Eve ship stats are too overbalanced - I REFUSE to skill for the Triglavian ships

Seems a bit weird to actively want overpowered ships because you think it’ll be cool. All that’ll happen is that everyone is going to fly it so it’s not cool any more but a menace.

Classic case of “be sure of what you ask for”.

And even THIS would NEVER happen if you not start the nerf race at all…but for this game it is too late…

And btw - i’m COMPLETLY sure that the abyssal ships will also be nerfed in the future for beeing “overpowered”…no doubt about it…

And what is so bad about people flying one ship for a single purpose?
On one hand you want diversity,on the other you want all ships to do exactly the same due equalizing them via nerfs?

In my eyes you have to actually decide what is more important,diversity or a “balanced(aka boring because of no ships that can do better than others)” game.

Better do not touch the nerfhammer at all…

1 Like

-The fact you need to stay on target in order to build up damage
-Only single turret
-One target
-Builds up damage over a long time
-No falloff range

Sounds perfect for station bashing if you ask me. Not much else.

1 Like

Here are some suggestions:

-CCP scrap the Triglavian Family Tree and introduce Wormhole pirate ships.
-CCP improve command burst stats by up to 70%.
-CCP increase Gila bandwidth to 30-40 mb/secs
-CCP introduce a “hyper-stealth mode” to all interceptors, making them unseen on Overview periodically.
-CCP increase the cargo capacity of ships to something that more equally matches ship size. A battleship with 800m3 capacity is not a real battleship.

I could go on.

Trig ships were clearly designed with structure bashing in mind. Long time single target engage meant is their bread and butter.

Leshak

• A Rattle is VASTLY more diverse in capability than a Leshak at a fraction of the operating cost.
  • An Oracle costs 1/10th the price and can bash the structure for no operating cost.
  • Keep in mind that a Leshak currently costs 122k per minute to fire with the most efficient ammo

Kikimora - Will likely see a nerf. While I love her, she’s a little too good for a T1.

@ this post in general, Balance is a good thing, without it everyone would just fly X best ship that’s out there. However, ships should be buffed, not nerfed. The natural evolution of technology is things get better, not worse.

2 Likes

Shes not a T1 though, shes a pirate faction ship.

While true, a Pirate T1 one should not outshine a T3 in pretty much every category for a similar price. Keep in mind that a T2 kiki is coming out in a few months, so the kiki line in general is treading a lot of new water. The general consensus is it’s a fantastic design, but a little too good. It’s range and dps likely need to come in some.

is a bonus not a negative

1 Like
  • You can not split fire
  • You can not equip different weapon types
  • The single turret requires massive amounts of repair paste
1 Like
  1. You can overheat for a lot longer.
  2. Its cheaper because you only need 1.
  3. Uses ammo slower and requires less cargo space for ammo hence more cap booster’s.
  4. Uses up only 1 slot and the way ccp balances means that there is more slots for other things other than damage.

You clearly have not seen them in action yet. Otherwise you would not say these things.

1 Like

My post states that I won’t train any of the Triglavian skills.

So I haven’t used this ship at all. I haven’t seen them in action either.

1 Like

I disagree.

Unless ships start to become complete copies of eachother, balance is a good thing. Balance offers people the chance to make their own choice for a small advantage, while allowing a lot of choices.

Take away balance and the choice disappears, people would all be forced to fly the ‘most OP’ doctrine, or die to people who do.

I think it would be more creative to see it as diversity rather than non-balanced, if the game were to introduce this.

I wouldn’t choose to fly something just because it’s OP: I would simply fly it because I like the style. At least I would be given a choice.

Now, there is no choice. No matter which race ship you fly they are all basically the same. Every weapon is basically the same.

Pirate ships offer a 5% improvement overall, maybe 10% at a stretch, but that’s about it.

What about a 60 or 70% stretch, why not a mismatch of powers and capabilities across the ship tree?

None of the ships are ‘the same’. For example, if you’re trying to find the right interdictor for you, they all have different slot layouts, different velocity, different align speed, different resist profiles… different everything.

No ship is exactly the same. Look at the small differences and take the ship you like most. Optimisation is in the small %. If one ship would be 60% or 70% better at something than their competitors, do you think any other ship would ever be used again?

Have you ever even flown a Trig ship?

1. Trigs turret take more damage per cycle on overheating, ie you can’t overheat them as long.
  2. Each cycle consumes 1 charge, a weapon can hold 500 charges and each charge is about 10x the cost of other ammo types. They also chew through ammo and almost require you to bring multiple stacks to swap based on range. if you go boom you are losing more isk than other ships too.
  3. Compared to what? Energy turret ship needs almost no space. A Drone ship’s turrets are just bonus damage. yes, compared to a 8 missle boat it’s going to have more room, but an 8 missile boat also doesn’t require cap for those guns.
  4. It’s high slots are balanced around only having 1 turret, and it’s bonused for utility so that’s what the ship is meant to do, but gets tight fitting to match. It’s not able to equip other weapon systems except smart bombs which are trash outside of their niche.
    @ turrets are cheap hahahahah a dis turret cost 40-80m on average.

The gross misconceptions of players that trig ships are OP are people that don’t fly them or have so much isk that cost isn’t a factor. Yes a 700m bling fit vedmak will crush a 250m T2 HAC. A 1.2b Leshak with be better at structure bashing than a 80m oracle. The price will aways be an issue keeping it in balance because the materials can’t just be afked or semi-afked.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

There is nothing OP about the Triglavian ships. They are just rehashed hybrid turrets a la cruise missile a la everything else in a new format, and with all the drawbacks you just listed it shows that there are 0 advantages to buying this ship for the ordinary high-sec player. Why would I want that?

I don’t station bash.

1 Like

There a few reason you may want to fly them. They highly excel at…

• Making you frustrated because targets die before you can get in range
  • Making your corp/alliance mad because your expensive ship loss made zkill look bad
  • Constantly making you sad because outside of a station bash, they don’t fit FC’s doctrine
  • Getting you laughed at it you ask for SRP
  • Making you re-up your Omega
1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

This is going to be good! grabs popcorn

They can just add a Wormhole series ships. Why delete?

Meh, why not, more Shield burst would be nice :slight_smile:

I don’t fly taht ship, check this : Gila getting 5 drones back?

Last time I checked if you are in stealth, you are not in the overview. Are you one of those ‘I don’t log in but comment for changes just to troll nerf treads’ ?

What do you want in it? It can have some dedicated ammo bay?

I bet you can!

This is the post that never ends
It just goes bump and bump my friends
some people started replying it not knowing what it was
and we continue posting here forever just because

and we continue posting here forever just because