Eve launcher crashes

Hey,

five minutes ago my eve launcher closed and restarted itself. However, every time it starts, it crashes a second later with an error regarding Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
Launcher Version: 1875.733.1441.0

Edit: There is a missing backslash in the solution, this is the correct path:
C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage

3 Likes

I have the same problems. The launcher does not start anymore.

evelauncher.exe
602bdc50
Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
5fad3819
c0000005
02bbf393
01d7048dbf961d1e
D:\Games\EVE\Launcher\evelauncher.exe
D:\Games\EVE\Launcher\Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
016c25a1-7081-11eb-adde-902b34d6c8e7

I found a solution. Delete the last folder in this address, then reopen your launcher. Works like a charm-

C:\Users%UserName%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage

9 Likes

Same thing happened here… could you explain a little better wbat to delerte Armkon?

Launcher keep crashing. Solution didn’t work for me. Bosh.

In that directory path that the other person linked, there is a folder with a long string of numbers/characters for a name.

I made a separate folder named ‘Backup’ in the same directory, then dropped that entire folder in there (instead of deleting it).

Once the folder in that directory was removed, the launcher was able to start.
I’m guessing this is the result of some sloppy coding related to temporary file cleanup while the launcher was patching itself.

2 Likes

@Midori_Twilight Indeed. This worked for me.

did not work for me
they broke my game

here is the sequence of events… was in space 2 accounts… launcher crashed with message saying EveLauncher closed ect searching for solution… none found windows will update me when a solution is available… which yea…

thought i was about to DC… did not… 20 mins later… both accounts DC and launcher window will not open fully… it loads the window then hits me with the windows error reporting / solution finding message and ultimately closes… cant do anything whatsoever deleeting the file above did not help… cant do anything to the launcher window…

w000t

“C:\Users%UserName%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage”

deleting this worked

I had same problem with launcher too with Windows 7 machine. Removing this one directory from C: drive fixed my issue. Here is screenshot from Reddit how to solve this issue.
EVE_launcher_fix_17022021

Thanks to all fellow pilots who have gone out of their way to share their solutions. I searched everything, tried everything from cleaning registry using a legit registry cleaner, uninstall and install again, to deleting the Eve folder thingy as described above, nothing works. Anyone got any ideas left? This is the first time this happened to me after more than 10 yrs of playing Eve. I am running Win 10.

Sorry guys, have not been searching hard enough. Found the answer in deleting the following folder :

• %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE
    Everything is good now. Thanks guys. Sorry for the trouble caused.

Can confirm, deleting the CacheStorage folder worked.

Tried this and it doesn’t work.

ok, I am not the most computer literate person out there, can some one explain how to fix this as they would an idiot ? lmao
I searched everywhere for :
C:\Users%UserName%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage
but can not find it much less fix it.

nothing worked for me either deleted all caches even uninstalled game when i try to patch game it starts to patch for about 5secs then closes out

Having the same issue. Patched fine on home workstation but my travel laptop keeps crashing. Cant locate the C:\Users%UserName%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage” file on the laptop after spending an hour looking for it. I’m guessing that EVE will not be playable til CCP releases a new patch that fixes this issue.

Okay, so, say your User Name on your laptop is Dagby. The path would be: C:\Users\Dagby\AppData\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage

Replace ‘Dagby’ with ‘Your User Name’ and you will get to the correct folder. If there is a space in your username, like Dagby Brinn, include the space in the path.

Crashes again, deleting C:\Users%UserName%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage does not work now . windows 7