EVE Online: Into The Abyss - General Feedback

Try it and let me know how it works out for you.

Why so agressive? I asked a pretty simple question…

you will be camped all the time

2 Likes

Find a quiet system
Get some friends
???
Profit

It’s not like all systems are occupied by people who do pvp lol

I used to switch off window blur because I ■■■■■■■ hate it not because my card couldn’t cope.
So now I have to play with low shaders ?
Quality

So, this Grand Prix event is very annoying.

Why can’t I set desto from the agency window?
Why does the Agency HUD menu not show the remaining time or the destination system?
Why does the target say “SOE Project Beacon” when you are actually required to warp to the station in system?
Why do you have to travel back to Luminaire after every step? This is supposed to be a Grand Prix, not a Paddle-Ball-Game…
Why do I not get points for going back to Luminaire?

4 Likes

you forgot the guys camping and smart bombing people

That’s a bonus

Removing the option to turn window blur off is a COMPLETELY IDIOTIC CHANGE. My windows were opaque. I liked it that way. Now I can’t ■■■■■■■ turn them completely opaque even with the slider all the way left.

What the ■■■■ is wrong with you? Why do you have to break ■■■■ that isn’t broken?

2 Likes

Works great. Pro hint - Orca alt, ship swap from ship bay. Easy.

1 Like

I think there is an unintended consequence of rolled mods, especially when you roll faction/dead/officer

By taking all the mods and rolling them into a single color, it actually de-values the mod, even if rolled into something arguably better.

This case in point is especially true for officer mods. People spend isk on these mods because of their prestige. This prestige is clear by their color, icon and title. When you change it to the same color and title of every other mod, it become worthless in this regard.

I think a solution would be to have muta-mods titles changed to reflect their original state but with some sort of visual or title asterisk. I also think they should retain their meta based color.

If I roll a Toby web it currently shows as a Red boxed “Abyssal Stasis Webifier”

It should be a purple mod with the title “Abyssal Tobias Stasis Webifier”

That way it retains its prestige and the value can actually increase based on the roll.

2 Likes

We said the same thing when they changed the Audio Sliders. They didn’t listen then, and they probably won’t now.

3 Likes

I just noticed the new tooltip for contracts for abyssal modules. First things first: Very nice layout and extremely nice that it goes to the side and not up or down like in other menus. Please make tooltips in other menus like the probe window (scanner probe tooltip) behave like that as well.

2 Likes

Thumbs up to CCP on this expansion. I have to admit i was doubtful during testing on singularity but the team came through. I really love the deadspace sites!

2 Likes

Will there be a feature where I can sort abyssal modules by range, power grid, CPU etc? At the moment, we can only sort modules by price, which isn’t always accurate about the quality of each module.

2 Likes

Now that everything isn’t selling for 10x the actual value, loot in these abyssmal sites is very poor. None of the loot really holds long term value, as the ships are “meh” at best, and pretty much all of the loot that drops is for building said ships. Filaments are worth basically nothing, the “red loot” is worth very little, and the Mutaplasmids in general keep plummeting and I expect even the higher end ones to drop to low value relatively fast; the odds of them actually improving the mod you use them on makes them worthless unless they’re relatively cheap. At this rate, T3s are gonna be worse than level 3 missions on average (if they aren’t already) for about a billion times the risk.

Add the fact that you die any time you get socket closed or the server gets DDOS’d or the citadel conversion is a fail and the server crashes cough. Sure, you may get reimbursed if the logs don’t show nothing, but even then you’re out an expensive ship for days (weeks?) because CCP support is so horribly slow these days. Weee.

The sites are already also feeling very “samey”. Once you have a fit that can actually run X level, most of them boil down to 1) Burn under battleship’s guns and orbit close 2) Plink away at the other ships that come at you 3) Press F1 and watch a sexy movie while you chew through the battleship’s 90 million EHP 4) Open loot crate containing 2m in red loot

2 Likes

They shouldn’t have nerfed the sites so much. I imagine they will buff them back up eventually. I lost interest when I went from 50+ isogen a site to 15. At that point they aren’t worth the inevitable gank attempts.

4 Likes

The reward for these things is almost impossible to balance; even L2s are harder and take way more focus than L4 missions, and they can’t really be multiboxed, so if the rewards aren’t really high, they aren’t worth doing. However, if the rewards ARE really high, a bling ship can just chain run them for stupid isk. I don’t see CCP winning this one without massive changes.

1 Like

True enough. You don’t balance for the rich high sp player and you don’t balance for the day 1 nooblet. You need to do it for the average player.

3 Likes

It really speaks volumes when a “major” release generates barely 2 weeks of content. Now that we have the new GSM we can return to our regularly scheduled null-sec development.

4 Likes