medication.

Eve is the thriller here. It’s supposed to put you through the wringer. That’s what makes it not a WoW clone… and amusingly enough, that’s why it’s still alive today. Nothing else offers this experience. As soon as you take that away, what does Eve have?

2 Likes

2l9jxz

5 Likes

PVP games that allow the ability to opt out of PVP are toxic waste dumps.
Nothing emboldens a toxic player more than the knowledge that they have no real consequences to fear for their words and actions. EVE has always been a pvp game that has pve activities available to generate content for pvp in various ways.

Part of what keeps the civil order in the game is the knowledge that you CAN be hunted down and put to task for your actions and words. Of course, you wont understand this no matter how clearly it’s explained.

You don’t understand EVE.
Stop trying to fix something you don’t understand.

6 Likes

QFT.

Once I realised that, my PvE activities became more interesting in that I changed the way I play in order to navigate around the nefarious intentions of people like yourself and groups such as TEARS.

You, you joined the dark side, and fair play to you. Did you ever get the cookies?

Says the sapiens who want to force pvpers out of hisec… oh irony

Nope. I borrowed them first. I’m… refining them, will sell them back afterwards.

First of all you are full of crap…

I am an industrialist, and do a lot of so called “PvE”

I require PvP in all forms to include ganking to keep my playstyle going.
Without the wanton destruction that occurs at times…I would have nothing to do, nor a reason.

please just GTFO.

4 Likes

And knowing this and seeing still seeing no need for a change is called stubborn,- and stupidness…
“We don’t need to do changes to have a better chance on the market,the market should bow to our glorious game and our way we do it”.

The market does not even flare its nose to that. demand.
Your are just beeing ignored and this is good news,bad for the game but good news for any reasonable people…

No.simply no…

PVP CAN happen.i said it many times…

JUST not in high…

LOW and 0.0 is large enough for this strange hobby…

I don’t want to get rid of PVP ,just move it as in many other games to a restricted area of the game…this is more than reasonable.

Typical “change is bad because it would change MY game and MY playstyle” statement.
“The needs of others are not my concern,i also park on 2 spots in a parking place so my doors cannot be scratched and honk on a traffic light the second it shows green…”

Just ignore it…

yes…out of high…not out of the game…THIS would be ignorant

but “Ignorant is forcing your playstyle on others”

How do you not understand that this is about creating a place where PVE can live its playstyle unharmed by the “guys with the strange hobby”?
Not about killing pvp competly.
They can have their precious PVP in low and 0.0.

At the moment ONLY PVP can play as they like…PVE has no place to do this unharmed by PVP…

SO…what is “bad” about an opportunity to actually CHOOSE what you want (stay in high if you don’t want PVP or go to low/0.0 if you like it)

I would call this FREEDOM OF CHOICE

The actual situation is just “PVP or go”

And this is not what todays players want and so they leave the game or don’t think a second about joining…and some really think the actual situation is “better”…

I strongly doubt it…

An rorq pilot ganked in null is a PVE player forced in non consensual PVP. You position is unclear, are you against PVP in hi or non consensual PVP?

And, my dear friend, freedom comes from responsability.

no freedom comes from having a choice and not having a choice is no freedom

And my position is clear as glass…no pvp allowed in high

And what if 2 industrial corps decide to go to war for POCO ownership? not allowed? you talk about freedom…

well…here we are…
What if BOTH SIDES sanction it?

COMPLETLY different situation…
In actual PVP you don’t have a chance to avoid it other than trying to flee,you can’t simply reject beeing attacked.

IF both parties(corps or single players) actually AGREE to PVP you can have it…but ONLY under this circumstances…so no griefing,no jumping into missions,no canflipping no gatecamps and so on in high just clear WANTED BY BOTH SIDES PVP…as it should be.

So yes…even under my suggestion there CAN be PVP in high but only under an agreement…

1 Like

Therefore my question, are you against pvp in hisec or non consensual pvp? or only non consensual pvp in hisec maybe?