Eve ship stats are too overbalanced - I REFUSE to skill for the Triglavian ships

You have a bleeping porpoise now. Years ago we did not have the choice.

1 Like

and the porpoise is a beautiful ship - one of my favourite meta’s. That’s what I mean by diversity.

1 Like

well then i would say, cya in world of warcraft classic! u will love it :slight_smile:
just be sure to play on a pvp server because it is the true wow experience :wink:

2 Likes

What you want in a game is dynamic balance. With people moving between flavours of the month.

The speed of movement is, of course, of major concern. Especially in a game like Eve, where there’s training time to consider.

And you don’t want one static ‘this beats all’ ship. Because that’s just dull.

4 Likes

Tornados can’t fit microjumpdrives . . . probably because that would be . . . unbalanced. :upside_down_face:

They actually can fit microjumpdrives - just like any other battlecruiser. You don’t see that used often but for grid dancing is very nice thing to have.

1 Like

::yoink::

This is correct. Since March of 2018 . . . right about the time I went on hiatus. :frowning:

1 Like

If you think that high DPS is the main reason to fly Marauders, then you fundamentally misunderstand Marauders. :wink:

And as for your OP, while I like the idea of adding more “flavor” and “variety” to ships, the more varied your options, the harder it is for CCP to balance them. I think they took a step in the right direction with Triglavian ships (mixing up how weapons work, native bonuses to spider tanking, smartbomb bonuses, etc.) and their high price reflects the fact that a lot of players want to fly them.

2 Likes

Damps and/or ECM would likely be effective too. Anything that disrupts a Triglavian target lock is more effective than it is against any other ship due to how their damage application works.

1 Like

Hi - I think i’m just put off by the fact that after 4 years of playing eve and skill training I have to start another skill queue to use these new ships.

I know - it doesn’t take long - maybe just a few minutes to skill for the actual weapon systems - but it’s the Level 5 perfectionist in me that’s annoying…eurgh!

I honestly wish I wasn’t obsessed with skilling everything to perfection.

Well that is an entirely different issue, and one that I may sympathize with.

(My thing isn’t having skils at level V, it’s having skills only partially trained to the next level. I hate seeing that little half-filled box…)

2 Likes

Weapon disruptors as well. Especially on ship bonused for them - almost nothing hurts more than random -80% to optimal range.

If you knock a target out of optimal for a disruptor, does the disruptor keep firing like a traditional turret, or does it stop more like a scram/web? Because if it’s the latter, then yes, yes that will most certainly hose any Triglavian ship.

Most players don’t mind this because it gives them something new to work toward.

It was a big issue about 10 years ago where many players were complaining about the lack of new things to train for.

Disintegrators work like scrams - they have 0 falloff.

1 Like

Right, I knew that part, but you can activate a traditional turret against any target you have locked, regardless of the target’s range or the turret’s optimal and falloff. Hence my question. I wasn’t sure if disintegrators (not disruptors, +1 derp point to me) worked like turrets, since they’re weapons, or like scram/web, since they have no falloff.

Thanks for the answer. :slight_smile:

The thing baout turret is that it has falloff. So there is some minimal chance to hit the target - even with small blasters filled with void at 300km distance. It will be penetration. Minimal chance but there. Once falloff is 0 weapons won’t activate past optimal range.

2 Likes

Turrets for the four factions all use the following:
Range group1;
0-optimal range 100% chance of hit
Range group2;
From Optimal range + Falloff range 50% chance of hit
Range group3;
From group2 falloff range + falloff range 6% chance of hit
Range group4;
From group3 falloff range +falloff range 2% chance of hit.

So as an example, a weapon with 50km optimal and 50km falloff, could fire at a target at 200km, but there’s only a 2% chance it will hit, at 150km 6%, 100km 50% and at 50km 100%.

Launchers and trig turrets only have optimal range capacity, so hit 100%, the only thing that effects these are trajectory and signature mods to damage.

Trig turrets in one is a hybrid of lasers and launchers. They use ammo like launchers, are limited to optimal range like launchers, have instant ammo change/reload like lasers, have high fitting requirements like lasers. Damage can be avoided by flying outside weapon optimal range like launchers.

I find it annoying when people oppose everything I say for the sake of it.

What did you say? :wink: