Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

Just tried more than 7 relogs in a row. Still flashy. I call you lucky, not fixed.

We even have a term for it among my friend, being blocked by the timed challenges:

"[10:40]
(redacted):
I just got Othelloed.
3 challenges locked out, one guests defeated in serp/angel ships stuck at flashing 0
"

It’s frustrating having your ability to participate in an event dependent on random factors and how often you get challenges that don’t much apply where you live and play, or require you to fly a faction ship that you may not want to afford or have a daily use for.

4 Likes

Wow this is another event with much variety !
So lame
very salt!
GalaVariety

4 Likes

This event sucks…

5 Likes

Pretty much every event they seem to take the first week to get it even close to being functional!

Time and time again there are refresh issues with the task and yet once again the same issue shows up for already nearly the 1st week of the event. You’d think that this issue would be well known now and they would prevent it - But no ! Not CCP … they like to feature the same bug time and time again and then wonder why people just cba and don’t participate … of even just move on from a game that they see as not really going anywhere.

After doing 2 sites since DT I’m down to no live tasks. Bug reported tho time’s ticking so even just doing it for the Agency points and not the big scam lucky dip isk sink doesn’t look like a possibility at this rate !
Plus once more ****** boosters that expire way too soon and end up becoming DB clutter as there’s no reprocessing on them. Great if you can get in and sell then b4 the price bottoms of cause tho things like this should at least be reprocess-able into something usable even if it’s only worth a couple of thousand isk
Cause with this event you’d need to spend millions to get enough of the new stuff to make the boosters or mine a ton of sites.

2 Likes
1 Like

#stopguardiangala

6 Likes

#stopguardiangala

5 Likes

Actually, you can mine almost the whole site in a single low-skilled Alpha Venture. XD It’s crazy-low…

6th login attempt, with resetting cache, and verify cache integrity (which removed 100+ files), NOW I see challenges again…it isn’t the perfect solution, but it looks like it helps…

And now that they’re gray again, I guess I’ll spend more time logging out-logging in…

2 Likes

I had this happen too… actually got the damaged gift as loot from one of the rats, but opened it and Garbage was inside, literally. Done about 20 of these sites and one had it drop once.

2 Likes

I heard about that - that’s not a novelty item, that’s just insulting to the entire event as a whole!

2 Likes

How many days has this event been live, and I still have greyed out tasks? That’s really frustrating. We can’t make progress if we don’t have tasks. Purging the cache doesn’t work. I’ve done a dozen events since starting this game, and this is the first time this has happened. Please fix it before the event ends so we can complete it. Thanks.

5 Likes

Still all grayed out, can’t progress

2 Likes

4 or 5…

1 Like

Keep logging out-logging in and clearing cache each time…I’ve had to do it 6-8 times respectively…others 7-10…we don’t have any other solutions…

5 Likes

You got ONE BPC in 100 crates?

BTW, the sites despawn precisely after 2 minutes, after the last ship left or cloaked up.

When I see how badly this event is designed and managed it indicates deeper issues within the company. Seeing something like this get released means I can’t in good conscience encourage a friend to get into the game because I have no faith that Eve will continue in a good direction. It looks like people starting the game now are very likely pouring effort and resources into a game that will continue to devolve.

6 Likes

Yeah. I can definitely see this turning into the CCP version of Fallout 76.

A last gasp cash grab before an engine rebuild…or retirement.

4 Likes

No matter what you think of the event and lootboxes… The actual event itself is bugged! Can barely find any Gala sites and the challenges either dont respawn or have stupidly long timers on like 9 years lol.

Come on CCP get your act together otherwise its going to be lights out soon.

5 Likes

You, obviously, haven’t paid attention to the game for a long time…

3 Likes